Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
The one thing I always found hilarous about the Metroid 3D games is how they always try to find an excuse for Samus to lose her upgrades.

I forgot which Prime game did it but Samus literally just smashes against a wall and all her upgrades go down a vent/chute/gutter.

As for favorite Metroid game? Super Metroid is 1st but Metroid 2 is a close second. I mean most gameboy games were pretty poo poo, but M2 was a really great game for it's time. I mean considering how small the memory was on the GB, the fact we got a game very similar to the NES game was a miracle. Yeah no map and all but I did like that considering it felt great when you found a new area.

Kinda weird how that's the only game we see the evolved forms of Metroids and not many other games try it.

Fusion I love and hate. I love it because SA-X made you feel like you were in a horror story. Just seeing her made you go poo poo poo poo poo poo poo poo. Didn't help you had the same weakness of the metroid so seeing the ice beam being used against you sucked.

Hate it because of Adam (not because of Other M) I always felt that he was a drat hindrance. You always had to talk to him to proceed. So the game felt a little hand holding/linear with that aspect. Apart from that great game.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Bass Bottles posted:

Also I haven't played it but people love the Resident Evil 4 port with Wiimote controls and that game is always fun.

RE4 on the wiimote is a god send. Made aiming easier, etc.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

exquisite tea posted:

I freaking love video games, and posting about video games and making jokes. It genuinely surprises me that many Games posters who presumably do the same thing as me for 12+ hours a day post insanely negative stuff all the time about how terrible games are. To me, they are all pretty good and I'm thankful to be living in a time period in human history where the coolness of video games has been realized, and I think we can all agree that the only truly bad games are Dark Souls and Obsidian's entire catalogue.

Get out. Ban this poster.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I hope Cali goons like myself don't get hit too hard by the flood. Granted where I live in Cali, flood shouldn't reach here but yeah stay safe Cali goons.

Might be a good time to whip out the handhelds in case the flood causes power outages. :v:

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Pffffffft, love you guys. :v: But yeah it hasn't bee too bad. I haven't seen the 60 mph winds apparently that are suppose to be hitting. Just alot of rain.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

The Kins posted:

I took a long time to bother trying Dark Souls 1 because the fanbase around it really turned me off. Same thing with Everything Platinum Games Does.

Kind of a dumb/petty reason. I mean think the Dark Souls fanbase is probably one of the worst.But letting a fanbase dictate why you don't want to play it is silly.... But at the same time I can't blame you considering the git gud scrub mentality the fanbase has. :v:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Ddraig posted:

Dark Souls is good but the 'git good scrub' stuff is pretty obnoxious. There are plenty of obnoxious, stupid things that no amount of prep can really prepare you for. Like those assholes with the blowpipes in Blighttown. If you don't know about them, you will die, and you will probably not figure out why for quite some time.

You don't even know the half of it sometimes when I get a little irk when people go oh that boss? Feh what a joke. :smug:

It's like yeah good on you you are better than me, shut the hell up.

And yet I say, try Demon Souls if you haven't as well, that was what made me got into the series. I can't wait for Bloodborne.

edit: Ah kudos for trying out the series anyways.

• Locked thread