Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

ultramiraculous posted:

this will end well i'm sure

are the chefs sourced uber style? only way this makes sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
has anyone said uber kill yet

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
my aunt is transgender and not passing and never will pass except when she's in a fursuit so that's why i think she's a furry and also why im now ok with furries

also for real it's a dumb place to draw the line of being tolerant towards things

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 22, 2016

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

As a Millennial I posted:

grown men sleep with their guns but you don't see people trying to ban the gun show from the convention center.

Adam and Eve, not Adam and Sten

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 22, 2016

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
has anyone said walter troncite yet

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
tronc'd again

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
e: did not mean to post this during meta

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 16, 2016

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i have never been outside of an airport in texas and i plan to keep it that way

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I lost my virginity on 9/11

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i'm the raquos

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
almost out

i am sooooo done with this place

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

uncurable mlady posted:

huh

waaaay back when I worked for verizon, there were usually retail channel campaigns to id people like this and call them and try to get them to switch to a better plan. I wonder if they stopped doing that?

why would you do that?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
was this dumb juicer posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lutHF5HhVA

e: yes, yes it was

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

ate all the Oreos posted:

my college had a "department of packaging science" where you could get a degree in "packaging science." like a 4 year degree in making ridiculous stupid boxes like that one basically. i remember we had some open-house-like thing where each college brought out whatever they were working on and the college of packaging science had a box that they built a lovely thin LCD screen into

so you can... i don't know, have commercials playing on your ludicrously expensive box until the battery runs out?

a shipping box with an lcd screen is indeed pretty dumb but this post is very, well,

quote:

yeah why not just get a top 50 b.s. cs so you can apply your superior problem solving skills to this 800 billion dollar industry

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i was under the impression that "cardboard box" was a solved problem or at least something you could do if you got a degree in another more generally applicable physical engineering field but okay guys i guess i'm wrong and the $40k per year private school tuition is worth it to design the next generation of cardboard box technology

quote:

Packaging engineering, also package engineering, packaging technology and packaging science, is a broad topic ranging from design conceptualization to product placement. All steps along the manufacturing process, and more, must be taken into account in the design of the package for any given product. Package engineering includes industry-specific aspects of industrial engineering, marketing, materials science, industrial design and logistics. Packaging engineers must interact with research and development, manufacturing, marketing, graphic design, regulatory, purchasing, planning and so on. The package must sell and protect the product, while maintaining an efficient, cost-effective process cycle.[2]

Engineers develop packages from a wide variety of rigid and flexible materials. Some materials have scores or creases to allow controlled folding into package shapes (sometimes resembling origami[3]). Packaging involves extrusion, thermoforming, molding and other processing technologies. Packages are often developed for high speed fabrication, filling, processing, and shipment. Packaging engineers use principles of structural analysis and thermal analysis in their evaluations.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

i'm not arguing that packaging isn't important

i was under the impression that "cardboard box" was a solved problem

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

cardboard box is in fact a solved problem and the second half of that statement that you cut off is what i've been arguing yes

no it's not, you moved the goalposts when you got called out

quote:

my college had a "department of packaging science" where you could get a degree in "packaging science." like a 4 year degree in making ridiculous stupid boxes

that was your starting point.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Shifty Pony posted:

juice people can be astonishingly far up their own asses.

Exhibit A

here's the first paragraph:
"I usually wake up at 6:30am, and start with some Kundalini meditation and a 23-minute breath set—along with a copper cup of silver needle and calendula tea—before my son Rohan wakes."

i'm the pre-yoga dinner, not the post-dinner yoga

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

this guy sucks but i dont really have any sympathy for someone who impulse buys a 2,000 dollar dog that they have to loving finance
like i have exactly 0 sympathy, tbh

i do have sympathy for the animals, who now have terrible owners

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
that looks horrifying

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm the first person decapitated by that thing

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

lancemantis posted:

The google boys have backed a new flying car

more like..the wrong brothers

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

lmbo

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
has anyone reviewed the actual juice?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

:angel:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

my mom's old cat died and its ashes were returned to us in the exact same wooden box (sans plaque because lol it's a cat), is there like a single company that does all the cat crematin' for the entire country or something

same but my pet rats which i kept in the freezer as they died and then had cremated in bulk

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

cinci zoo sniper posted:

?????????????????

Moist von Lipwig posted:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i loved those loving rats

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

incredible

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

exploded mummy posted:

update on bathroom grover

everyone should really go read this thread. it's fantastic.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm fully erect for malldeath

i'm only half erect because as much as i loathe malls, i do worry about all those jobs. as lovely as all those jobs are, we don't have an alternative for those people. no safety net, education is less accessible than ever before, like what are they gonna do?

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Pinterest Mom posted:

jive, acquired by aurea

lol, the people who make mojo?

mojo is so bad.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

hifi posted:

i skipped stranger things because i don't think im in their targeted nostalgia age range

no this is a bad reason not to watch it. it certainly took stylistic cues from the 80s but it was very good all on its own. it was absolutely not relying on "the 80s!!!" to be enjoyed, although it certainly did help make it popular with idiots.

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

at first i was flabbergasted at the suggestion of sheryl zuckerberg as a relevant or useful person, but i googled it and found out:

1) Sheryl zuckerberg is not Randi Zuckberberg, nor is she related to Mark Zuckerberg
2) Randi Zuckerberg is the terrible one

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

FamDav posted:

nor is her last name zuckerberg

wow i googled "sheryl zuckerberg" and it took me to the "sheryl sandberg" wikipedia page and I skimmed through it without realizing that it said sandberg

also read that post and thought it said zuckerberg

tl;dr i'm an idiot

DONT THREAD ON ME fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 7, 2017

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

exploded mummy posted:

in the defense of tampa bay, like the lightning is bad there

like seriously bad

wow a thing in florida is bad, i am shocked

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

yes i'm sure my wife that i've been with for almost a decade now is just lying to me because she's afraid i'll snap and lynch her or something

i think the takeaway is that it's just kinda depressing that your wife is resigned to it at this point

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i'm looking forward to self driving cars going on the market and constantly joking about whether their car is an automatic, or an automatic hahaha

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Rex-Goliath posted:

i'm guessing this thread is going to slowly morph into the zuckerberg campaign lol factory
https://twitter.com/AmirAminiMD/sta...genumber%3D2999

lol

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

lancemantis posted:

nextdoor really opened my eyes to how paranoid and racist white suburbanites really are

like I had always dealt with listening to empty complaints about "that part of town" and kind of a general "black/brown -> criminal" belief. then i discovered that tons of these people are strongly afraid and suspicious of every nonwhite person they encounter, afraid everywhere they go that isn't inside their house, to them every place is crawling with nonwhite criminals that want to beat and rob them

they report every nonwhite person they see in their neighborhoods, everyone is scamming them, need cameras everywhere, etc

i grew up in the whitest of suburbs and to this day my sphincter still clenches up if i see a black person walking towards me at night.

my parents are pretty darn liberal too. if i'd grown up with really awful parents i'd be outright terrified of minorities.

the suburbs need to be erased from existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

fishmech posted:

nothing of note?

:popcorn:

• Locked thread