Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

rotor posted:

the tech bubble is the best way I've found to funnel money away from the super-wealthy and into my pocket. long live the tech bubble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

calling a dispatcher to send a cab basically never works even if you're white

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

It’s hard to pinpoint the moment when New York and also technology started to feel like such a chore. Maybe it was when I urinated in a slim-fit adult diaper while waiting in line for the iPhone 4 for ninety-three hours and pronounced the experience “worth it,” or when I found myself testing out tweets on my wife during foreplay, or when a rat scurried across my face and into my mouth while I was checking Facebook and waiting for a C train that never arrived.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

the cone head ,man looks to be a spectacular tool. I'd be very surprised to find out otherwise

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I judge people based on their looks and am rarely wrong

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

when tech balloon pop Marc will make delicious omelet

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

i'm wondering on which two occasions per annum is it acceptable to smoke the devil's lettuce

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

that roommates wanted posted is the most hosed up thing i seen in a while

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

let it be known to whom it may concern

social media posts containing the word disrupt do not count against the weekly limit

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I have to spend like sixteen grand to get one free leg of a southwest flight

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

publicly execute anyone that uses the word nosh

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

do not show weakness to tori

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I hope my hospice has good acid

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

humanity is a cancer upon the earth

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

agreed, he should be kept alive and tortured physically and psychologically for the rest of his life

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

i thought only goateed fedora mans bought diesel volkswagens anyway

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

or VW's in general. i've never met a VW driver that seemed like a decent human being

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

please allow me to clarify, "modern Volkswagens" not the loving magic bus you blubbering idiot

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

like if you see someone driving a jetta, it's either a skank bitch wearing "PINK" sweat suit or a guy that listens to sum 41 or other such pap

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

hey check me out in my VW hatchback diesel with black rims and aftermarket exhaust and limo tint wanna take some "Ecstasy" (pseudo ephedrine mixed with windex) and listen to skrillex?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

shitface posted:

weird. in europe a golf driver is usually an approaching middle age risk averse everyman type. a Jetta driver a poorer, further from middle age everyman risk averse type. a passat a middle class-ish absolutely middle age everyman risk averse type and a vw scirocco a middle class-ish absolutely middle age risk averse type who shoots for girlfriends who are a little too young for them

europe sounds very different from america

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

would it be possible to make a jimmy John sandwich but more bland and stale

asking for a friend who has a lot of money and wants to start a sandwich enterprise

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I'd like to statically route some stuff into Geoff Bozo's anus

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

anyone been through the Memphis airport lately?

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

maybe they didn't notify you because their sweet algorithms knew it was you, saving you the annoyance

I bet that was it

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

something ain't right with that boy

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

synthol

go look up the man whose arms exploded, it's a documentary thing about it

nah

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Enderzero posted:

yeah, you know sales, that one job where millions can be secured on the strength of a personal relationship? it's bots now. all bots

that's fine though cuz the sales bots will be talking to buy bots

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

"bet you won't deserialize that!"

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Chicago is cool

lots of alcohol, coffee, arts, intersections, grid system is cool, lots of ethnic neighborhoods, trains, planes, two airports even, buses, money, computers, good food, shut the gently caress up about pizza and hot dogs, museums, hospitals, weather, parks, titties, the map room, the ped way, a river, a lake, big buildings, douche district for cubs fans, something for everybody really, come visit

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I'm glad people are leaving. riding butts to nuts on the morning train kinda sucks

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

taste of Chicago and baseball sucks, so it's probably usually better than that

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

he's not dead he stil posts in the sec thread

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Citizen Tayne posted:

He died from magnet poisoning. Rip. We will all miss his posts, which were 2/3rds self important humblebrags and 1/3rd discussion on snake oil cures for mental illness.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

smythe is both the leader we need and deserve

4 more years

glorious leader

I like his narrative posts

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

I've been in "the industry" for like 15 years and I've met like 3 people who aren't completely insufferable poo poo lords so yeah the pos is a very comfortable and familiar place

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

would never call myself an engineer but my job titles usually have the E word in them and goddamnit that's going on my resume

about to engineer a post

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

there's a hipster bar in chicago that specializes in ferrets. they have bottles of fernet from like 1930's. last time i was in there I asked for some whiskey cocktail they used to have and the bartender mumbled "we don make that an more" and walked off, while i could clearly see all the ingredients sitting 3 feet from my face. they have edison lights too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

so basically if you're more alert than a SS soldier on meth and do everything perfectly plus wear body armor then maybe you won't die when soccer mom runs over you in a Infiniti SUV that weighs 6000 pounds so they can tax deduct it as a farm vehicle

• Locked thread