Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I bought the Metroid Prime trilogy and played through the first game and while it was a lot of fun I got frustrated toward the end. Having to fight the same space pirates over and over was kind of annoying. Now I'm afraid to play MP2 because people say it's a lot more combat focused. But I will probably still try it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

alcharagia posted:

Prime 2 is a lot more combat focused but its enemies are also more interesting and more fun to fight most of the time, Rezbits and Ingsmashers especially.

That said, fuuuuuuck Grenchlers.

Cool. I liked the combat, I just didn't enjoy fighting the space pirates because it was really repetitive and took a little too long(?)

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Awesome! posted:

i am buying a wii u next week. I never had a wii. besides the mario galaxy games, what wii titles should i look out for? I already have donkey kong country returns on 3ds and okami on ps3.

If light-gun games sound fun to you there are a few of those, like House of the Dead overkill and that one where you rescue the president. Especially fun with local co-op.

Also I haven't played it but people love the Resident Evil 4 port with Wiimote controls and that game is always fun.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Added everyone itt and i am steamedsalmon if anyone else wants to add me. I don't do too much Steam gaming right now tho because I'm on a MBP lol

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

TheHoosier posted:

I want more 2D platformers for this gen. Rayman Legends/Origins is loving amazing. New tech doesn't have to mean balls out 3D with lovely concrete and paper spectators. Sega Saturn and PS1 had incredible 2D games, as well as PS2. Shattered Soldier comes to mind immediately. The Strider remake. Ducktales. I haven't played it but Guacamelee gets love for being a Metroidvania, obviously people still like that poo poo.

Peach's final smash in the new Wii U Smash Bros is animated sort of like Rayman Origins and I want a whole game of that really bad.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Gyre posted:

On mac, boot up a unity game that boasts controller support. Turns out it only supports the PS3 Dualshock for macs AND doesn't allow you to change the controls, which might solve the problem. I boot up my gamepad mapping program, which has worked for every finicky game so far, only to find that the game overrides the keyboard mapping with the useless controller input.

I just want to play this drat game with a controller, is that so hard to ask?

Start game, disconnect controller, reconnect controller.

This worked for me when I had a similar problem with The Walking Dead Season 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

chumbler posted:

I think the better question is what the next big buzzword will be. I'm thinking "verticality" is probably due.

"Procedural generation"

• Locked thread