Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Sanschel posted:

I hate adding no bystanders but we've run this format before and Horde tokens chew through swarm teams

Why not just specifically disallow Horde tokens and allow other bystanders?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Could someone of great knowledge write a paragraph explaining the Carry ability, which characters can use it, and how the ability is affected by modifiers/replacement values?

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

Could someone of great knowledge write a paragraph explaining the Carry ability, which characters can use it, and how the ability is affected by modifiers/replacement values?

Easy enough.

Who can use it? Carry is granted by Flight (the wing symbol), Giant (the tall man symbol), Transporter (the inverted color speed symbol), and vehicle (the wheel symbol). Other characters can have Carry through special powers or traits.

Who can I carry? Easier to ask who you cannot carry. You cannot carry someone who is bigger than you (that is, a Tiny couldn't carry a normal, a normal couldn't carry a Giant, a Giant couldn't carry a colossal). You cannot carry someone who has the wing symbol (which is slightly different from Flight, but I'll get into that later), someone who is a Transporter, a Duo, has a base that takes up more than one square, or who is carrying an object (although you can carry a character AND an object, just not one that is holding one). The simple shorthand is that if you CAN carry, you cannot be carried... that isn't always the case, but it is often enough to be a rule of thumb.

How do I carry? Begin your movement adjacent to the character that you want to carry. Take them off the map until you're done moving. Reduce your speed value by 2. When you are done, place the character you carried adjacent to you. That character cannot take a non-free action for the rest of the turn.

Special cases for carry.
That -2 penalty is a modifier, and, in HeroClix, we first resolve replacement values, then modifiers. So, if you are using Carry in conjunction with Charge or Running Shot, first you cut your speed in half (say, from 10 to 5) and then subtract 2 (down to 3). If something else also cuts your movement in half, you also have to factor that in, so 10 would become 5 would become 3, and then a whopping 1 when using Carry.

Sidestep does not care about your speed value, you're just moving 2 squares. So, the -2 for Carry doesn't matter for Sidestep; you can still move 2.

If you are using Hypersonic Speed and Carry together, the character that you are carrying is not on the map when you make your attack (they get placed when you are done moving). So, unlike Charge or Running Shot, the character that you carried can't use Probability Control on your attack.

Stupid carry tricks.
Carry is an ability, which means that it can be countered with Outwit. A common misconception is that Outwit can counter some combat symbols ("I Outwit your Indomitable," for example). What Outwit can do is counter the abilities granted by that symbol. So, if you are facing someone with the wing symbol, that technically grants them two abilities: Flight and Carry. Both can be countered, and you have to pick. So, if you choose to Outwit Flight on someone, they can still Carry; you have to specifically Outwit the Carry.

If someone has Flight granted by something (Flight specifically, not the wing symbol), then they can be carried, as it is the wing symbol that disqualifies that. Similarly, someone who has been granted Flight (but not wing) cannot Carry.

All Tiny characters can be carried by someone larger than they are. Carrying them does not reduce your movement, and you can carry a Tiny and a standard character at the same time. The ability to carry a Tiny character cannot be countered, so only a very few characters (MODOK with his 'cannot use the Carry ability' trait, for example) cannot carry a Tiny.

The characters that have Carry granted by a power or trait can be carried, as long as they don't have one of the combat symbols that disqualify them. Blink, for example, both has Carry and can be carried. Makes for great mobility and versatility.

Hope that helps clear things up. If I left anything vague, feel free to ask!

Torrent fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jan 4, 2015

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

Characters with the [WING] or any Transporter Speed symbol can use Carry, as can characters who can use the Giant Reach ability. Numerous other characters have it through special powers or the Underworld or Inhumans ATAs. A character can't carry a character larger than it is. Any [STARBURST] or larger character can carry UP TO ONE character using Tiny Size A) without modifying its Speed value and B) in addition to any other carried characters. Other than carrying a Tiny, using Carry modifies the carrier's Speed value by -2. This means you apply the -2 after any replacement values, like halving for Charge or Running Shot. Because it's a modifier, the -2 will be prevented by effects like locking the character's Speed value (such as when using Sidestep) or preventing modifiers altogether (see: the Outsiders team ability).

Does that about cover it, or is there more you were wondering about?

Mirth
Jul 23, 2008

We're all soldiers now.

Torrent posted:

Easy enough.

Who can use it? Carry is granted by Flight (the wing symbol), Giant (the tall man symbol), Transporter (the inverted color speed symbol), and vehicle (the wheel symbol). Other characters can have Carry through special powers or traits.

Who can I carry? Easier to ask who you cannot carry. You cannot carry someone who is bigger than you (that is, a Tiny couldn't carry a normal, a normal couldn't carry a Giant, a Giant couldn't carry a colossal). You cannot carry someone who has the wing symbol (which is slightly different from Flight, but I'll get into that later), someone who is a Transporter, a Duo, has a base that takes up more than one square, or who is carrying an object (although you can carry a character AND an object, just not one that is holding one). The simple shorthand is that if you CAN carry, you cannot be carried... that isn't always the case, but it is often enough to be a rule of thumb.

How do I carry? Begin your movement adjacent to the character that you want to carry. Take them off the map until you're done moving. Reduce your speed value by 2. When you are done, place the character you carried adjacent to you. That character cannot take a non-free action for the rest of the turn.

Special cases for carry.
That -2 penalty is a modifier, and, in HeroClix, we first resolve replacement values, then modifiers. So, if you are using Carry in conjunction with Charge or Running Shot, first you cut your speed in half (say, from 10 to 5) and then subtract 2 (down to 3). If something else also cuts your movement in half, you also have to factor that in, so 10 would become 5 would become 3, and then a whopping 1 when using Carry.

Sidestep does not care about your speed value, you're just moving 2 squares. So, the -2 for Carry doesn't matter for Sidestep; you can still move 2.

If you are using Hypersonic Speed and Carry together, the character that you are carrying is not on the map when you make your attack (they get placed when you are done moving). So, unlike Charge or Running Shot, the character that you carried can't use Probability Control on your attack.

Stupid carry tricks.
Carry is an ability, which means that it can be countered with Outwit. A common misconception is that Outwit can counter some combat symbols ("I Outwit your Indomitable," for example). What Outwit can do is counter the abilities granted by that symbol. So, if you are facing someone with the wing symbol, that technically grants them two abilities: Flight and Carry. Both can be countered, and you have to pick. So, if you choose to Outwit Flight on someone, they can still Carry; you have to specifically Outwit the Carry.

If someone has Flight granted by something (Flight specifically, not the wing symbol), then they can be carried, as it is the wing symbol that disqualifies that. Similarly, someone who has been granted Flight (but not wing) cannot Carry.

All Tiny characters can be carried by someone larger than they are. Carrying them does not reduce your movement, and you can carry a Tiny and a standard character at the same time. The ability to carry a Tiny character cannot be countered, so only a very few characters (MODOK with his 'cannot use the Carry ability' trait, for example) cannot carry a Tiny.

The characters that have Carry granted by a power or trait can be carried, as long as they don't have one of the combat symbols that disqualify them. Blink, for example, both has Carry and can be carried. Makes for great mobility and versatility.

Hope that helps clear things up. If I left anything vague, feel free to ask!

I want to tattoo this on to my forearm. Carry is such a headache, thank you for this.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Colossal Clash trip report.

Had to do some semi-severe team rejiggering at the last second (The guy I was borrowing Uatu+Unspoken from couldn't find Unspoken) and I forgot that the game was no resources, so I ended up fielding:

Fin Fang Foom @ 1200
AvX Scarlet Witch @ 150
GG Mole Man
AIM Agent
AIM Renegate
Astral Dr. Strange
Indigo Tribe Ring
Phoenixbuster Iron Man
TT Red Hood

Same general principle as the original team: FFF runs up turn 1 carrying Mole Man, ramages from there. Red Hood does the Outsiders shenanigans while throwing leadership at Mole Man and the Astral Strange (While it's trying to pick up the Indigo Ring to function as a healbot for Fin Fang Foom. In emergencies, it smokeclouds to protect Red Hood and Mole Man) and occasionally outwitting/shooting things that sneak behind to attack my support team. Scarlet Witch "No More Mutants" away Quintessence or Power Cosmic first thing and then gets ferried to the front by Phoenixbuster to serve as a blaster and support figure, Phoenixbuster does his thing, and the Beekeepers support whichever shooter is active at the moment.

Round 1 vs:
1400 Ziran the Tester & 400 pt Trinity of Sin (Original Characters). Failed 2/3 tests, damage went on FFF instead of support which was a relief. Shut off Ziran's Power Cosmic and started punching him while he and Trinity kept outwitting and punching FFF. Phoenixbuster got chumped too fast to be useful. Round ended from time with me on my second dial and having not killed Trinity or any dial of Ziran yet. Got to punch Trinity of Sin and point out FFF's immunity from double-mystics. Good times

Round 2 vs:
Master Mold @1500, Sentinel Alpha 3 @200. This was one of my friends who likes collecting Sentinels and wanted the reason to finally use Master Mold. He realized in hindsight that Master Mold wasn't great against colossals, he should have had more starting sentinels on field, and he forgot about the robot ATA for his starting guys. A last second theme prob (...Wait, do you get theme probs with a generic keyworded team? I never looked at the changed rules. That might have been both our faults if not, he mentioned havin one earlier in the game that he forgot to use, I accidently reminded him about it) stopped Mole Man at last action from successfully poking FFF to kill Master Mold.

Round 3 vs:
Nekron @ 600, Black Lantern Anti-Monitor @ 900, Lyssa Drak, BL Superman possessed by Black Hand, Black Lantern Corps ATA for them all. Black Lantern Theme Team was pretty cool, another of my friends. I started the game by No More Quintessance-ing Nekron and Anti-Monitor, to which my friend responded by HSSing Nekron (Him having that is dumb as hell but funny) and popping Mole Man first thing. I proceeded to outwit and beat Nekron down while tying up Anti-Monitor while he sniped my support squad. Won on points when time was called, had Red Hood & FFF near top dials while Nekron was dead, Antimonitor & Superman were nearly dead, and Lyssa was hiding behind barriers the whole game doing her Prob schtick. Nekron and Anti-Monitor took a lot of pushing damage, it was great.

Won fellowship, got a Bob Agent of AIM. Had a fun time, got to show a few people who had never experienced an Old Colossal the huge numbers ("Ok I hit you for... 5?" "Ok, stats are now 15/16/17/4" "16 attack?" "And Exploit Weakness") and the hilarious laundry list of assorted immunities FFF had. In hindsight, the organizers agreed that they probably should have made longer rounds with the giant piles of hit points and support that were fielded in an 1800 point game. Given that time, I probably would have tabled all my opponents.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Does that about cover it, or is there more you were wondering about?

This and the previous post by Torrent is beautiful. Simple references like this are awesome. The explanation of replacement/modifier by Torrent is perfect, and makes any sort of rules discussion much easier to figure out.

My only other question is: In what instances can a character carry more than one other character? (Apart from situations such as the ASM Vulture, whose card specifically says he can carry two Sinister Syndicate pals.)

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Archenteron: No, you don't get theme prob for a generic theme anymore.

Red: Basically, the only time you can carry more than one character is when whatever's letting you use it specifically says you can. The Underworld TA lets you do it conditionally and the Green Lantern Corps TA is the oldest thing that does, letting you carry 8. If you had a double-based wildcard, you could both use GLC and carry a Tiny, as Tiny is in addition to any other carrying you can do. To list all the circumstances would require probably an afternoon of research.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Archenteron: No, you don't get theme prob for a generic theme anymore.

Red: Basically, the only time you can carry more than one character is when whatever's letting you use it specifically says you can. The Underworld TA lets you do it conditionally and the Green Lantern Corps TA is the oldest thing that does, letting you carry 8. If you had a double-based wildcard, you could both use GLC and carry a Tiny, as Tiny is in addition to any other carrying you can do. To list all the circumstances would require probably an afternoon of research.

No, no, that's just the answer I'm looking for, in case someone tries to claim colossals can carry two regular-sized characters or something.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Red posted:

My only other question is: In what instances can a character carry more than one other character? (Apart from situations such as the ASM Vulture, whose card specifically says he can carry two Sinister Syndicate pals.)

The only thing that I would add to ManiacClown's excellent answer is that most (if not all) vehicles can carry more than one character at a time. Vehicles will have a number of their base that indicates how many characters they can carry. While it's not often an issue (because, seriously, who uses vehicles since they fixed cop cars?), we do have a Quinjet due to come out this year, so it will eventually become relevant again.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Sanschel posted:

Hunger Games
Each player brings one figure no more than 100 points, everyone is on one four player map
12-16 relics are placed in the center of the map, relics are guaranteed pickup

Thinking about doing this sometime in the next week with the following 16 relics:

Mento-Intensifier
Omega Drive
Mother Box
M'Kraan Crystal Sliver
Cosmic Control Rod
Terrigen Crystal
Power Gem
Reality Gem
Colossus PF fragment
Batarangs
Batman Cowl
Green Lantern Ring
Black Lantern Ring
Star Sapphire Ring
Kuurth's Hammer
Greithoth's Hammer

I'm trying to avoid redundant or overly similar abilities (e.g. Soul Gem vs BL Ring, or including both Kuurth's and Skadi's Hammers). Eliminating support relics/powers due to one fig per team helped narrow the list down.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Red posted:

No, no, that's just the answer I'm looking for, in case someone tries to claim colossals can carry two regular-sized characters or something.

Colossals can't inherently carry. Giants can. Giant Reach gives the use of Carry, not Great Size. Now, if you had a colossal with [WING]? Carry away.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Pair of Dr. Lights went up yesterday: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-dr-light/#axzz3O1kE7xSG

Normal Light's a decent cheap Enhancement piece with a chance to ping for some long-distance damage. With the IT he'll be a solidly annoying backup attacker, and with Regen keeping him going there's nothing to complain about.

Prime Light's an odd duck; at first glance he seems a tad expensive for a secondary attacker, even with pseudo-Phasing and a good self-healing escape mechanism. That is until you remember that when you have multiple replacement values, you get to choose the order in which they occur; suddenly this dude's rocking an 11-16 square Running Shot with an 8 range, which is about the length of a map. Just needs a bit of Perplex or a few well placed Enhancements to make the most of those average opening stats and suddenly he'll be an unholy terror.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Sanschel posted:

Prime Light's an odd duck; at first glance he seems a tad expensive for a secondary attacker, even with pseudo-Phasing and a good self-healing escape mechanism. That is until you remember that when you have multiple replacement values, you get to choose the order in which they occur; suddenly this dude's rocking an 11-16 square Running Shot with an 8 range, which is about the length of a map. Just needs a bit of Perplex or a few well placed Enhancements to make the most of those average opening stats and suddenly he'll be an unholy terror.

Nope. My take is that you replace the value when you roll the d6. Then, if he uses Running Shot, he replaces the existing replacement value. You don't get to pull the pre-errata Sniper Rifle trick.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Have they changed the clarification for Mikhail Rasputin yet? His power is worded almost exactly the same, and it was ruled that he can halve his speed for Running Shot, then replace it with the new value. This was before the great Rules Exodus from the Realms, though, and it never made it into a PG, so who really knows any more.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

ManiacClown posted:

Nope. My take is that you replace the value when you roll the d6. Then, if he uses Running Shot, he replaces the existing replacement value. You don't get to pull the pre-errata Sniper Rifle trick.

Admittedly I haven't checked and as Grammar Aryan pointed out it's possible the ruling may have changed, but back during No Man's Land it was ruled that if Calendar Man does his trick on Barda to halve her movement and she then uses Boom Tube, you could choose to halve her printed value first and then replace that half value with the 12 speed that Boom tube grants to completely negate Calendar Man. If they haven't changed the ruling, Light would work the same.

Without that trick, Light doesn't seem particularly Prime worthy and even a bit overcosted, though he wouldn't be the first wasted Prime slot (see: 3/4 of the Teen Titans Primes).

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
The rationale with Mikhail Rasputin was that replacements and modifications only come into play when they're checked, so while you can replace his speed value with a 16, it's still just a 10 until it matters. Then, since you halve speed for Running Shot, the two replacements come into effect, and since it's a concurrent effect, controlling player chooses order of resolution, which allowed for that result.

What exactly was the errata on the sniper rifle?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Watch List results: http://heroclix.com/announcements/heroclix-watch-list-q4-2014-official-changes/#axzz3O55SEULs

A bunch of sensible changes that balance each figure without making it's effects unusable. I dig it.

The Grammar Aryan posted:

What exactly was the errata on the sniper rifle?

The Sniper Rifle construct originally followed the typical order of operations, but was specifically ruled that you had to use the 10 range replacement before any other replacements so that people couldn't give their HSS characters a 10 range. See here: http://heroclix.com/announcements/heroclix-rules-announcement-new-heroclix-rules-forum-errataclarifications-august-2014/#axzz3O55SEULs

As far as I can find, Mikhail never received an errata so I'm fairly certain Light would work the same way.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 6, 2015

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sanschel posted:

Watch List results: http://heroclix.com/announcements/heroclix-watch-list-q4-2014-official-changes/#axzz3O55SEULs

A bunch of sensible changes that balance each figure without making it's effects unusable. I dig it.
The Entities escaping getting made into resources is honestly shocking to me.

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

KRONA

CapnAndy posted:

The Entities escaping getting made into resources is honestly shocking to me.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Sanschel posted:

The Sniper Rifle construct originally followed the typical order of operations, but was specifically ruled that you had to use the 10 range replacement before any other replacements so that people couldn't give their HSS characters a 10 range. See here: http://heroclix.com/announcements/heroclix-rules-announcement-new-heroclix-rules-forum-errataclarifications-august-2014/#axzz3O55SEULs

As far as I can find, Mikhail never received an errata so I'm fairly certain Light would work the same way.

But that's just a change to the wording of the Sniper Rifle itself, not the way multiple replacement values work in general. Taking a look at the core rulebook's section on the Golden Rules-

Replace then Modify posted:

Whenever a combat value needs to be calculated for any game effect, the controller of the character whose value needs to be calculated starts with the printed value, applies all replacement values in any order, then applies the sum of all modifiers to arrive at a final result. Remember that a locked value will override any other replacement values and modifiers.

So yeah, Light gets to go all Weaponer and run across the map to shoot somebody.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

Is not actually a counter to the entities at all.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
Time to toss Black Hand into the trade bin. Errata'd into uselessness for Duhg's Army! :argh:

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Heroclix.com posted:

Bizarro (SLOSH #039)—

Game Text:
ME AM NOT BIZARRO!:Bizarro costs 25 points for each Orrazib token you place on his card, up to 12 tokens. When Bizarro takes damage, remove one Orrazib token from his card. When Bizarro is healed, add one Orrazib token to his card (no more than the initial amount). When there are no Orrazib tokens on this card, KO Bizarro. At the beginning of your turn, roll a d6 and click Bizarro that many times. This ability can’t be ignored.

Game Text:
ME AM NOT BIZARRO!:Bizarro costs 25 points for each Orrazib token you place on his card, up to 6 When Bizarro takes damage, remove one Orrazib token from his card. When Bizarro is healed through the use of Support, add one Orrazib token to his card (no more than the initial amount). When there are no Orrazib tokens on this card, KO Bizarro. At the beginning of your turn, roll a d6 and click Bizarro that many times. This ability can’t be ignored.

There are two game balance content changes being made to Bizarro’s ‘Me am not Bizarro’ trait. The number of Orrazib token is now capped at 6 (from 12)— this means that Bizarro may be played at any 25 point increment from 25 points to a maximum of 150 points. The second change provides a caveat that Bizarro may only be healed through the use of the Support power.

What the gently caress?

So Bizarro's ceiling is 150?

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Yeah. Between that and Support-only healing, they nerfed him pretty drat hard.

Question about constructs and Power Batteries - if I'm running a GL team and a GL battery, and some of the GL pieces start with constructs attached to their bases, those constructs do not count for either gaining Power Ring abilities or getting the Master Constructs buff because the construct isn't on the character's card and didn't come from the Power Battery, correct? They would have to be assigned a second construct from the Battery to qualify.

In that case, would it be better to just not assign Constructs at the beginning of the game at all, or is it still worth the point cost for some characters to assign them?

Lastly, for beginning-of-game Constructs, if you activate their replacement action, do you pull a Construct from your sideline, or can it be from a Power Battery (I'm guessing the former)? TIA.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Tim Hunter and I, Vampire are up.

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/preview/dc-heroclix-justice-league-trinity-war-vampire-tim-hunter/#ixzz3O9jS5ZW6

Holy poo poo to Tim if you hit that last click.

Edit: Actually, Tim is awesome even if you don't hit that last click. Passively loving over prob control as well as having all the powers. That last click is just a bonus.

Morand fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jan 7, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

zgrowler2 posted:

I mean, I get that he's a hassle to face, but I'm just pissed because I traded for him like a month or so ago, and I might as well throw his stat card into the fireplace.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Vampire is pretty solid, especially at 75.

Tim is gnarly as hell, a Mystical Hope Summers with a God click? Yes please!

Amusingly, the Justice League Dark keyword cannot be assumed the JLD ATA :doh:

zgrowler2 posted:

Question about constructs and Power Batteries - if I'm running a GL team and a GL battery, and some of the GL pieces start with constructs attached to their bases, those constructs do not count for either gaining Power Ring abilities or getting the Master Constructs buff because the construct isn't on the character's card and didn't come from the Power Battery, correct? They would have to be assigned a second construct from the Battery to qualify.

In that case, would it be better to just not assign Constructs at the beginning of the game at all, or is it still worth the point cost for some characters to assign them?

Lastly, for beginning-of-game Constructs, if you activate their replacement action, do you pull a Construct from your sideline, or can it be from a Power Battery (I'm guessing the former)? TIA.

Correct, attached constructs don't count for anything the batteries check for. It could still be worth it if you want an easy way to double up effects, like starting off Kyle with both ES/D and Shape Change, just up to if you can spare the points for it. The extra constructs need to come from your sideline though, no way to pull them from the battery except through the battery's powers.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jan 7, 2015

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Morand posted:

no but he needs them for his gimmick, lots of them

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

Morand posted:

No, he's saying why they weren't made resources. So you can still use Krona's effect to its maximum.

edit: I'm blind, he clarified right above me.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Sanschel posted:

Vampire is pretty solid, especially at 75.

Tim is gnarly as hell, a Mystical Hope Summers with a God click? Yes please!

Amusingly, the Justice League Dark keyword cannot be assumed the JLD ATA :doh:

Correct, attached constructs don't count for anything the batteries check for. It could still be worth it if you want an easy way to double up effects, like starting off Kyle with both ES/D and Shape Change, just up to if you can spare the points for it. The extra constructs need to come from your sideline though, no way to pull them from the battery except through the battery's powers.

Don't forget that Constructs attached via trait also don't count against Emotional Spectrum. Using the Green Battery? Go ahead and stick the Blue Bulldozer on Kyle. Throw the Red Axe on Guy. Give Hal the White Sniper Rifle. Those fuckers on the other guy's team still ain't getting more than one free action per turn.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Sanschel posted:

ManiacClown posted:

Don't forget that Constructs attached via trait also don't count against Emotional Spectrum. Using the Green Battery? Go ahead and stick the Blue Bulldozer on Kyle. Throw the Red Axe on Guy. Give Hal the White Sniper Rifle. Those fuckers on the other guy's team still ain't getting more than one free action per turn.

Good to know, thanks. I'll probably still double up on Kyle and Jade, the others maybe as needed. Assuming that BBTS preorder comes through, being able to mix and match Constructs will be a huge help.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Trinity War unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf-y9BWsIK4

The Outsider is the U Prime, Seven Deadly Sins as figures are the chases, second rate Nu52 Batman cheesecake villain White Rabbit is the Ultra Chase, and it looks like most of the Justice League are SRs, as both Wonder Woman and Batman are.

Also note that apparently out of a single brick she pulled a prime, a chase, three Deadly Sin special objects, and three SRs.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sanschel posted:

second rate Nu52 Batman cheesecake villain White Rabbit is the Ultra Chase
The mega-tier oh-so-desirable Ultra Chase is a not very powerful piece who's got zero collector value because it's a character nobody knows about or likes? Really?

I mean... you're supposed to chase white rabbits, right? Maybe it'll be a deal where you send her in for the real prize or something? Because seriously, a loving playboy bunny?

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

CapnAndy posted:

The mega-tier oh-so-desirable Ultra Chase is a not very powerful piece who's got zero collector value because it's a character nobody knows about or likes? Really?

I mean... you're supposed to chase white rabbits, right? Maybe it'll be a deal where you send her in for the real prize or something? Because seriously, a loving playboy bunny?

They did say they made the UC to be a goofy fun character that would be neat to get but not gamebreakingly powerful.

I'm just glad it's her, for a hot minute when I saw the comments before watching the video I assumed people were referring to Hoppy the Marvel Bunny or Captain Carrot, either of which I'd sell a firstborn for.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

CapnAndy posted:

Sanschel posted:

cheesecake

For once, I'm actually okay with a company exploiting a particular segment of their consumer base.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Looking to print a Skadi's Warbot out. Anyone have any suggestions on how? I'm currently thinking to print the card out on heavy stock, use an Exacto blade tied to a centered string to cut the circle out, cut out 3-4 other blank circles, and glue them onto the bottom to thicken the pog.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

zgrowler2 posted:

Looking to print a Skadi's Warbot out. Anyone have any suggestions on how? I'm currently thinking to print the card out on heavy stock, use an Exacto blade tied to a centered string to cut the circle out, cut out 3-4 other blank circles, and glue them onto the bottom to thicken the pog.

Here's what I do and what you'll need.
  • 1.5" circle scrapbooking punch (I use Recollections-brand- that Fiskars wrist exerciser-looking thing doesn't cut cleanly)
  • Glue stick
  • Cardstock (not so thick you can't use the punch- note that cardstock really sucks up ink)
  • Green poker chip (because green = bystander)
I guess the list is fairly self-explanatory. Print out the token you want to make and use the scrapbooking punch to punch it out. Poker chips are slightly bigger than an inch and a half, which (I think) is the size of a map square. Apply the glue stick to the poker chip and stick the punched-out token on. Allow it to dry. I've attached the image I isolated from the PDF for your convenience.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Double post to avoid loving with the attachment:

This weekend we have a kill-and-keep for Nekron and the other WOL goodies. There may be other stuff involved as well. I'm not sure. The qualifier round is 4-man battle royales following a draft where you buy one 5-figure pack and pass it around. The shop's got Flash (obviously), Guardians of the Galaxy, and even some still-leftover SLOSH. WOL boosters (both waves) are also an option. I've already got Nekron so I'm out to get the other stuff, but if I'm buying stuff I figure I'll try to at least get a pack that might give me a good chance at pulling something either good to use against Nekron or at least valuable. I never pulled a single WOL chase and two Primes (both Laira w/Axe- anyone need her?) and I don't know how many are likely left in the boosters. What should I buy for this? I'm thinking either GotG or WOL, even though I've got almost the entire CUR set of WOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Thanks man, much appreciated!

• Locked thread