Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ulvir

- payday
- day for rent+bills
- christmas
- your DOB because at lot of places and websites and so on require you to list it for various reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

- march 8th as it is the international women's day
- may 1st which is the international worker's day

ulvir

smoobles posted:

there's some leeway on this one because you can just ask an orphan boy outside your window what day it is

the more tears in their eyes, the closer to xmas?

ulvir

alnilam posted:

since your from norway where most ppl worship norse mythology i think? i'll fill u in: there's a part of the bible called "a christmas carol" it takes place in victorian england and there are muppets in it too, and a little orphan boy outside the window says "why it's christmas day sir!"

ive read the book ages ago and seen the movie too, but can't for the life of me remember that little kid

ulvir

not really christmas but I recommend people read HC Andersen's novella The Little Match Girl. its extremely depressing and about child poverty in the 19th century set around new year's eve

ulvir

Iggy Koopa posted:

it made me cry

there's a swedish one I can't remember the title of that's also very depressing and just as poignant

ulvir

did some digging and the original name of the swedish story I mentioned is Sunnanäng written by Astrid Lindgren, but I don't think its translated into English and frankly that makes me very sad. its a good children's story about poverty

ulvir

Iggy Koopa posted:

its sad to think that so many kids wont be brought to tears by beautiful sad literature because its not a video game or cartoon movie film this generation is gay

depends on their teacher I suppose. I have many memories of moving stories during primary school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

I'll promise not to do a poo poo job.

• Locked thread