Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

He was also caught cheating. In fact, it wasn't the laptop incident that got him expelled. He was caught cheating and before they could expel him he quit and went to Blinn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5783051

I really don't even judge Cam for cheating; college athletics are a farce and no one should expect athletes of that caliber to study all day. The whole drat thing is a joke.

If he stole the laptop then that was pretty poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

I really don't even judge Cam for cheating; college athletics are a farce and no one should expect athletes of that caliber to study all day. The whole drat thing is a joke.

The way in which he cheated is the more worrying thing. Like, how could you do that and not expect to get caught...

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Separation of minor league sports and school imo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

The way in which he cheated is the more worrying thing. Like, how could you do that and not expect to get caught...

I'm not familiar with the situation, so I'll withhold judgment there. Bad cheating us pretty funny though.

Volkerball posted:

:hfive:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Volkerball posted:

:agreed:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Volkerball posted:

Definitely agree

Remember when UF was going to cut a million dollars and eliminate their computer science department and the football program coincidentally had their budget increased by a million?

Good times.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

swickles posted:

Probably was setup for him by the school/team/hangers on and once they wanted to be rid of him, that was a convenient axe.

Or he cheated, I dunno.

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005
and another cam newton drive ends in a turnover

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Already done that one, try again

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME

Long Francesco posted:

Just thought that one up didjya?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Long Francesco posted:

Actually it ended in four.

Yes, I know it has also been done.

Long Francesco
Jun 3, 2005
man and i was going to blow up twitter with that one :(

canti32
Apr 27, 2008

Fearless in Devotion, Rising to Promotion,
Rising to the ranks of mighty heroes, Fighting foes in every land,

History only tells a story, We are to see your glory,
Stand aside the Reds are coming,
WREXHAM IS THE NAME

Long Francesco posted:

maybe you can do one about how people can watch a special reenactment of the wreck 1pm sunday at BoA stadium

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

The woman had Georgia plates... Maybe there's some humor to be had there.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

zimbomonkey posted:

The woman had Georgia plates... Maybe there's some humor to be had there.

she had to cross that florida-georgia line, had her windows down and cruised right through a stop sign

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
Guys, the other driver was a dude.

Mumble mumble ethics in car crash journalism mumble mumble.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ecureuilmatrix posted:

Guys, the other driver was a dude.

Mumble mumble ethics in car crash journalism mumble mumble.

Hey, we saw the aftermath of a black man getting into a car crash on national news, and he wasn't even being chased by police. That's progress.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Swerving dangerously. Speeding through red lights. They'll do the impossible to try to escape. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. *crash* Charlotte North Carolina.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Long Francesco posted:

Big story, millions of people on twitter, likelyhood of getting in on the ground floor of that joke a day and a half after the incident? Good luck there!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Boom crash
The sound of my truck
The wreck goes on and on and on and on and
Boom crash
You're breaking my back
Roll over me roll over me me now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

He was also caught cheating. In fact, it wasn't the laptop incident that got him expelled. He was caught cheating and before they could expel him he quit and went to Blinn.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5783051

yesss post more butt hurt reports of cheating that came out two years after he left florida.

"we're covering up for literal murderers here, and Chris Rainey was constantly texting women that he was going to rape and murder them, but cheating? Not at the University of Florida!"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

FizFashizzle posted:

yesss post more butt hurt reports of cheating that came out two years after he left florida.

"we're covering up for literal murderers here, and Chris Rainey was constantly texting women that he was going to rape and murder them, but cheating? Not at the University of Florida!"

Dudes just posting truths.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say Cam would not have been kicked out of Florida for cheating.

FWIW the way I heard this story was Urban wanted Cam to basically redshirt in 2009 so that for one reason or another he'd play in both 2010 and 2011, and the laptop incident was his opportunity. Cam thought that was bullshit, especially considering what was going on with the team around him which everyone knew about. His father also thought it was completely disrespectful (and maybe saw an opportunity to make a little cash on the side) so he got him out. Also he was thinking of declaring after 2009 anyway because someone got in his ear and told him he'd be a first round pick, which who knows.

Then Urban Meyer realized he didn't have a QB on the roster, faked an "existential life crisis," and fled to a lesser conference where he gets to play 9 home games a year.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I'm just going to go out on a limb and say Cam would not have been kicked out of Florida for cheating.

FWIW the way I heard this story was Urban wanted Cam to basically redshirt in 2009 so that for one reason or another he'd play in both 2010 and 2011, and the laptop incident was his opportunity. Cam thought that was bullshit, especially considering what was going on with the team around him which everyone knew about. His father also thought it was completely disrespectful (and maybe saw an opportunity to make a little cash on the side) so he got him out. Also he was thinking of declaring after 2009 anyway because someone got in his ear and told him he'd be a first round pick, which who knows.

Then Urban Meyer realized he didn't have a QB on the roster, faked an "existential life crisis," and fled to a lesser conference where he gets to play 9 home games a year.

How is this possible?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

John Brown posted:

How is this possible?

Because power conference teams don't have to go on the road

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

He has never played more than 8 games at home a year. He's played 7 the last two years.

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

Volkerball posted:

Swerving dangerously. Speeding through red lights. They'll do the impossible to try to escape. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. *crash* Charlotte North Carolina.

Read this in Ron Pitts' voice.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

John Brown posted:

How is this possible?

College football is a joke.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

That is pretty revisionist considering he took a medical red shirt already after hurting his ankle in the first game of the year.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

That is pretty revisionist considering he took a medical red shirt already after hurting his ankle in the first game of the year.

Yeah, the point of the story is urban wanted him there longer and was willing to hold him to a standard the other rapists and murderers weren't held to, which I don't doubt.

But releasing those cheating stories was petty and sec as poo poo.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I've noticed that Carolina Panthers fans who don't like Cam also don't like Obama. Hmm, Makes ya think........

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Chichevache posted:

Football players are used to taking things by force like crab legs and virginities

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chichevache posted:

The laptop thing was pretty cut and dry, he got caught.

The cheating, whatever.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah, the point of the story is urban wanted him there longer and was willing to hold him to a standard the other rapists and murderers weren't held to, which I don't doubt.

But releasing those cheating stories was petty and sec as poo poo.

It was known for a long time that Urban had a double standard. SI wrote a long form on him last year that revealed how big a piece of poo poo the guy was, it's crazy. The cheating thing was widely known at UF when it happened, in fact it was even reported in the local media, it just didn't come to light until later, when everyone was digging for shut like they do with every draft pick. It wasn't some hatchet job by UF like you make it seem.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don't remember him getting busted for cheating but to be honest I wasn't following UF 2nd string QBs in 2009 so i believe you.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

FizFashizzle posted:

I don't remember him getting busted for cheating but to be honest I wasn't following UF 2nd string QBs in 2009 so i believe you.

There was a bunch of news about it during the draft process. Of course, I didn't care, because I thought Gabbert was the best player in the class. :negative:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Volkerball posted:

There was a bunch of news about it during the draft process. Of course, I didn't care, because I thought Gabbert was the best player in the class. :negative:

:barf:

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Volkerball posted:

They do this in hockey and let me tell you it is not pretty

https://twitter.com/ryanwhitney6/status/120533430764191744
https://twitter.com/hallsy04/status/83350753904836608
https://twitter.com/hallsy04/statuses/83351154850930689

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Keeping hockey players off campus does wonders for reducing the spread of STD's. You have no idea what that Canadian accent, politeness, and shredded obliques does to the womenfolk.

I lived with the hockey team and it was essentially the movie version of college. "Hey, who has this girl hooked up with?" "Oh, him and him. Pass." Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Volkerball posted:

drat man, at least I have an excuse for that. I was so excited when Mayock said Gabbert was his #1 QB.

• Locked thread