Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

fritz posted:

to me 'symbolic processing' means stuff like computer algebra, what kind of things are you thinking of?

it used emoji instead of characters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
if you own the property and can't find a tenant at your sky high rent prices, you can write off 100% of the rent as a loss.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
it encourages the wealthy to buy valuable real estate and leave it vacant, managing it with occupation is too much work and also exposes them to liability, so it's better to have it vacant as a tax write off.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i live in LA which is constantly ranked as the most walkable city in America, as well as the best.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
the austin chamber of commerce says austin is open for business!

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what stops them from going “it’s $1 to $1,000,000 depending on experience”

?

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
ok. so what's to stop them from going "the position pays from minimum wage to $1,000,000 depending on experience"

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://shopswell-com-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/assets/8363f428-0f8a-4b16-9fbb-53b0aea74236/schwans.jpg

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
just lol that ripping out all of LA's freeways forcing everyone to take surface streets would fix the traffic problems in LA, just lol

https://i.imgur.com/vWX1jOj.jpg

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
ah yes europe, the bastion of the world, where tens of thousands of people die when the temp goes over 20 celsius and the national sport is throwing bananas at black people

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i have both american and french citizenship so i can poo poo on whomever i drat well please with impunity.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

trhe terrorists must super-hate you

je suis maga

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
cops are out there murdering people to get their blood chits

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
mine just has the time and it doesn't even have numbers on it. once you get past 3rd or 4th grade you can tell time without the need for a multi-thousand dollar watch + phone + laptop setup

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
i'm going to be honest here guys, we've had some tedious conversations in this thread before, but i really really think this one takes the cake.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
back when we laughably entertained buying a house in SF, one of the only places to buy in our price range was hunters point, but they have a special double property tax assessment going on there, that they loving bury and don't mention.

not to mention that it's like 30 minutes to the nearest shop from the development.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
as the guy who, without a doubt here, deals the most with china shipping, the gov't has got to pay for it all.

I get 2 day air freight on all kinds of poo poo for totally free from my factories. like 10,000 nickel enamel pins. it weighs like half a ton and they ship from inland china and arrive in 2 days.

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

at that point the guy was like $50 million post-ipo so lol at the couch, but it was definitely cuz of basically no reason

he lived in one of peter thiel's mansions, not exactly slumming it

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug

jre posted:

what does withholding refer to ?

your company takes taxes out of your paycheck for you and pays them for you. you tell them how much to take out when you fill out a W4 form when you start a job. You pick the number of exemptions and if you pick 0, you get taxed more heavily, if you pick like i dunno, 4 or something you get little taxes taken out and usually have a big fat bill at tax time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
maybe something close to a 100% property tax rate on rental properties that are SFHs?

• Locked thread