Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I've always been ashamed I don't really enjoy the dark souls games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ekster posted:

I love them to bits but it's definitely not a game for everyone so I think this is only normal. And I don't mean that in the condescending "bet it was too hard for you :smuggo:" way.

I've never owned a console since ps2 so getting used to the gamepad and camera was really a lot

I was actually going strong in ds2 actually and then there was a loving jumping puzzle or something and gently caress that.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What is a good dancing game and maybe dance mat? For my 8 year old

We have a PS3 and a wii

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

univbee posted:

They don't really make those anymore, to the point where PS2's are still expensive in Japan specifically because of its library of DDR and other rhythm games (and a few other genres with sub-par representation). Your best best is going to be Just Dance for the Wii (or PS3 if you have the PS Move/Camera).

Thanks mate will go with the wii

It's amazing the wii is still pretty good even now like 10?? years post release.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What the next new rpg coming out?. I feel like playing skyrim but I can't play skyrim anymore.

I guess I could try dragon age.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What was wrong with Unity?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bloodborne looks ok but ps4 only gently caress that

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What do you guys think the next new big genre of games will be?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

4th person zombie rogue like moba

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

half the time in DS2 I felt like I was fighting the camera. I guess that is immersive as in a fight you cant see everything but ungh

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ill try DS2 again over the holidays.

I believe in myself.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stux posted:

use the lock on on most things other than bigger bosses where you'll want to switch between locking on and unlocking due to their size. bigger enemies usually have multiple lock on points so you can usually find one that works for the arena.

some people prefer DS1 as its more open, but its also easier to get lost as gently caress and fight through hard stuff only to discover its too early to go there.

I have both on the PC and a exbox controller. I was attempting 2 because I thought it had slightly battery QOL improvements and was a better port?

Also getting Madden 2015 for the PS3 to play with my 8 year old son. I am pumped. Hes finally getting old enough to play games pretty well.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

WoW's recent expansion is very good and fun.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

what was wrong with Destiny? I was thinking about getting it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

hubris.height posted:

boring. consider the fact that this is coming from someone who spends a lot of time playing jrpgs and i think you can grasp the gravity of the situation.

the only reason that you should consider getting it is if you want an mmorpg on your consoles that uses guns instead of swords, and chest high walls instead of healers.

I detest the trend that is getting rid of healing.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah it's nice to chat w/o having to deal with megathreads.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Alain Post posted:

Did Diablo 3 get good at some point? I played it on release and I don't want to get trolled into playing it again unless there were significant improvements.

yeah it is pretty great now. Def try it again.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

D3 was fixed before the expansion hit. BUt yeah, it is really good after the expansion.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm not even going to try gta5 because the idea of playing three dudes seems lame? Am i crazy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The best part of ME is the fat tali avatar.

Fetish efficient.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

RIP

Snakes n cakes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I've always wanted to play a game where I could be a space trucker and then Maybe level up to be a blockade runner.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You motherfuckers are making me want to do me1 thru 3 again

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can't remember , will the origin me3 find your steam me 2 saves?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just used the vent faq from the me2 op.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Prison Architect is OK. Not fantastic, but pretty OK.

I wish it had a system where it paused on events. Maybe it does.

Prisoner cancels job: interrupted by Forgotten Warden.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Adam Bowen posted:

Everyone seems to be forgetting Microsoft's gaming machine, the Xbox One

THat came out in like 1997 right?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

They are pretty good at streaming net flix.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Has any recent war game at least partially presented the force opposing America in a positive light.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I was just wondering. I do not like wargames at all really.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What's an art game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Did anyone list titanfall as their goty.

• Locked thread