Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
57Hz
Jan 27, 2009

A white-noise buzzing sound.
nothing like bending pins back into place with your knife because your too lazy to just go get a new cable we have like a dozen of those things in the back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i have never bent the pins on a cpu because i am not a ham-fisted moron

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug
i broke a pin off a vga cable once but it worked just fine

drat just got cold shivers retelling that experience

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sweevo posted:

i have never bent the pins on a cpu because i am not a ham-fisted moron

same but because I'm not a sperg who build he own computer

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
stop reusing pins echi, you filthy addict

pram
Jun 10, 2001
heh

pram
Jun 10, 2001
echi is actually straightedge as gently caress

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
make like a pin and get bent, op.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
yesterday i plugged a 40 pin dom into a gender bender but didnt notice it was offset and I had only plugged in half the pins. My adapter got really hot but the dom still works so all good. No bent pins but thanks for reading.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
press 123 if you ever cracked the core on an old thunderbird by not doing the heatsink dance just right

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Jonny 290 posted:

press 123 if you ever cracked the core on an old thunderbird by not doing the heatsink dance just right

heh, scrub, here let a real pro show you how its done *slices thru five motherboard traces with screwdriver* aw FUUUUUUUCCK

pram
Jun 10, 2001
what were they thinking with that poo poo clip heatsink design

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
*maniacally scribbles on CPU die with a very particular pencil purchased for $7 from a dude on the [H]ardforums*

raspurtin
Apr 18, 2005

to force a reload of the software on a feature t card you had to rotate the dallas chips. you've been repairing 4683s too long when you can squash the pins, bend them back, reinsert the chip and the drat thing still works.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

pram posted:

what were they thinking with that poo poo clip heatsink design

nerds must suffer

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

maniacdevnull posted:

heh, scrub, here let a real pro show you how its done *slices thru five motherboard traces with screwdriver* aw FUUUUUUUCCK

you scrublords

use a 5mm socket, works perfectly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

my thunderbird could heat my bedroom in the winter

• Locked thread