Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

infernal machines posted:

fan of the "hubris of man"

Quality re-reg name right there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

it's ok i am both a professional industrial designer and professor of the same with multiple degrees in the field and i say it's bad.

:goonsay: b-b-b-butt this is an appeal to authority fallacy. And, furthermore, touchscreen are superior because....

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Spatial posted:

yesterday i was talking to a hiring manager who i'm on good ol' boy terms with. they told me one of their 'secret' hiring rules: never hire anyone who says they play a musical instrument because they could be 'alternative' and would not accept corporate culture due to 'excessive leftism'.

Who the gently caress puts musical instruments on their CV unless they are applying for a job as a musician?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

The Guardian posted:

Sports Direct warehouse staff who say they are unhappy with their working conditions are being identified by their fingerprints and asked to explain their grievances to management, according to the trade union Unite.

The leisurewear company has introduced a staff survey system at its Shirebrook warehouse, Derbyshire, which was at the centre of allegations of “gulag” conditions last year after a Guardian investigation.

When the warehouse’s 3,500 workers clock in, they are asked to press a touchpad featuring a happy or sad face emoji to indicate whether they are satisfied with working conditions.

If they press sad, they are asked whether they are sure about their decision and, if they press it again, they can be called in by managers to discuss why they did so.

Staff can be identified because the touchpad uses fingerprint recognition technology to identify those who express discontent..

Unite said the staff survey system was “bogus” because workers were unlikely to be candid about their feelings if they could then be singled out for questioning.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/sep/01/sports-direct-warehouse-staff-sad-happy-emoji-fingerprint-survey-workplace

jfc :stonk:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

lol

Does anyone really believe that there are 2bil monthly Facebook users? This is out of a planet with 7 billion people on which 2.5 bil live on less than $2 per day. At someone point zucks investor fairy tale is going to surpass basic demographic data, which is a tech bubbel lol I am very much looking forward too.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

did anyone post about ol'musky giving away the dlc add on pack to his cars for free so he's not liable for people in Florida dying

https://electrek.co/2017/09/09/tesla-extends-range-vehicles-for-free-in-florida-escape-hurricane-irma/

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Rex-Goliath posted:

https://twitter.com/108/status/927636543199735808

I’m wondering when we’re going to start forcing these ‘media platforms’ to be accountable for this garbage

Rex-Goliath posted:

lol jk I know we won’t

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

pseudorandom name posted:

ok, fine, communism is achievable as soon as we can permanently bioengineer sociopathy, the cognitive biases, etc. out of the species

we can extend our lifespans out to 500 years, learn to speak Marain and put the Minds in charge of everything while we're at it

Anyone who calls themselves a 'realists' almost always turn out to be 'common sense', or worse an IR, dogmatist who bases their world view on 'muh sovereignty'. But in the end they always out themselves by trying to base their poo poo on a half-arsed, half-cocked version of actual philosophical realism of which, if they even made it that far, they have inevitably misunderstood in the most ridiculous way possible.

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

from each according to his latency, to each according to his k:d ratio

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Stymie posted:

gen x is definitely a product of a shifting media landscape and the emergence of the 24 hour news cycle that began the rightward shift of the political discourse, and millennials are the first generation to have access to the internet for most of their lives which has only accelerated the shift and now they're exposing their children to a fully mature internet that is almost entirely a tool to spread disinformation, erode public institutions and drastically amplify social atomization

this is more than pearl-clutching over elvis wiggling his hips

I'm really hoping stymie is wrong on this one as well :smith:

vodkat fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 7, 2017

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

thanks EU for saving me from suicide by zuck™

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

finally a goonproject I actually want to succeed

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Peachfart posted:

Oh, and just in case people didn't believe me about Lowtax:

Time to buy people a bunch of stupid av's then I guess

:getin:

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

I'm the aol website app on a printer

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

Bhodi posted:

https://twitter.com/mashable/status/938542080841809920

experience the joy of cubicles in your own home with these giant legos

lol if you think I have enough space to put up a cube in my hovel

also pagancow_yosmas_video(throw-up-a-goddam-light).gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

keep on scrolling through there and you'll find this person, who blocked me for saying my car was cheap

american_liberals.jpg

• Locked thread