Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Elder Postsman posted:

this image is anti-worker

I love the "The PA you were rude to may be your Producer someday" line because they are doing everything they can to keep that from happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

bassguitarhero posted:

Surge pricing doesn't even do what it's supposed to do anyways. If there's a lot of demand, then the "incentive" to get more drivers out is the fact that if you're a driver, you're more likely to get a fare so more people will start driving anyway.

It does do what it's supposed to do, which is make more money for Uber.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fritz posted:

when i was doing my search for current job and people asked me why i left last one, i just said they did a pivot and i wasn't excited about the new direction which is technically true but not at all any of the reasons i left

still too negative

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
history's greatest monsters

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
new orleans owns, actually

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beast of Bourbon posted:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/12/31/uber-adds-safety-checklist-to-app-after-drivers-charged-with-sex-assault/
Uber Adds Safety Checklist To App After Drivers Charged With Sex Assault
December 31, 2014 8:44 PM

everything that uber should be responsible for being passed to someone else

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Dan Lyons writing for vallywag even worse than I thought it was going to be

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

i agree with almost everything in this article

of course, but it's still a piece of poo poo because there's just such a middlebrow "this is just a bump on the road to something great" assumption behind it.

quote:

I'm running the photo is to make an actual serious point, which is that nobody in this industry ever has any idea what is going to work.

god that's just smarmy as hell

and his second article is some poo poo about someone getting divorced? who cares what the gently caress

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
hell is blogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bloody posted:

i have never tipped an uber driver and never will

same, because I've never used uber