Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

prefect posted:

initially read that as "soldier balls"

naw, i dont think he's ever been in gitmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

back in the day questions like "how much is a gallon of milk" were common at political debates

one of my big political/media awakenings was actually spurred by Mad Magazine as a kid, who had a comic of Bob Hope in a limo with a caption to the effect of: "Advertises motor oil! Hasn't driven a car or worked on one in 40 years"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Today's radiation pollution is just tomorrow's "oh god, we can get so much free energy from this, why were we throwing this away"

Not saying it's justified to poo poo U-235 tailings all over playgrounds, but nuclear trash has the unique property of still having a shitload of energy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

the founder of greenpeace left the organization when the newer members voted to ban chlorine. not in some specific use, but in general, on the surface of the earth

wanna follow him to what ever saner organization he's running now

what a bunch of stinkos

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the tidal stuff seems really cool
ignoring environmental impact, the notion of just getting free juice from 100 square km of water rising and falling is p neat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Elder Postsman posted:

carly "the market valued me at negative ten billion dollars" fiorina

"well yeah but it's a signed 32 bit int so we're actually worth positive 1.4 billion once you do the math"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

survived the nazi occupation of ukraine. then this big loving power plant near her cottage blew up. she still lives there.

72 year old woman that is not afraid of radiation because "it does not bite!"

86 years old and sneaks through a hole in a fence to get the good mushrooms. ducks into a bush when the cops patrol by.

this is the most russian woman in the world. when the power plant blew up, she tried to hide herself and her cow in the basement but got evacuated. she came back.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/environment/9646437/The-women-living-in-Chernobyls-toxic-wasteland.html

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it's amazing to me that nuke plants just end up boiling water in order to produce electricity like some kinda steampunk bullshit made of brass and virginity

i think some of them gently caress around with sodium and stuff, but yeah. specifically pressurized water reactors freak me out

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

Those rotors certainly aren't old.

or unbalanced

I read about some technique for building turbine blades where they basically start with a little crystal of metal and grow the entire blade via some type of deposition so it's as close to perfect as we can get

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

no dont

:(

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
esatan hated the poo poo out of his time there and we missed him real bad

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Necc0 posted:

you'd think their funding wouldn't be so paltry if this were true

who would you let into your african nation: a "peace corps" that is stealing toilet paper and washing paper plates, or a "peace corps" that has shitloads of cash and is evidently being funded by somebody big

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bloody posted:

A minimum of half a billion toilets is a Lotta dang toilets

i'm super impressed with our recirculating toilet and imagine that it can save probably 90% of flushin water over a regular shitter.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

doesn't denver airport use pneumatic tubes to move luggage [and it didn't work right for like a year]?

it had a lot of problems out of the gate (:haw:), yeah but it is a pleasant airport now that runs well and does not have major problems.

well, as long as you don't consider an underground compound full of lizard people a problem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

super smart and funny post here guys !!!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FamDav posted:

bumpkin stymie

o_O

oh it's on now

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

roboticized fast food places are gonna be weird

its laughable how anybody pretends that a single human being needs to work at a mcdonald's

that is a place that is absolutely begging for 100% automation

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

Automats already existed and died

werent they mainly in the cities tho? gotta shovel that poo poo out to the burbs. put them in The Wastelands

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Shaggar posted:

humans are way way cheaper than what it would take to automate a mcdonalds.

On the face yeah, but these places are plagued with scheduling issues and people constantly call in b/c they're working 3 jobs with no car and can't make it. they spend stupid amounts on 'going over payroll' and paying harangued managers to stay till 2am working out the schedule, or it's their rear end

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

qirex posted:

the sf board of supervisors tried to pass a thing saying that shift-work businesses would be required to post work schedules 2 weeks in advance and the chamber of commerce freaked the gently caress out it was kind of funny

mrs' boss is up till midnight chewing on his nails over the schedule the day before every time

then he gets mad when people are all "hey umm i told you i need X day off" cause there's no re-scheduling room

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

don't forget consistency

these places make their brand based around consistent product and consisten turnaround times regardless of time of day or location

that's huge

it will eventually happen

24/7 breakfast items might tip McD's over the edge

I know they do egg mcmuffins and poo poo after midnight but from my casual polling, people are pretty "meh, it's there" about mcd's lunch/dinner items but a lot of people have more of a tooth for the breakfast stuff

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
merry christmas fishmech, you're awesome and yospos wouldnt be the same without you

ccs: i talked mrs into shots. she does not normally drink hardly at all. this owns haha

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

eschaton posted:

this can only end well

*eyebrows literally pop off from waggling*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Rexicon1 posted:

i often think that if all regulations were lifted and it was a true laissez faire market, the average life expectancy would be around 50 except for the JOBCREATORS who would live for thousands of years like the skeksis

can u imagine a 260 year old donald trump haha

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Citizen Tayne posted:

it owns that donald trump has been a massive failure his entire life but is still rich

like he's seriously the D+ student of all the billionaires. still loving loaded

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah once housing/utilities/transportation cease to be a thing you Worry about your life changes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i heard venice was p much a dump

sweden sounds dope

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

vapid cutlery posted:

our office vending machine is free

we just have a kitchen and they have huge deliveries from the liquor store + grocer's once a week

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

vapid cutlery posted:

seems weird to keep an office stocked with liquor unless it's a job that you can do drunk like doctor or lawyer.

its just beer and wine. everybody has 1-2 a day. tbqh its a very drinky place but ive not seen anything get out of hand ever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

I mean, did he think this company was just letting him have free web hosting and instant messaging? OF course they're going to reduce you to stats. this is why i left fb, i had more "I don't want this mined" stuff than "I don't care if this is mined" stuff. i know it's got an extra twist the knife thing due to his child, but i don't really think this is worth impassioned Blog Posts. Just shut down your FB.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

As a Millennial I posted:

lol, I wasn't going to go through the comments but I'm glad somebody did

no, thats me. what are we supposed to do here? recoil in horror? i mean its a loving computer you cant get mad at it for being Rude

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i too make sure to interject everybody's weight involved into all my stories as a class dogwhistle

sounds like she's gettin hers, good job lady

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bassguitarhero posted:

I would have probably coded in something that checks the names/users and posts associated with them for keywords like "cancer" or "death" or "hosed my best friend" and then have it leave that person out of the video

what if their year consisted of celebrating the fact that death almost hosed their best friend, but they successfully beat the cancer

see you'd have to manually screen it and fb doesnt want to invest that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

this terminology implies that those who die of cancer were weak and deserved it

yeah there's actually a big backlash against this and my moms in law is very careful to not put on that weird remission Survivor armor

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my parents didnt give a single gently caress what i did, i was three signatures away from signing for nuke school and had to yank on my own leash

lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

probably woulda been for the best if you'd done it tho

im nowhere near mentally stable enough to put up with that stint in the sub

aint happen

plus i'd be a republican shithead, 110% guaranteed

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
every single loser i knew in high school grew up and told me that they were totally going to fly helicopters but turns out they were colorblind or something so they couldn't Defend Our Nation :(

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah but we didnt luck out cause they ended up not dying and having 4 redneck kids apiece

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nintendo Kid posted:

tbh navy seems like the least possible danger

yeah navy seems p solid. industrial accidents if anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

hobbesmaster posted:

the navy decided that ocean colored camouflage was a good idea for work clothing at sea

hey at least they lay their cards on the table

• Locked thread