Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

ManiacClown posted:

"gay characters"

If you include all possible Earths, you can get the following,

but there's very little synergy. The novelty figure is off the charts, though - I'd love to see a team like that in a more casual setting.

e: swap the Iceman for the WXM066 91pts version; I uploaded the wrong screenshot.

e2: DC team comes together much better, plenty of room for feats and stuff. Could bump Obsidian to V dial and split the duo if needed.

zgrowler2 fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I came up with something I think may be even better: DC apes.

quote:

SMWWG005 Titano 250
**FEAT ↑And Stay Down! 6
FL056 Gorilla Grodd 175
**FEAT Monster Hunter 3
FL209 Gorilla City 85
Commander
FL008 Gorilla City 220
Soldier x4
AN004 Gorilla City 56
Warrior
***ATA Animal x8 32
WOLR107 Blue Battery 2
Blue Ring 4
Scissors 8
Decoy 6
Wall 10
Catapult 10
Stop Sign 8
Bulldozer 4
**FEAT Rip It Up 20
---------------------------
Total: 899
Keyword: Animal

Can anybody top this concept? I'd use Detective Chimp except I don't have him. The reason the Blue Battery is on there is for positive Perplex given the Gorilla City crew's tendency to have Flurry, plus they can beef up Titano if he really needs it to wallop somebody with Scissors-based Exploit Weakness. I could drop Rip It Up, though, so I can let Titano pick up Ultra-Heavies. Rip It Up doesn't have "you may" wording so it's no longer optional, meaning you can never (barring characters who can hold two objects) pick up other objects as you'll always have one already as soon as you begin movement.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ManiacClown posted:

Can anybody top this concept?

Monkeys are hard to top.

I thought of Marvel Captains:

LE Captain Britain
AVX Captain America
NF Captain Falcon
GotG GF Captain Marvel
AVAS Captain Universe
Total: 828 Points

Plenty of room left over for various ATAs and the Round Table, and they all have the Avengers keyword.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Oh, man. Blue would be a way better Battery tactically, but Indigo Star Sapphire would be funnier: Team Grape Ape.

Another team idea: Team Stache. They'd have the bitchin'est mustaches in Marvel. So far I can think of Dr. Strange and The Mandarin. There was another one, but I'm tired and it's escaping me.

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 2, 2015

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Tony Stark rocked a wicked stache until RDJ redefined his facial hair with the movie.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

I can't think of too many guys with mustaches that don't have goatees: Dum Dum Dugan, Swordsman, Forge, HoT Hogun, Jonah Jameson, Karnak

Edit: LE and MuMo Mastermind

Red fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Dec 2, 2015

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

That new SHIELD Cyborg guy.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
After a full month of nothing but drafts and sealed finally got a constructed game at my Thursday store and it was.... 300 points no resources or entity possessions. :sigh:

My team building for this event was extremely unenthused as I just played straight 300 point Superdoom. Literally did not care if I won or lost.

Round 1 versus Monsters

Red Son Bizarro
Black Lantern Zoom
Hulkbuster exploit arm

I won map for the only time I would and chose the legion of superheroes hq map. My first few turns I danced to get outnumbered tokens. He had Bizarro nab the arm while carrying zoom. I got first hit off with superdoom on Bizarro with a move and outnumbered token strike. It put him on click 4. He did a RS/Pw and rolled the 10 he needed to hit for 4 which put me on a HSS/Precion click. Zoom went for a shot but missed. I burned my last 2 outnumbered tokens to hit Bizarro for 4 and then did a normal shot on zoom for 3 HSSing out of Bizarro's range. Zoom went for a shot and crit missed. Bizarro sidestepped. I did a HSS shot and KO'd zoom. Bizarro fell soon after.

Round 2 versus Shield

Peggy Carter
Main set Fury Jr.
2 Shield Recruits
Shield Paranormal investigator
Winter Soldier

I lost map and ended up on a helicarrier. I wanted to try and nail Peggy before she crossed mid board but didn't see a way to do it she was the priority target as I couldn't have him removing my defense powers. He moved his guys down and I danced. He cleared and I danced again. He then moved down crossing mid board so Peggy had all the bonuses. I moved with superdoom to a square where I was 2 away from her and Winter Soldier just in case she made her shape change and burned my outnumbered tokens. She missed her shape change and senses rolls. No more Peggy and all the fight went out of my opponent after that. He could not hit my 20 and superdoom methodically took out his team one at a time.

Round 3

AOU Thor at 100
FI Kid Loki at full value
A bunch of trolls.

I lost map and ended up on the non quaked park from no mans land.

I danced while my opponent held back. Clearly waiting for me to come to him. Because that is what Superdoom does that is what I did, burning tokens to hit his Thor for 3 after invuln. He pulled out Jane and healed 2 clicks and charged me with an ultra heavy and made his hypertime roll and attack roll. I missed impervious and took 5. Ouch. Then Loki charged in with Blades. Also made hypertime, Crits on his blades and rolls a 6. Invincible made it a 3 but seriously, OW. Superdoom charged and nabbed his own ultra and KO'd Thor and was swarmed by trolls. Only one failed a hypertime roll. Loki perplexed down my defense and went for another charge blades but failed hypertime and the trolls did me in. It was quite the sight.

My round 3 opponent had been 1-1 so it came down to points and I ended up winning the event by less then 50 points over my round 3 opponent. It was the first time he'd ever beaten me or placed highly in an event so he was happy regardless.

Walked away with a Deadshot which I will trade anyone for an OP Ghost Rider as I missed a chance to grab him.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sunday was 500 points for the Batman LE Figure. You had to have a batman keyword theme team (So Arkham, Gotham underworld, batman family, etc etc) no resources.

I took this as a chance to play a few figures I've actually never ran before.

I ran:

Calander Man
Mr. Zsasz
Harley Quinn at 50
Hired Henchman at 40
Deadshot from AO
Black Mask from AO
Slosh Riddler
Monster Society ATA on the henchman.

This team was kinda an experiment. I only have one attacker, but the keywords I was most likely to face would be pretty light on reducers so I decided to run with it but only because it was an even day, as Calander Man's Odd day ability sucks in comparison.

Round 1 versus

Superman and Batman Duo from Crisis

Holy poo poo I hadn't seen one of these in YEARS and totally forgot it was an option. I knew I had to keep Deadshot safe and minimize my risk so I picked the sinister prison map. I kinda boned myself early on because I couldn't surround Black Mask and take full advantage of his Vast Fortune power. I was able to move out Harley, Calender Man and Deadshot though. Brought down Zsasz. He moved and tried to drill through some walls with the wall buster power. I was able to lock him down with Calander man and force him to clear while I moved down Black Mask. Mask pushed to fortune and Deadshot got first shot off on the duo for 3 after imperv. Zsasz based them and riddler perplexed down their attack. They perplexed up their attack and duo'd. First shot hit and KO'd Zsasz. Second shot did one to Deadshot. Deadshot pushed and hit for 4 after their invuln. Harley then based them and I perplexed down their damage to 2. They CCE'd putting all to attack and hit Harley to her last click. She poisoned them and hit for some more damage. I perplexed down their attack this time and they missed Harley. Eventually they got hit onto an outwit and force click and KO'd Harley that way but Deadshot just kept unloading on them and they eventually fell.

That duo has some godawful end dial clicks.

Round 2 versus

Batman FF Sniper Bats
Black Bat
FF Red Robin
FF Damian Wayne
SM/WW Main Set Batman
SM/WW Huntress

This team is my nightmare scenario. Everyone is an attacker and Deadshot can't just focus fire on one main threat. My only hope was that the player who was using it was pretty new and prone to new guy mistakes. I won map and chose the Junkyard because I was feeling nostalgic and was hoping my opponent would run to that middle ground and let me get some shots off. He did neither of those things though. He played it exactly as he should have, using the blocking and indoor to limit my shots. He at one point pushed his black bat to get near me but still behind a wall. I had Deadshot break it and then next turn hit for 6. I then remembered what the Underworld TA can do and had Harley sidestep, carrying Deadshot out of retaliation range. He moved down the side and was met by Zsasz and Harley. Blackbat fell to poison while a 12 attack chained blades got huntress. Batman did a RS and hit Zsasz onto a flurry click but pushed to do so. Managed to base him with Zsasz and use a coup token for a 3 damage flurry and KO. Red robin moved near black mask and they traded shots. Mask won and was healed by the goon. Damian charged and bladed Calander man for a oneshot. Deadshot repaid him in kind. Came down to Thomas versus most of my team and that was not going to end well for him.

Managed to squeak this one. A better player would have ended me.

Round 3 versus

Deadshot
Riddler
Batman of Zur en Ar with Eclipso equipped
Black Mask

He won map and tossed us on the pre-quake Wayne manor map from NML.

He went first, choosing not to do a Vast fortune move and moved everyone out normally. I did do a vast fortune move, making sure that my Deadshot would be in range of his even if he perplexed down his range. Calander man then halved the range and speed of Deadshot and I perplexed down his range one more. He kind of panicked and did not do a fortune move again. Instead he moved pushed his whole team to try to block LOF to his 2 heavies. Instead he left riddler wide open for an EE shot and I took it, dealing 3 to riddler and 2 to mask which knocked him off fortune. Zsasz moved down. He cleared and perplexed up Mask's defense to an 18. I did another EE shot and KO'd riddler while hitting mask for 2 more. Zsasz based Deadshot and Calandar man halved the speed and range of Zur Bats. Riddler perplexed down his Deadshots damage and my Black Mask based Harley and Deadshot. Deadshot did 4 to Zsasz, he entitied, and perplexed his movement up twice to move near my Deadshot. His Mask based my Zsasz. I had Harley do an underworld sidestep to base Zur and make sure Deadshot had range. He took a click of penetrating poison. Mask pushed to move to outwit his outwit. Riddler perplexed down his Zur's attack. Zsasz took poison and died. He pushed to move his Deadshot up into range. Zur tried to hit Harley on a push but missed after we burned all probs. He did roll a double though and heal a click which basically gave him willpower for that action. He took a click of penetrating poison and was down to only invuln from his entity. Deadshot then took a big shot for 6 which became 4 and KO'd Zur. Opponent then conceded the game.

This team is not good. I don't care that it won a game the damage values are too low and Zsasz is the worst. All he does is a base a thing and then die. That said it was fun to play because it was so challenging. It also had some neat tricks to pull with the various TA's I can copy. If you ever feel like playing Calander Man shoot for a weekday even day

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Here's a team I'm going to run this week:

SMWW Captain Atom Prime
JLTW Atomica
JLTW FF Johnny Quick
IC Rookie Thug

Is there any reason Captain Atom can't carry Johnny Quick, who's carrying Atomica?

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

Red posted:

Here's a team I'm going to run this week:

SMWW Captain Atom Prime
JLTW Atomica
JLTW FF Johnny Quick
IC Rookie Thug

Is there any reason Captain Atom can't carry Johnny Quick, who's carrying Atomica?

A character can only carry someone when they move. If Johnny Quick is being carried, he isn't moving, so he can't carry.

That said, since Atomica is tiny and Captain Atom is standard, he can carry her for free, then use the Carry granted by the Wing symbol to carry Johnny Quick.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

The Grammar Aryan posted:

A character can only carry someone when they move. If Johnny Quick is being carried, he isn't moving, so he can't carry.

That said, since Atomica is tiny and Captain Atom is standard, he can carry her for free, then use the Carry granted by the Wing symbol to carry Johnny Quick.

Ah, I thought there might be something I was forgetting - so I just have to remember to position Cap between Atomica and Johnny to start.

I'm playing two events this week, with the other being:

quote:

Build a 500 point force, no tactics. All players on your team must be green, red, or a mix of the two. (Bring out those Green and Red Lanterns!) Special "Santa Claus" rules will be announced at the beginning of the event.

Holiday cheer means prizes for all who attend! First pick will go to the player with the most creative Holiday team. The rest of the picks will go in place order (1st, 2nd,..)

So the team for that one is:

- GSX Cypher
- GotG Tyrant
- DoFP Angel
- FL Swift

If it's not obvious: Cypher HARK, Tyrant THE HERALD, Angel and Swift ANGELS SING.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

So I convinced a local judge to run a holiday event for the abominable snowman. Bring a holiday themed team and get presents in the form of bonuses. Or don't and get coal.

I volunteered to write up the coal penalties. Looking for more ideas.

Few ideas.

All misses are considered crit misses.
You are playing a bizarro game (back to front)
I roll the Faust/strange d20 for each combat value and you have that power instead. If it's a symbol or blank you get jack.
Everyone on your force is dealt 1 unavoidable damage that cannot be healed.

Some of these are too mean maybe? Help me figure out some other good ones.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

So I convinced a local judge to run a holiday event for the abominable snowman. Bring a holiday themed team and get presents in the form of bonuses. Or don't and get coal.

I volunteered to write up the coal penalties. Looking for more ideas.

Few ideas.

All misses are considered crit misses.
You are playing a bizarro game (back to front)
I roll the Faust/strange d20 for each combat value and you have that power instead. If it's a symbol or blank you get jack.
Everyone on your force is dealt 1 unavoidable damage that cannot be healed.

Some of these are too mean maybe? Help me figure out some other good ones.

Is the idea that you'll roll for your penalty?

Coal
- At the beginning of the game, all objects (including special objects, equipment, relics, etc.) on your force are now standard super light objects.
- Uses of perplex on friendly characters can only be used to lower combat values, while perplex uses on opposing characters can only be used to raise combat values.
- Carrying modifies speed values by -4 instead of -2.
- Movements of 7+ squares require a double power action.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
- Characters on your force may not have a range greater than 6 regardless of game effects, and powers have no minimum range
- Modify all damage dealt by close combat attacks by -2
- Your opponent has first turn immunity, regardless of turns elapsed or pieces being in their starting zone, until they make an attack that deals damage
- Your force possesses no Team Abilities and has no keywords

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Red posted:

Is the idea that you'll roll for your penalty?

Coal
- At the beginning of the game, all objects (including special objects, equipment, relics, etc.) on your force are now standard super light objects.
- Uses of perplex on friendly characters can only be used to lower combat values, while perplex uses on opposing characters can only be used to raise combat values.
- Carrying modifies speed values by -4 instead of -2.
- Movements of 7+ squares require a double power action.

I was thinking pieces of paper in a hat drawn at random each round

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I was thinking pieces of paper in a hat drawn at random each round

That works, and gives you a ton of options.

Here are a few more:

- Characters are immediately knocked back 2 squares towards the starting area. This can't be ignored.
- Roll a D6 - on a result of 1-5, none of your characters can use the Flight ability.
- Your team's speed powers are replaced with Sidestep.
- All opposing characters can use Steal Energy with close combat attacks.

Edit: Make "at the beginning of the game" "for the rest of the game" for the super ultra lights.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
- every time a friendly character of 25 points or more is KO'd, for each other character on your force, choose one: give this character an action token (if you can't, deal them one penetrating damage), or deal this character one unavoidable damage, or modify this character's combat values by -1 until your next turn
- friendly characters must be given double power actions instead of power actions
- if a friendly character uses more than one standard power in a turn, roll a d6 at the end of that turn and give them an action token on a roll of 4-6
- For each character on your force, roll a d6 at the beginning of the game. On a roll of 1-2, this character can use Battle Fury. On a roll of 3-4, this character can use Earthbound/Neutralized. On a roll of 5, this character starts the game with an action token.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So WizKids is bringing back their Opens in February, where the final four ID cards will be available; I'm stoked because one hosting store is the big awesome one about an hour south that I'm always happy to have an excuse to visit.

Speaking of ID cards, apparently there's a case incentive for World's Finest of a JL Teleporter that comes with ID cards for Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Red Tornado, and Green Lantern.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

All awesome ideas. I am stealing them

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand, please PM me your list of possible coal. I'd like to see if I can come up with anything else.

This coming weekend is 600 Modern. I've got two ideas so far.

pre:
FFTW006	Deathstorm	125
FFOA003	Iron Man	150
WOL061	↑ Entity	25
GOTG013b Recorder #451	100
FFNF004	Fitz		50
AOU003	Ant-Man		100
WOLR101	White Battery	2
	White Ring	6
	Net		8
	Stop Sign	8
	Decoy		6
	Wall		10
***ATA	Secret Avengers	10
----------------------------
		Total:	600
		Theme: Scientist
This team rocks Deathstorm because of course my opponent's team is going to have a resource. They pretty much all do. It has the White Battery so I can more easily pull off Godkiller and possibly even do it twice. That coupled with Entity give Iron Man some frightening stats for a 150-point character.

pre:
WKD-027	Felix Faust	80
WKM-028	Doctor Strange	150
JLTW066	Lust		117
WKM-023	Captain Britain	133
JLTWS105 ↑ Lust		8
WKD-006	Pandora		100
----------------------------
		Total:	588
		Theme: Mystical
I've never used a single figure on this team unless you count using the Trinity of Sin once without ever popping Pandora off it. It's 12 points down which leave me plenty of room for a relic or a Hulkbuster piece, of which I've got the Torso and both Arms. I could throw the Torso on Doctor Strange or the Left Arm on Captain Britain. Alternately, I could maybe use the Power Plant with only one ring (either Disintegration Beam or Ice Blast).

I'm trying to think of also using Defenders or coming up with some crazy bullshit involving Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, as I haven't played them before either, or maybe Resurrection Man for the same reason.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

All awesome ideas. I am stealing them

Here are a few more I thought of:

- Opposing characters' shape change succeeds on a roll of 3-6.
- Opposing characters with the Armor or Robot keyword modify their defense by +2.
- If the highest point character on your force is going to end the turn with no action tokens, give it an action token.
- Your opponent may place up to 3 debris markers in any unoccupied squares on the map.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Few more I thought of

When you would clear two action tokens, clear one instead.
No free actions
Impervious/Invuln/Invincible/Senses are now just Toughness
All friendly characters possess battle fury and earthbound

Red
Apr 15, 2003

- Your opponent may choose a group (or large square, if you will) of 4 adjacent squares, anywhere on the map, and roll a D6. Deal all characters in those squares the result in damage, minus 2. This is treated as damage from an attack, though no specific attacker is identified.
- Opposing characters can use Incapacitate.
- Your action pool for this turn is 1.
- On your opponent's next turn, your opponent scores an extra 25 points per character KO'd if that character was assigned a resource.

Edit: Would it be more fun to name these "lumps" of coal?

Red fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Dec 9, 2015

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Tonight was half sealed and constructed for the abominable snowman. Bring a 200 point team and buy a booster and add 200 points. The store did not get the snowmen though so prizes became the weird and ghost rider con LE's.

I kinda went all in on hoping that I would pull a rare Wonder Woman. I played the SR Batman and Superman from Trinity War at their lower values as my constructed team.

Nabbed 2 boosters because the store lets you do 1 mulligan. Booster 1 was garbage. Booster 2 sadly did not have a Wonder Woman but did have a Mr. Mxyzptlk and an Artimis. They became my 200 point add on.

Round 1 versus

Bizarro Flash
Max Merxury
Fairchild
Some lizard thing from Titans.

I misread Artimis's card and thought she had Charge/Flurry/Stealth so Bizarro Flash died in one attack but he mind controlled my Artimis to oneshot my superman and batman with Fairchild. That got me to panick a but but Artimis was a beast. She took down the lizard and I banked a 5 with Myx to prevent further mind controls. Jay never made a hit all game, Fairchild got hit to impervious and tried to CCE me but I made shape change without burning the 5 and managed to nail her. Jay fell soon after.

Round 2 versus

Adam Strange possessed by Adara
Adamantium Specialist
Lois Lane
150 Point Superman
Blue Lantern with Blue Ring and Blue Wall

I realized now how wrong I had been with Artimis after re-reading his card.

He won map and chose a map with water and a big Hydra symbol, not sure which one. He dropped the wall on Strange and had the specialist give him Invuln. I moved out slow into hindering with everyone. He moved out his superman carrying Lois and cleared Strange and the specialist. I chose to clear as I couldn't get in range. He did a zeta beam move and took a shot on the only person he could which was Mixy but couldn't hit my 20 in hindering. He missed his go back roll and dropped a barrier. I had batman choose TK and threw Artimis out. Superman did a RS and busted the barrier. Artimis then hit his Adam for 2 after invuln. His superman moved up and based my batman. Batman countered his defense, chose CCE and perplexed his damage but missed. He then oneshot my superman with Lois outwit help and strange ran away from Artimis. Batman cleared while Artimis hit Lois. He cleared. Batman nailed Lois and Artimis did 6 to superman after an outwit since he had invincible. He missed his attack and Adam couldn't hit anyone. Artimis charged out of hindering and got superman. Adam went for a zeta shot with 11 for 4 but I used Mixy's 5 he had banked to hit my shape change and he didn't get an attack. Artimis ended him then as he was the higesf point piece on the board. Specialist fell soon after.

Leaving out how many times Mixy saved me with his messing with the odds. He made strange miss more then a few times.

Round 3 versus
D20 Dr. Strange
Wong
Brutaal
Accountable

This had the potential to go very badly very quickly. I won map roll and chose Arcades Arena as I wanted stealth, banked a 5 with Myx. I moved out into hindering. Hid superman behind Artimis in hindering as I knew accountable could outwit superman but not Arrimis. Strange rolled Crimson band as his power. He had Wong take PC and be carried down by the doc. Brutaa nabbed an ultra and carried accountable. I don't think he realized how much I was afraid of accountable as he'd left him in range. Superman hit his leadership. I had to perplex supermans range and push but I did manage to KO accountable with superman. Cleared the rest. He chose to clear and rolled reset with Strange. I cleared as well knowing I still had my 5 banked to make sure I hit any defense roll I needed since batman was also choosing shape change. He rolled willpower, had Wong take PC and carried Wong down, basing Artimis with Wong. Brutaal based superman. Superman used freeze breath to try and get Brutaal and Wong but missed Brutaal. Artimis then KO'd Wong. He rolled Crimson again but had no targets. Brutaal hit superman with his ultra heavy but I rolled a 5 on impervious so I managed to hold onto my banked 5. Batman chose battle fury and perplexed Artimis's damage. Batman charged Brutaal and hit for 1 after invincible. Artimis then nailed him for 6 penetrating. Myx banked a 3. Strange rolled nothing and did a RS on Myx but missed. Brutaal cleared. Myx actually got the KO on Brutaal and free phased to base strange. Batman countered Indomitable and superman uncapped strange.

From here Artimis just tore him apart.

Finished up 3-0 and won the tournament by 20 points over the other 3-0 team which I am honestly not sure I could have beaten. It was Apollo, Hermes, and Hat.

Artemis is a loving beast and Myx is ridiculous in what he can do with his odds power. There was more then a few times I'd be more agressive then normal because I knew I had a 5 banked and would guaranteed hit my defense power. Superman ended up dead in 2 rounds and was overshadowed extremely by Batman. I ended up with a superman OP kit figure and Superman map by my own choice because I didn't want either of those LE's

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
So, I have an event tomorrow to make a 500 point team that's based on some Holiday Event, Story or Tradition.

So I wanna do a team based on Die Hard. Any ideas? I'm open to other ideas too, but I'm drawing a blank for teams.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Can you play LotR-universe figures? For my holiday game coming up I'm playing Red Sun Superman (wears a red suit, lives at the north pole, fast enough to go around the world in a single night, gives out presents which is a commie move) and a bunch of elves -- Legolas, Haldir, Holiday Elf, Elf Archers, and the Haldir's Archers horde token.

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Yep, any Universe is fair game, but I don't have a lot in the way of LOTR stuff.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

For 600 Modern tomorrow, I think I may have come up with a mean killbox team. It relies on 17+ Defense with Combat Reflexes, the Red Lantern Ring, Atomica's Plasticity (with Toad's for redundancy) to stick figures in place, and Graviton to yank them in for pain. Yes, one good Quake or Pulse Wave could ruin my day.
pre:
AOU102		Graviton	225
SMWW6-003	Green Lantern	95
WXM006		Toad		40
FFNFAOS001 	Nick Fury, Jr.	50
FFOA001		Ant-Man		50
FFJLTW007	Atomica		25
AOU036		Jewel		25
WOLR102		Red Battery	2
		Red Ring	8
		Axe		6
		Bulldozer	4
		Decoy		6
		Spotlight	6
		Scissors	8
-----------------------------------
			Total:	600
			Theme: none

ManiacClown fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 12, 2015

Red
Apr 15, 2003

http://icv2.com/articles/news/view/33246/marvel-heroclix-civil-war-storyline-op

quote:

WizKids has announced Marvel HeroClix organized play products for the Summer 2016 season. In June, WizKids will launch a four-month Marvel HeroClix: Civil War 2016 storyline, which includes Tournament Booster Bricks with prize support and an OP Grand Prize Kit.

The Civil War 2016 Storyline OP Booster Brick Case includes everything to support up to 16 players. The case includes two Booster Bricks, which include eight Civil War 2016 Storyline OP 5-figure Booster Packs (16 per case); and a Storyline Support Pack. The Support Pack contains two random Civil War 2016 Storyline prize figures (of 6 different figures – 4 per case), 16 Bounty cards (32 per case) and two 24” x36” Battle Royale/Head-to-Head maps (4 per case).

The 41-figure Marvel HeroClix: Civil War 2016 Storyline Organized Play set includes figures based on the Marvel Civil War comic, and includes all-unique sculpts and dials (while they share “Civil War” in their title, this Organized Play set is an entirely new release/set of figures compared to the Marvel HeroClix Captain America: Civil War Gravity Feed set which is based on Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War movie). The set contains 15 Common, 13 Uncommon, 8 Rare, and 5 Super-Rare figures. MSRP for in-store events is $16.99 per booster.

The Marvel HeroClix: Civil War 2016 Storyline OP Grand Prize Kit includes 16 (2 copies of 8) Limited Edition prizes to be drafted by players at the end of the event series. The Grand Prize Kit will be released in August, to coincide with the finale of the storyline OP event.

These products are covered by WizKids’ Promotional Product License Agreement and are not for resale outside the events.

WizKids also has an April retail release: Marvel HeroClix: Captain America: Civil War Movie Starter Set and Marvel HeroClix: Captain America: Civil War Movie Gravity Feed (see “'Captain America: Civil War' Comes to 'Marvel HeroClix'”), tied to the Marvel movie Captain America: Civil War opening in May (First 'Captain America: Civil War' Trailer”).

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

What really worried me is the prizes that come in foil packs.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Randomized prizes?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I was actually just thinking I wish there was a more recent MACH clix :allears:

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

CapnAndy posted:

Randomized prizes?

Apparently, yes. That's very troubling for the future. I could see that destroying OP attendance generally if they expand it.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

Apparently, yes. That's very troubling for the future. I could see that destroying OP attendance generally if they expand it.

Yiiiikes. Randomized prizes is awful.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

What really worried me is the prizes that come in foil packs.

I can already foresee every judge I know just opening a few at a time, so winners can pick.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It's interesting because it says eight boosters for player use and one with OP and participation prizes, and the maps are four player; current scuttlebutt is the event is nothing but BRs, which would really interesting and sort of justify $16 a booster if you're only getting one per event.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Sanschel posted:

It's interesting because it says eight boosters for player use and one with OP and participation prizes, and the maps are four player; current scuttlebutt is the event is nothing but BRs, which would really interesting and sort of justify $16 a booster if you're only getting one per event.

Artificial scarcity does not justify a price increase that drastic.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

This weekend is a Christmas event, format as follows. Silver Age at our venue is basically Golden without feats/BFCs/non-Horde bystanders or resources.

quote:

* Xmas Silver 300 - All your figures must be dressed for the Holidays:
- They have red or green in their name.
- They have a keyword that is red or green (Green Lantern Corps, etc.)
- The figure is predominantly red and/or green
- The figure is based on a Christmas personage of note (Krampus, etc.)
The third requirement refers to either dress or skin. I also got the judge to allow SLOSH Toys and that specific Toyman. I plan on running him with a Superman Action Figure attached for free. I own two Race Cars and an Airplane. I don't know what else to run with him, though. Currently the candidates for Toyman's non-Toy companions are:
  1. Deadpool & Bob (they're both red AND green!) plus the Omega Drive with an Airplane
  2. LotR Legolas (Herbie's back and he is pissed) and probably JL52 Deadman (as either Jacob Marley or the Ghost of Christmas Whatever-he-feels-like) with an Airplane and a Race Car (to stay attached for IM: Characters), which comes to 300 exactly
Alternately, I could skip Toyman and go for greater comedy: Deadpool & Bob with their friend Giganto the Mole Monster at 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Oooh,

If you want to troll the event a little bit and actually own an Ion, Toyman with Ion and the Green Battery. It's festive and you turn those little superman robots/toys into monsters. Push toyman to click 2 and all toys get willpower with force of will and you can perplex all of them with a power action. Give various constructs and the toys get +1 to everything except damage since they get the GL keyword from toyman.

And if you don't want to troll the event, I'd do something like a christmas movie. Die Hard with punisher as john for example

• Locked thread