Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Fun Little Xmas theme tournament I wouldn't mind some suggestions for:

We're playing a 600 point golden even this sunday, and the theme has to be that one of your characters has to hand out powers.

I was thinking 600 points of avengers with Sharon Carter handing out stealth; but that seems boring. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
Sure can't wait for the local cheeselords to play exodia every drat week.

(At least they can't throw resources on it.)

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
Got to play Master Pandemonium last night, and poison people with demonic baby hands. My life might be complete now.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004

Red posted:

Is there a good, definitive list somewhere of what can and can't be outwitted and perplexed?

You can outwit any power that currently appears on the dial, unless stated otherwise. The power must be "active" so to speak. For instance, "Hulk can use Super Strength" cannot be outwitted. "While on this click, Hulk possesses Battle Fury and Leap/Climb" can be outwitted. The former is more likely to be a trait, but I do see it written that way, especially on older clix.

Traits cannot be outwitted, at all.

Clix who have the Power Comic (Galactus head) or Quintessence (Q) team abilities cannot have their powers countered.

HOWEVER.

Even on Power Cosmic and Quintessence pieces you can outwit combat abilities. Flight, Transporter, Duo Attack, Indomitable can all be outwitted.

If a power is countered til the end of the turn, it is countered on future clix during that turn as well. If Cyclops has willpower on clix 1-6, and you hit him onto 4, if that power is showing, he still can't use it.

Perplexing is much easier.

You can perplex any number on any clix you see by 1 to a maximum of +/- 3, except for point value and range.

Speed is handy because the game uses this formula for charges, and running shots: Halve, THEN modify. So, if you 11 movement, you can normally charge/running shot for 6. Perplex that up, and you can charge/running shot 7. Which is of course, stupid and counter-intuitive.

Attack perplexing last until the end up the turn, or unless you crit miss.

Defense is the same, though you'd generally do this after attacking, to be safe.

Damage works the same way.

If you are healed, crit miss, or change the clix number in any way, the perplex modifier goes with it.

Hope this is what you meant!

EDIT: Ninja edit for accuracy, got my wordings mixed up!

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004

Morand posted:

What? Range is a combat value. You can absolutely perplex it up or down. You can't perplex up the number of bolts on your base if that is what you meant.

Yes crap, that is what I meant. I am the dumb.

• Locked thread