Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Nintendo Kid posted:

airbnb is advertising that it has cuban houses available.

aint that kinda illegal for them, to be doing business in cuba.

it's airbnb, what do they care about the law for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

born on a buy you posted:

lubbock is a small town in the middle of nowhere that's only real attractions of ttu and a groundhog habitat. them being sparse and empty makes sense

i went to ttu and: 100% confirm.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

one of hte places we looked at buying had a hoa and i was told their only function was to collect dues to plow the private road every snowfall and get it resurfaced periodically, which is probably a pretty good setup (we didnt buy it b/c it was kind of blah and it was one of those houses where the living room is double high so you have all that wasted space indoors )

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

i am slowly getting the wife in to cooking, i just showed her smythe's 8 minutes artichoke heart thing and she's freaking out about it.

someone post smythe's artichoke heart thing

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

i gotta confess, i just buy the jarred marinated artichoke hearts

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

mother gently caress atherton

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

flying out of houston is its own reward

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

prefect posted:

the only thing i remember about that movie is that it felt very short

would you say it was a quick change

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

they apparently use the same bands as police radar detectors
http://spectator.org/articles/57295/waterloo-radar-detector

Finally, someone with an underdeveloped slave mentality.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

it is my god given right to weave in and out of traffic going 95 on i-4 in a 2 ton metal box

if I cover my license plate in gold fringe can the cops still write me tickets

no but the coast guard can

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

EVGA Longoria posted:

lol if you think going fast is the cause of accidents and not distracted drivers

just lol

slow down, leadfoot

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Necc0 posted:

ever wonder to yourself 'how the gently caress did anyone 'like' tide let alone 4 million'

i see people on my friends list that i have reason to believe are real people liking brands semi-regularly

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

pointers posted:

I am also suspicious of people with depression

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=12052006

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Solkanar512 posted:

The Fed is looking hard at the lack of wage growth.

and what, laughing?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Stringent posted:

i'm guessing it's going to pop somewhere in the last half of our next (republican) president's second term.

seven more years feels like a long time, so stack that paper while you can

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Parallel Paraplegic posted:

Democrat Dynasty continuing at least until the Republican party becomes less horribly fractured and learns how to talk to brown people and women without making an rear end of itself (so never)

you don't have to appeal to women and minorities as long as you can suppress and marginalize their votes

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Shaggar posted:

lol @ Chinese food haters.

i finally found an asian grocery in portland with tteok on my 3rd try

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

fart simpson posted:

the thing i like about spotify is that it's making recorded music into an unprofitable thing for all parties

as in instead of just the artists?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

all you need is the right lever

the one attached to the guillotine?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

syscall girl posted:

thank you larry "wouldn't it be great if leaves were black as though they had been intelligently designed" niven for that brain dropping and the people who will inevitably make this happen

gently caress that dude, imo

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

he was. he's been moderating his position, even to the point of denying previous praise for ayn rand.

deny her three times before the stock splits

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

you have a problem with autobus-americans?

tori stepping on shaggar's act

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Munkeymon posted:

loving Zynga employs 2000+ people?

:what:

the people who volunteered with the rescue agency and fostered the dog we adopted worked @ zynga and i hope they land on their feet, they were good people and took good care of the little critter

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Beast of Bourbon posted:

my butt is currently in an aeron with a microsoft property tag on it

why you got a microsoft property tag ponst your butt

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Maximum Leader posted:

jfc you weren't kidding, its actually running on python

it apparently used to run on lisp

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

ANAmal.net posted:

amtrak owns if you live in the northeast corridor, where the fights too short to be worth dealing with the airport and the traffic sucks rear end

when we moved to maine i figured i could take amtrak down to civilization for professional stuff but turns out the lines north of boston and south of boston aren't connected so you gotta hoof it between stations or call a cab

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Subjunctive posted:

pretty sure only poor single parents are bad

not according to dan quayle

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

isnt maureen down the one who ate the huge weed brownie

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

When I worked in the communications industry I stayed at motels from Boston to Fort Worth, and a Meth Check was always necessary at every motel.

whats a meth check

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Citizen Tayne posted:

the amount of drugs left in motel rooms under the mattresses or in the bathrooms or wherever is mind blowing.

how often do you find something and why do you bother?

(we'll look under the bed if we're travelling with the dog to make sure that nobody left a candy bar or something)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

have you considered using fire?

there's a drought on

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Smythe posted:

how do u get to the beach. also how do u bring ur surf board to the beach in a google car. this is bullshit

rising oceans means the beach will come to you

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

born on a buy you posted:

a dude has to google what fireflies were

???

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Sniep posted:

well hey if you're an underachiever that's probably pretty good money if you consistently show up on time and sober

showing up on time and sober is a good way to not be an underachiever

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

qirex posted:

if you live in or visit san francisco the good bookstores to go to are green apple books, booksmith and borderlands [plus isotope and comix experience if you like picture books like a child]

city lights?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

the talent deficit posted:

i just think it's hilarious tacoma is gonna be the new hipster mecca

the new aroma of tacoma will be skunky kombucha, everybody will miss the paper mills

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

weren't we all supposed to be dead from a methane cookoff in the ocean by now anyway

you thought the other kind of meth cooking was bad

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Smythe posted:

famers market honey sticks ftw and also licorice sometimes? i think? and freakin juice. WOW!! now we're tlaking

and also i know my neighbors in apartmentville in the p[overty flats and also my folks know all their neighbors and are all bffs so......

the market we go to there's a dude there sometimes selling pretzels that are just the best god drat things you can imagine, all lye-boiled and chewy and salty and god drat

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

eschaton posted:

prefer Die Nieuw Amsterdameren

Die Tekkij Skeum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Hasters posted:

loving idiot Greg Muender had a bad week. This chucklefuck rented his car out through a "sharing" service and the renter left it on the side of the road, tank empty, tires worn smooth, and full of sand.

the first few times this got quoted i kept wondering how they got sand in the tires

• Locked thread