Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Red posted:

Just ditched the base. I think his previous rounds against other people took less than 30 minutes each, so he wanted to be a bit more sporting.

Fair enough. Arguably it might be harder without the base since he just shuts down everything with the original TOS guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Saturday is 300 Modern. I don't know what the prize is and I don't assume it's anything earth-shattering, so I'm not terribly worried about it. Of these things I've not yet gotten the chance to use, should I run:

A) Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends at 300
B) Trinity of Sin at 300
C) GOTGM #008 Ronan at 275 and a Kree Private
d) four Longshots

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

ManiacClown posted:

Saturday is 300 Modern. I don't know what the prize is and I don't assume it's anything earth-shattering, so I'm not terribly worried about it. Of these things I've not yet gotten the chance to use, should I run:

A) Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends at 300
B) Trinity of Sin at 300
C) GOTGM #008 Ronan at 275 and a Kree Private
d) four Longshots

I have to vote for Longshot and his Amazing Friends Clones.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm looking to make a 500 point New Years team revolving around people with calendar themes. So far I've got Calendar Man, BM66 Joker (Zodiac Deathtrap), Scorpio, Holiday Killer, Jenny Sparks & Quantum (looser than the others but still kind of fits). Anything else you all can think of?

The Justice League OP figures have been spoiled: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=526672&page=4

Wonder Girl is another solid iteration of her, more of a heavy hitter. I honestly could have done without the first click and shaved some points off her, those special powers sound fun but I'm loathe to push off a top click that good.

Black Canary is a very nice Pulse Wave/Force Blast piece, but most importantly is the first one since Justice League to have the JSA keyword :dance:

Wonder Woman is...:stare: Somebody has a tremendous boner for Wonder Woman as she hasn't had a bad dial since JL52, but this one is nuts. Superman TA so you can't hide from her Outwit, trusted Strength so her minimum 3 damage the entire dial can easily become a 6, incredible damage dealing regardless of objects, Mystics, and a stop click with an immediate single use healing that means your opponent will need to eat three Mystics damage minimum to KO her. Yowza.

Volfogg posted:

I have to vote for Longshot and his Amazing Friends Clones.

Second. This team sounds funny as hell.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

I'm looking to make a 500 point New Years team revolving around people with calendar themes. So far I've got Calendar Man, BM66 Joker (Zodiac Deathtrap), Scorpio, Holiday Killer, Jenny Sparks & Quantum (looser than the others but still kind of fits). Anything else you all can think of?

I really think it's time for a Clock King dial. :colbert:

Red fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 19, 2014

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Holiday Elf and Krampus, if you have them.

Solomon Grundy (born on a Monday!)

Could stretch to make Thor (Thursday) and Odin (Wednesday) work.

Somewhere In Time from Iron Maiden, maybe?

I am pretty sure that one of the Dr. Manhattens has a standard power named for the date of his accident, but that is really reaching.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Torrent posted:

I am pretty sure that one of the Dr. Manhattens has a standard power named for the date of his accident, but that is really reaching.

It's the horrendously-powerful colossal, and it's the name of one of his entire dials.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I ran the Longshots tonight. They did better than I thought. The first game was against The Question, SoG Starfire, and a Parallax-Possessd Banshee with the Sinestro Corps Battery/Ring/Constructs. We both forgot about Emotional Spectrum: Fear, so I won easily. It was slow because of Banshee grabbing reducers from Parallax, but I got him all the same. The closest I came to losing anyone was a pushed Longshot getting hit for 4. He then used Regeneration, rolled a 3, and another one probbed it to a 6. Second round was against Sister Sercy, Splitlip, and Deadpool/Bob w/It's Hammer Time and the Utility Belt. I predictably got my rear end handed to me in a complete blank. Third round was 100-point DC10th Lex Luthor and 200-point BM#001 Batman. I had to get in close because of Batman Ally but I eventually whittled them down, with Lex pushing for a Pulse Wave, missing with a 3, and KOing himself in the process. After that it was "punch batman and prob it until I hit." Team Longshot wasn't serious, but it was fun and funny.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Today was our holiday game, 500 points, must be based on a winter holiday, you get a themed team regardless of keywords for it. I made a Christmas tree:

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So the Sunday after Christmas I have a 2014 point game. You have to pick someone with the Cosmic Keyword and build your team around one of their keywords.

I have 2 ideas.

Team 1. Zombies

Zombie Galactus (Cosmic/Monster)
Zombie Team Base
Dr. Doom
Kingpin
Electro
Doc Ock
Venom

Team 2 Apokolips

Superman (Superman Set Chase. Cosmic/Apokalips)
SLOSH Darkseid @ 350
Granny Goodness
Lashina
SLOSH Kalibak
21 Parademon Grunts
7 Parademon Drill Seargents

I have no idea if I even own that many Grunts, but I might.

Thoughts? Also if you were going what would you play?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Thoughts? Also if you were going what would you play?

That sounds like the perfect game to use Zombie Galactus - the penalty for him giving his attackers the power cosmic shouldn't burn you as badly in this scenario.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

WoL Lantern Pack

All the lanterns except green/white/black in a pack from BBTS, for $69.99. I personally would just like a blue/yellow pack for $25, but this is better than nothing.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Red posted:

WoL Lantern Pack

All the lanterns except green/white/black in a pack from BBTS, for $69.99. I personally would just like a blue/yellow pack for $25, but this is better than nothing.

Jeez, this had to happen over the holidays...might can get in on it by week's end if I can get two other guys to chip in. Thanks for the heads up.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

It figures they'd do that. If they had to make more constructs and at the same time shorted stores on Battery packs, they'd just turn around and do this. They're REALLY giving stores the shaft lately.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
A listing on a single page, with a product number that appears exactly nowhere else on the entire web, and no actual product in hand all sorta say "wishful thinking" to me. By all means pre-order, but don't get your hopes up too high.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

CapnAndy posted:

A listing on a single page, with a product number that appears exactly nowhere else on the entire web, and no actual product in hand all sorta say "wishful thinking" to me. By all means pre-order, but don't get your hopes up too high.

I've taken the plunge on this, will let thread know down the road if/when it ships in case anyone is interested. If they rescind the preorder, no harm no foul. I'm assuming BBTS is reputable, never done business with them before.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Fun Little Xmas theme tournament I wouldn't mind some suggestions for:

We're playing a 600 point golden even this sunday, and the theme has to be that one of your characters has to hand out powers.

I was thinking 600 points of avengers with Sharon Carter handing out stealth; but that seems boring. Any ideas?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Play Odin and spend every match yelling about Yule and co-opting of pagan holidays.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

NutShellBill posted:

Fun Little Xmas theme tournament I wouldn't mind some suggestions for:

We're playing a 600 point golden even this sunday, and the theme has to be that one of your characters has to hand out powers.

I was thinking 600 points of avengers with Sharon Carter handing out stealth; but that seems boring. Any ideas?

An Avengers team utilizing that theme should think about using AvX Black Panther.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

That sounds like the perfect game to use Zombie Galactus - the penalty for him giving his attackers the power cosmic shouldn't burn you as badly in this scenario.

Because I am lazy and the zombies were mostly already put I went with the Zombies.

I may have severely annoyed everyone at the venue as I really like the zombies and others feel strongly the other way.

Went 3-0. Galactus ended up top dial murdering fuckers all three games since targets kept coming to him.

Highlight of the day was against a mystical team in round 2. Zombie Skrull chooses RS/Pulse/Invincible/Prob.

Does a RS into the middle of the pack and hits everyone. He has 3 probs in range and makes me Prob it. I roll in order 8,10, Crit. 2 to 3 damage to a bunch of his main attackers and max food for Skrull. It was amazing

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I've seen something about the Rock of Eternity and Pandora's Box being case-incentive resources. How does that work so I can approach my venue owner about getting them? He likely doesn't know himself.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

ManiacClown posted:

I've seen something about the Rock of Eternity and Pandora's Box being case-incentive resources. How does that work so I can approach my venue owner about getting them? He likely doesn't know himself.

I had thought that one of them would be a case incentive, and the other would be part of the OP kit. But, since the case incentive costs $20, and the OP costs $6, that doesn't quite jive. A bit of looking around indicates that, yeah, both the Rock and the Box are in the incentive pack.

Your venue owner should be able to order as many of those as he does cases. The SKU is WZK 71565, and it'll cost him $19.99. The suggested distribution method is to sell/give them to people who buy cases, but your owner can do whatever he wants with them at that point.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

So this weekend's a special event at my shop: Colossal Rumble. 1800 points, minimum 1 Colossal and 1 Non-Colossal character per team (No Pacific Rim clix or Starro allowed). This is pretty much the one time I'm going to be able to break out Fin Fang Foom, He Whose Limbs Shatter Mountains and Whose Back Scrapes the Sun, so he's my centerpiece, giving me a full 600 points of support crew. I'm considering the following

FFF:HWLSMaWBStS - 1200
Uatu the Watcher - 50
The Unspoken - 236
-Utility Belt - 7
--Handcuffs - 1
--Radar Monitor - 1
--Smoke Pellets - 1
Mole Man - 47
Trinity of Sin (Normal figures) - 185
AIM Agent - 38
AIM Renegade - 34
---

Lord Foom does the heavy lifting, the Burger King piggybacks with Uatu and does his shenanigans with locking down the opponent's colossal, the Trinity provide multipurpose support and secondary blasting, and the Beekeeper Duo bring their support suite and HYDRA team ability to either further enhance Foom's nuking cabality (Always perplexing down the opponent, of course. Can't raise FFF's combat values) or to boost the Trinity's efficiency.

Mole Man stands behind Fin Fang Foom with a sharp stick doing his usual trick, which after combing through the Realms and the Wizkids Rules Forums I am now about 85% certain works the way I want it to for potential maximum dragon damage.

Thoughts/Criticisms/Suggestions welcome.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Archenteron posted:

Trinity of Sin (Normal figures) - 185

Did you factor in the costs of the characters themselves? Remember the team base costs whatever's printed plus the number of team members you include on it. As such, a full ToS costs 15 points beyond what's printed on its base, so here it would be 200. If you didn't factor that in you're going to have to cut something.

Hey, there's actually a Trinity War preview up! Furthermore, holy poo poo, that Superman! He'll pummel you into next week and just keep coming! Also, as suspected/assumed, the CSA team ability is indeed finally back in use, so my tacklebox will indeed have to accommodate the new figures. I just may like this new set despite its New 52 bullshit.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Dec 31, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

ManiacClown posted:

Did you factor in the costs of the characters themselves? Remember the team base costs whatever's printed plus the number of team members you include on it. As such, a full ToS costs 15 points beyond what's printed on its base, so here it would be 200. If you didn't factor that in you're going to have to cut something.

:downs:

I figured since that base is exactly three figures that it had the cost factored in on the realms teambuilder.

Now I could definitely use some advice: Fin Fang Foom, Mole Man, and Uatu+Unspoken (+Belt if the points are there), meaning I have 257-267 points to fill with support/secondary blasting. I don't really want to use Phoenixbuster.

Archenteron fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jan 1, 2015

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
So are generics something worth trading off? I've got at least one of every generic in the GotG set, with a handful of doubles and the Captain Marvel and Chitauri Warleader alternates, and I could care less about any of them. I don't have access to a local trade scene until May when I go home from school, so if they are worth trading away what's the best way I can do so, a thread on HCRealms or what? I'm honestly looking for pretty much anything Marvel, caring more about character recognition than rarity/usefulness, since I only started collecting at Deadpool and barely got any of that, so I wouldn't be horribly picky with what I give them away for either.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Archenteron posted:

:downs:

I figured since that base is exactly three figures that it had the cost factored in on the realms teambuilder.
I don't know why they haven't built something in to be able to add "Team Member | 5" to your team when using team bases. Then you have to mentally account for the points. I guess it's because it's not like Typhon has any competition or anything.

quote:

Now I could definitely use some advice: Fin Fang Foom, Mole Man, and Uatu+Unspoken (+Belt if the points are there), meaning I have 257-267 points to fill with support/secondary blasting. I don't really want to use Phoenixbuster.
Consider a character who deals penetrating damage without using either P/PB or EW. Karnak does but he's got a low Damage. Starfire does at range (by using Energy Explosion, not even needing to create the AoE) and DC75 Deadshot does conditionally. Throw in Weasel for your fire support and maybe other cheap Enhancers. If you've got him, Major Glenn Talbot is dynamite fire support. Starfire may also be good to Outsider Fin Fang Foom to prevent the Damage Depletion Modifier for when he uses Multiattack and when he's under Mind Control. If not Starfire, use another Outsider. In fact, as I type this, I'd probably do this before more shooting because every attack FFF makes will modify his Damage value by -1 due to the DDM— old-school colossals aren't exempt. Mind Control doesn't reset the DDM, so if you're going to Mole Man Mind Control -> Multiattack, he's looking at a 3 Damage on his fourth attack.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

EGSunBro posted:

So are generics something worth trading off? I've got at least one of every generic in the GotG set, with a handful of doubles and the Captain Marvel and Chitauri Warleader alternates, and I could care less about any of them. I don't have access to a local trade scene until May when I go home from school, so if they are worth trading away what's the best way I can do so, a thread on HCRealms or what? I'm honestly looking for pretty much anything Marvel, caring more about character recognition than rarity/usefulness, since I only started collecting at Deadpool and barely got any of that, so I wouldn't be horribly picky with what I give them away for either.

It depends. There are people like me that go crazy for them and also players that couldn't give a poo poo. Really depends on the local scene. The only generic really worth anything is the Generic Skrull Zombie.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

ManiacClown posted:

Outsider [...] DDM

Oh my god I forgot about the DDM.

And Outsiders :kheldragar: Thanks!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I'm playing at a different venue later today. It's 300 points and they run what's basically Golden Age all the time, but you can't feat carded figures and no BFCs are allowed. One guy who goes both there and to my usual venue tends to run predictable bullshit. Lately he's taken to running DoFP Destiny, at least one Science Police Officer, and the Green Battery for its Emotional Spectrum. He'll fill in attacker(s) from there. What should I run to show him "Yo, change your poo poo up now and then, huh?" If it weren't for him I'd run Lex Luthor on a Politician team with DKR Harvey Dent just to show you can still abuse the ATA.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Hawkman and Vandal Savage: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-hawkman-vandal-savage/#axzz3NgG6Ibsx

Hawkman is great against soft targets but suffers from an unfortunate close combatant/ESD combo that's plagued him for a long time.

Vandal Savage is super weird. At 250 he's not doing much other than not dying and providing Leadership, but at 160 he's a solid brawler with Outwit who will still be hard to kill.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

I'm playing at a different venue later today. It's 300 points and they run what's basically Golden Age all the time, but you can't feat carded figures and no BFCs are allowed. One guy who goes both there and to my usual venue tends to run predictable bullshit. Lately he's taken to running DoFP Destiny, at least one Science Police Officer, and the Green Battery for its Emotional Spectrum. He'll fill in attacker(s) from there. What should I run to show him "Yo, change your poo poo up now and then, huh?" If it weren't for him I'd run Lex Luthor on a Politician team with DKR Harvey Dent just to show you can still abuse the ATA.
Iron Pharaoh, Weasel, and two dudes with barrier. Teach him lessons in cheese.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

A SloSh chase on a themed team, steal the ring from his battery

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Can anyone recommend fun scenarios they've played recently or In the past? I get to invent an event for a venue I go to

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

Can anyone recommend fun scenarios they've played recently or In the past? I get to invent an event for a venue I go to

A venue near me ran this, but I didn't have a chance to play:

quote:

Non-pog characters on the map that did not begin the game on the map gain +1 to their combat values. For example, figures placed through split/merge/revert/promote/ritual/fusion/multiple man/etc. would qualify, but not things like Scarecrow's raven tokens, Ra's al Ghul or Mr. Immortal resurrecting themselves, z-virus reanimation, etc.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

I realized the venue was running their "clear out the remaining WOL stuff including a Nekron" tournament tonight with the player in question participating, so the 300-point was their side game. I had three opponents, all of which I beat handily with Shang-Chi, Proxima Midnight, and Nico Minoru with the Orange Lantern Battery/Ring plus Scissors, Decoy, and Mallet. It was a massacre. I got Pete Wisdom for my troubles.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Morand posted:

I had been running a WoL league for my players, and surprised them with this for the last event. It was a smash hit with everyone... it'll need a bit of tweaking to work as a non-team-based event, but that shouldn't be too hard.

I had a full set of Lantern rings, and gave each player a scorecard telling them how to earn them. Each round, the very first player in the tournament to meet a particular goal claimed the ring, which earned their faction 5 faction points (the equivalent of 500 KO points). For a standard tournament, I'd probably tweak that to earning the player 50 points, and then judge the event solely on points, rather than wins, or maybe divide players up into teams of two or three, depending on attendance.

Red - Need a 6 or less to hit, and miss by exactly 1.
Orange - Counter a power that your character can also use.
Yellow - Have a character travel to your opponent's half of the map, and then return to your starting area.
Green - Have a character enter your opponent's starting area.
Blue - Need a 9 or better to hit, and hit.
Indigo - Target an opposing character with a power that they can also use.
Violet - Have an opposing character fail to break away from one of your characters.
White - Return a character to its starting click after having left it.
Black - KO an opposing character.

It made for a really frantic and fun event, with everybody doing their best to play quickly and grab the rings, and it had some of the best feedback I've ever gotten on an event. I'm actually thinking of seeing if I can run it at Gen-Con next year.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Did claiming the ring have a game effect, or just score points?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

A fun one recently:

Hunger Games
Each player brings one figure no more than 100 points, everyone is on one four player map
12-16 relics are placed in the center of the map, relics are guaranteed pickup

Here's two I'm running this month that I'm pumped for:

1/4 New Year's Evolution - It's 2015! Grab your pokeballs, load up your Pip-Boy, grind that XP, and get ready to level up!

400 points, Golden Age. Once per game, you may give one character on your force a double power action that deals no pushing damage. Replace that character with any other character with the same printed or real name, with a point cost up to 100 points greater than the original character, and the same number of clicks from it's starting line as the original character. The new character follows all standard replacement character rules.

1/11 Master of Minions - Lead your army into glorious battle!

Build a 400 point themed team, Golden Age. Your force must consist one named figure (eg Ronan, Larfleeze, Saruman) and the rest must be generic figures (eg Kree Privates, Orange Constructs, Uruk-Hai). Your named figure must must have Leadership, Mastermind, the Ruler keyword, or be thematically appropriate to the rest of your force (such as Ultron leading a robot uprising). No team bases, vehicles, resources, or bystanders.

I hate adding no bystanders but we've run this format before and Horde tokens chew through swarm teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

CapnAndy posted:

Did claiming the ring have a game effect, or just score points?

It was just scoring points. I suppose the ring could be assigned to whichever figure earned the ring, for extra insanity.

• Locked thread