Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

professor jeff jarviss is so hip he can't see over his pelvis

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/18/opinion/sunday/what-san-francisco-says-about-america.html?_r=2

Greater Bangkok, a sprawling metropolis with more than 10 million people, has 1,300 homeless people, a survey this year found.

San Francisco has less than one-tenth Bangkok’s population but six times as many homeless people.

cool, 1/10th of a point wrapped in 20 paragraphs of classic NYT fart huffing. author doesn't even OWN a tv.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

this is cool. this dude would be history's greatest monster in the US of A.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
parking? park up your rear end for all i care fucker

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

here's a fun game with sam altman: try to find evidence that he's ever done any actual concrete work in his entire life. there is zero evidence for it. it's not clear that he's ever worked a day in his life.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lancemantis posted:

lol he "co-founded" a company that is like something off silicon valley even worse than bighead would come up with and then somehow ended up with a leadership position at y combinator lol

is...is sam altman bighead?

because paul graham has a crush on him.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

peeper posted:

a+ product loving in that thread btw from the knights of the mold republic

[–]Neoncow 7 points 12 days ago
Normal situation:
Food gets damaged in transit. Employees unpacking the food notice and throws it away.
When food goes bad at the grocery store, an employee takes the food and throws it away.
If you find food gone bad in a grocery store, you bring it to the manager and they give you a free fresh one. Then they throw it away.
If you bring food home and find out it's gone bad, you bring it back, they give you a refund or replacement and then they throw it away.
Soylent:
Find bad food. Post to social media, alert the bloggers, contemplate the failure of Rosa Labs as a company.
Soylent sends a refund or replacement.
You throw the bottle away.

[–]autotomJoylent 8 points 13 days ago
I'd say by this stage we're probably still seeing the arrivals of the old lovely product just being slowly delivered everywhere.
I'd assume they've stopped sending bottles produced this way by now, probably even stopped a week or more ago.
assuming
permalinkembedparent

[–]PirateNinjaaSoylent -4 points 13 days ago
Frequency is all that matters, defects are expected when you make many thousands of something and ship direct with no middleman.

[–]SoylentconorSoylent 9 points 13 days ago*
Ultimately we will never have a 100% success rate. All food products will have something slip through the cracks. When you buy products from the store there is a second level of security because they can spot and discard damaged products while they put them on the shelves. We are working on additional bottle modifications to secure them more in transit.

[–]Logicofsantiago 26 points 13 days ago
That ones got spores and everything. Nice, that ones a collectable. Mold is like a golden ticket from the chocolate factory. Enjoy your free box

has anyone tried bringing up that boost and ensure ship probably 100x the volume as soylent with a tiny fraction of the diarrhea?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
it's fine to like things earnestly but emptily quoting poo poo ad nauseam is really dumb and aggravating

yospos bithc

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
did anyone mention that twitter is doin more layoffs?

http://fortune.com/2016/10/24/twitter-layoffs/

quote:

The social media company is said to be announcing a round of layoffs as soon as this week, according to a report on Monday evening from Bloomberg, citing anonymous sources. The layoffs will shrink Twitter’s workforce by about 8%, or 300 employees, according to the report, and may be announced before the company releases its quarterly earnings on Thursday morning, though the size and timing of the cuts may change.

lmao, how is twitter almost 4k people wtf do they do all day

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the irony of libertarian dipshits falling over themselves to live in a centrally planned commune... is good. really good.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
who is in the running to buy twitter now?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

a perfect fit really.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Shillary posted:

The problem with Twitter is they seem to care when their worst users when they say they'll go elsewhere if they change the service. gently caress 'em, drop the banhammer already

i'm p sure you can't get banned for anything on twitter except maybe impersonating someone and even that is dicey.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Optimus_Rhyme posted:

not gonna lie, on days when I'm super busy (or super lazy) and forgot (or was too lazy to make) my lunch / snacks I wish I could just down a drink super quick instead of leaving my tech job to go stand in line with all the saleforce "people" for like 40 minutes to get my drat handmade salade/sushirito/Gyro/Sandwhich

whey shake in milk is probably a perfectly fine lunch for most people occasionally. it is possible to also skip lunch and not die of starvation immediately.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

mike12345 posted:

don't these protein shakes give you the farts though?

better out than in friend

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

idk how easily the legal system would buy it and i'm dumb as rocks, but couldn't they do something like "set your driving price rate __defaultprice__ , (note: average is ___currentprice__, the closer you are to the average the faster you will see ride requests)" *(aka if you're 10 cents higher you will be last in line wink wink)

or something like that

i'm p sure the only way uber survives is if it charges far less than it actually costs to provide a ride.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

lol. nobody raised there hands at all building that functionality and said "hey maybe this isn't such a good idea? excluding people based on race? i dunno. something seems off"

of course not, because the company is like 80% white. but diversity for diversity's sake is bad.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

ate all the Oreos posted:

i mean subtle racism is kinda one of the cornerstones of the entire marketing industry so it's not just grognard engineers who have never seen an ethnic before driving it

i dunno i'm not a marketer but most marketing doesn't seem outright exclusionary? i don't know what goes on for marketers and i'm sure some of them are racist as gently caress but i don't think they sit around thinking "ok how can we make sure black people DON'T see this ad?" whereas facebook went to great effort to build exactly that functionality.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Luigi Thirty posted:

just in case anyone asks, white isn't an option for ethnic affiliation

loving white erasure

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i'm a big man and i need a biiiiiig keyboard

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

I really hate the present

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
hah gently caress zuckerberg what a coward poo poo pfft

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the liberals current plan is to send out a "household survey" about electoral reform. i'm hoping they don't go to referendum and i'm hoping they leave status quo off of that survey. it is a good opportunity to average morons like us yospossers to actually make a difference and educate your friends and family and poo poo.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
even if you don't think facebook had an impact in the election (which is completely and utterly insane) you'd think he have something to say about completely fake news stories from fake news sites gaming facebook and getting a billion shares. but it's just like twitter and harassers, if they get rid of it their engagement and user numbers take a nosedive

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
lol. the bahamas have a beautiful, unique sand that we don't fully understand. let's scoop it up and ship it by the barge-load to miami so we can have a temporary fake beach for rich people.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'll take my space lizard ads over American ones. American advertising is on its 5000th trip up its own rear end.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
this is extremely tech bobble

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3795365&perpage=40&pagenumber=330#post468457893

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

getting offended about an emoticon's namecode or w/e is so ridiculous that i thought you were joking at first

that's right up there w/ the deluge of reports that happened for people discussing transmissions in AI that sounded like it came straight outta fyad

shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
america already doesn't give a poo poo about motor vehicle deaths and injuries i don't know why people are so hung up on what happens when you remove the driver from the equation. it's even easier to not prosecute or charge nobody when a car kills a family of 4

• Locked thread