Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you
don't take your pets to your jobs you loving weirdos, have some goddamn dignity

my coworker brings his dumb mutt in every day and it smells like rear end and triggers my allergies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

kalstrams posted:

actually, it's about internet in performance arts

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

But even though her record as CEO speaks for itself, Carly faced headwinds from people who did not want to see HP change. They wanted to double-down on a flawed agenda that simply wasn't sustainable against the new challenges of the 21st Century.

Our nation faces this very same problem today--where career politicians protect the current system that personally benefits them, but no longer works for the American people.

even though her record speaks for itself, here's a bunch of stuff we need to make sure you understand about her record and the big meanies that opposed her

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

like i get you need to pad the resume but why would you even mention the company that you were forced to resign from leading?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

why not mention her failed senate run too

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the hp/compaq merger combined the #1 and #3 firms in the industry to form the #2 firm in the industry. to be totally clear: hp and compaq together took approximately the same market share as compaq standing alone.

the merger achieved whatever the opposite of synergy is.

suckergy

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Mobile!!

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Mobile!!

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

cool. fascism owns.

baw

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

FMguru posted:

set sail for dick

rip leisuretown

time to read qa confidential again

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Smythe posted:

i liked this show. not sure if thasts a good opinion

it's good

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Beast of Bourbon posted:

that reminds me of the guy at MSFT who overnight turned from your typical nerd programmer into a hardcore christian evangelist who would want to hold prayer meetings during lunch and kept asking for mailing lists to be created to discuss religion and issues surrounding it.

he kept going until he got laid off for trying to convert the indian QA guys to christianity by following them to the house where 8 of them lived together and screaming at them to go to church or they'll all go to hell

was his name Victor?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

it's me

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

prefect posted:

what is "weight"?

:corsair:

drugs

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

fritz posted:

a dekahitler

nice

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Smythe posted:

my chick in APB had huge knockers and it played the curb your enthusiasm intro when i killed someone. it was epic as hell

cat this_post > things_smythe_finds_epic.rst

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

mo

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

HOME OF THE ITCHY TRIGGA FINGA NIGGAS
ds

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Krakox posted:

I've been reading this guys work on his site and on motherboard for the last hour and it's loving me up in a good way. The way he takes the current state of content farms and Big internet and chops it up into little pieces that makes you realize how garbage a lot of viral sites are made me feel like a :kamina: rad edgelord with a cause. Are there more people like him? how'd you hear about him and his work?
I've been on a binge for good poo poo like this since I realized boingboing.net had finalized its transformation into a milquetoast amazon /$700 coffee gadget affiliate. drat shame. The comments now are pretty good, every single one savages the sponsored $250 smart doorbell or what have you.

The Last Psychiatrist is also good for that rad edge lord thing

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Bhodi posted:

i'm a bit south but my mom who lives up there didn't get a plow till weds, they ended up having to do it themselves

let me know next time your mom needs a plow

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

img it's happening

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

No matter how smug and annoying and oblivious he was, he is what every yosposter wants to be: a guy with seven figgies in the bank, a Tesla, and a first-name relationship with the Zuck.

i don't want any of those things

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

deer are dumb as hell and should be kept to a minimum

much like your posts

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Necc0 posted:

welp it's official, then. party's over, boys.

yuip

gonna do my job, not rock the boat, watch the belt tightening for a few years

better i work at a place that's large enough to contract and they stop serving free food than job hunting while the market turns

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

intellij is orders of magnitude better than eclipse for almost every conceivable metric

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

fishmech posted:

here's one place that mentions it: https://books.google.com/books?id=9...mandate&f=false

it was decided to be the standard for interoperability reasons, since there were multiple competing methods prior

lol

&q=modular%20jack%20fcc%20mandate

convenient you just had that book lying around huh

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the correct solution has already been found: outlaw buying sex, leave selling sex legal, don't go crazy with enforcement. makes things far safer since the workers have all the legal leverage

you know trolling people is generally more subtle than this right?

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Shaggar posted:

more like tragic mouse

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

theflyingexecutive posted:

buildings don't loving move anywhere. like maybe if everyone lived in rvs that were parked randomly it would be useful to have a shorthand so you could do a lookup of the parking lot db to get your drunk rear end back to the hausbus.

sorry i couldn't let this slide

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

JawnV6 posted:

tea leaves?

lol

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

are we still posting bikes

got it in munich, brought it to new york, fun to take on the central park loop, but not as pretty as the englischer garten

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

immersive theatre or wahtever sounds loving awful.

why do people do anything

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Stymie posted:

astronomical observations are a vastly fascinating novelty and i'm fine with publicly funding it but human space exploration/flight is pure folly

we will never escape the earth and even if we could we would only emerge into a universe devoid of and actively hostile to life

i don't know if you've noticed but the earth is actively hostile to life and always has been. earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, fires, and millions of species all trying to kill and eat each other

the only thing that's led us to our relative safety and prosperity is once, hundreds of thousands of years ago, one guy managed to control a fire long enough to cook something on it

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

hmm. i think it was the time a guy realized he could hit a rock with another rock and make a differently shaped rock.

*or she. what if all of the great inventions, fire, wheel, stone axe, etc. were all invented by women? surely some of em have to be

it's a good point. humans must have foraged before the spear but hunting large game must have helped, but controlled fire also means safety at night. so dunno

in either event: all the universe, including earth, hates us, that's not a good enough reason to ignore manned space travel

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Stymie posted:

i know it's an article of faith for science-worshipping atheists, but there is no life in the universe and attempting to explore it ourselves is the height of arrogance

all right guys, pack it in, you heard it here first, there's no life in the universe, so none of us exist

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Stymie posted:

don't be obtuse

no u

alternatively: yospos bitch

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

your definition of what constitutes life is a piece of poo poo

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

i love K&R's practice of programming but one of the examples that always stuck out to me as funny is their rationale for using named constants over magic numbers

it was, i think, the number of days in a year. and they explained, well, if you're running this code on a different planet, the number of days in a year will be different! so you should have a different constant. because that's definitely the only thing that needs to change there.

this is still baffling to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

Stymie posted:

i mean i like spaceships just like the next dorkator but the universe is not for us and to believe otherwise is definition of hubris

but but the golden path

• Locked thread