Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

I hear a lot of love for the yakuza but I know nearly nothing about it, I'll make a note to check it out.

Here's a good description someone posted on the Yakuza thread

quote:

"Yakuza 4 is a heavily plot-driven game about four men, the woman that connects them, a twenty-five-year-old murder mystery that nobody thinks is a mystery, a hundred billion yen in cash, and a city where fifty percent of the population are muggers and one hundred percent of them are about to have their teeth kicked in."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins and it surprised me that it took the videogame industry until 2009 to have a gigantic aspie murder an entire family because someone took his toys. Then having him be one of the good guys. Also like that every insulting european stereotype is present and on display.

It's a fun game is what I'm saying.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Adam Bowen posted:

I've only played the first Dragon Age but the combat in that game was trash and nowhere near as good as infinity games

After Dragons Dogma, every non-turn based rpg combat seems bad and boring to me.

Also, how to win in Dragon Age: Casta mana clash > cast storm of the century > done.

• Locked thread