Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

duTrieux. posted:

congratulations, you've been successfully trained by capitalists who are better at the game than you

I don't want to engender salary comparisons today, because I'm going to be making six and half figures very soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
Guess 1: they don't actually collect any information that would help them generate a net income because why would they give a gently caress?

uber drivers probably can't figure out how to do it either

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

Condiv posted:

they could've got the data if they wanted to by inviting a sample group of drivers to have their net income measured in exchange for a bonus or something. god knows they were able to rope their drivers into other more retarded poo poo like delivering kittens or lovely icecream so it's really #2.

What's the benefit for them gathering the data? how does it increase their profits? They could have gotten the data if they spent money and time collecting it, but that doesn't really give them anything useful in the realm of making more money.

I guess what I'm saying is don't missattribute this to intentional deception. it's just lazy+greedy

also the bit about tori's penus

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
doesn't the IRS go after business that really abuse the 1099 thing? or is that just a trauma induced delusion I have

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

qirex posted:

super turbo nimby

mods please

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy
all college grads are going to require some degree of babysitting, but there are definitely ones that have less of a negative impact then others. in my (extraordinarily meager) experience good interns are more often hamstrung/burned out by poor management then their own incompetence.

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

Main Paineframe posted:

i'm not sure why you're having trouble understanding this, its downright simplistic compared to his workmates

This is the plot of Foundation. This guy pitched a psychohistory program to Stanford and they took him up on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wells
Sep 21, 2008

THIS IS A BIZ!!!
Lipstick Apathy

Tayter Swift posted:

I want to know this person's entire life story, and those of his ancestors

that a human being can manage to have such a complete lack of empathy towards others must take a very specific set of circumstances in regards to his upbringing and I think it is important for future generations to know how to avoid it

the truth is even more banal than that. he claims his first marriage destroyed his job, but in reality his job at ms probably destroyed his marriage. but he got fat stacks so his damaged brain latched on to that as a justification for why his suffering was worth it, and if he admits that the money wasn't worth the pain then he'd have to confront the fact that he made a mistake

• Locked thread