Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
Am I crazy for thinking I should bench AJ Green vs CLE for Kelvin Benjamin vs TB this week? Joe Haden owns AJ Green....

My Lineup (Starters in Bold)

QB: Russel Wilson vs SF / Tony Romo @ Phil
RB: Alfred Morris @ NYG, Fred Jackson @ GB, Ryan Mathews vs Den, Gio Bernard @ Cle, Isaiah Crowell vs Cin, Dan Heron vs HOU
RB/WR Flex: Odell Beckham Jr vs Wash
WR: Calvin Johnson vs Minn, AJ Green @ Cle , Kelvin Benjamin vs TB
TE: Kelce vs OAK
DST: Denver @SD

Alternatively, I can move Beckham to WR2 and have my choice of RBs or Benjamin to replace Green.

edit:
I guess with Cam's demise, Green is the superior option regardless of how many times Haden has made Green his bitch...

antisocial fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Catfish Noodlin posted:

In a non-PPR, standard Yahoo league, I need to choose between:

WR #2
Mike Wallace @ NE
Jordan Matthews VS DAL
Martavis Bryant @ ATL

Also in a toss up between Matthews and M. Bryant. Leaning Matthews at the moment, will probably play both if Julio is out.

I'm also in the thinking about JFF over Sanchez boat.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Matthews has the higher floor, Bryant has the higher ceiling. I would decide based on how your matchup looks.

eshock
Sep 2, 2004

Reposting for the new page--anybody got any thoughts?

eshock posted:

Not sure about who to fill in my flex spot (0.5 PPR). I'm leaning towards Larry Fitzgerald but worried about it being a Thursday game.

Larry Fitzgerald vs STL
Gio Bernard vs CLE
Doug Baldwin vs SF
Knile Davis vs Oak

(I've already got Charles at RB, just stashing Davis for now but figured I'd throw his name out there if anyone feels real good about him this week)

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

eshock posted:

Reposting for the new page--anybody got any thoughts?

Nobody feels good about Knile Davis unless Charles is cold and laying in a morgue. go Fitz.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Gobias Ind. posted:

Matthews has the higher floor, Bryant has the higher ceiling. I would decide based on how your matchup looks.

hmm It's a close matchup with yahoo projections (lol) less than a point apart and they both play early games so I don't know what kind of points I'll need. Going to roll with Matthews for now, change my mind a few times before kickoff and ultimately make the wrong decision.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
The RB and flex positions are going to give me gas all week long

tl;dr I am considering benching Jimmy Graham for Rashad Jennings and don't feel entirely great about JStew if Deangelo suits up.

.5ppr, 9-team league

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 10, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I could write out the problems I'm having, but that would probably take ages, so instead I'll just say it's a .5 PPR league with big game bonuses and say HELP.

Basically, I have the worst RB situation of all time and the waivers are completely dried up of any reasonable talent. Please help me make the most of this situation. I'm fairly happy with my WR/FLEX setup, I got something halfway decent on the K and DEF streaming front, QB is locked, but RB will give me fits forever. Leaning towards Sankey and Reece, but have no idea why.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Championship for my 8-man league this week. Do I start Matty Ice, Romo, or Tannehill? I was using Tannehill to fill in for Romo when he was injured, Cam's on my roster but dead. Romo and Matty are both available, and I'm leaning toward one of them.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

dxt posted:

hmm It's a close matchup with yahoo projections (lol) less than a point apart and they both play early games so I don't know what kind of points I'll need. Going to roll with Matthews for now, change my mind a few times before kickoff and ultimately make the wrong decision.

I think I would probably go with Matthews too.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Std scoring, no flex

Despite the continual implosion of my run game, I am in semis. Who do I start of:
Jon Stewart
Blount
Herron
Latavius Murray
Rashad jennings

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Nur_Neerg posted:

Championship for my 8-man league this week. Do I start Matty Ice, Romo, or Tannehill? I was using Tannehill to fill in for Romo when he was injured, Cam's on my roster but dead. Romo and Matty are both available, and I'm leaning toward one of them.

Ryan. He has a plus matchup, and the last time Romo played the Eagles he poo poo a brick. Tannehill is not looking good this week. Be as bold and dynamic as Matt Ryan is on and off the field. Start Matty Ice.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Std scoring, no flex

Despite the continual implosion of my run game, I am in semis. Who do I start of:
Jon Stewart
Blount
Herron
Latavius Murray
Rashad jennings

How many can you start? Two?

I'd go Stewart for sure. I'd start Jennings if it looks like he'll be back to his starting role, and Murray if not.

antisocial
May 26, 2004

Only pretending to be the world's worst poster!
Keep it on the down low (down low)
Nobody has to know...
No one has thoughts on sitting AJ Green this week? Am I over thinking this?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

antisocial posted:

No one has thoughts on sitting AJ Green this week? Am I over thinking this?

I've got a similar situation but Sammy Watkins instead of Benjamin. I figure AJ's floor is just a little under Watkins' average. Maybe AJ will overcome his nemesis this week or maybe he will score marginally less than Watkins.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

I would start Green over both of them despite the matchup. He's been a monster lately.

slagmatic
Apr 28, 2004

glowy melty swirling things!
In a standard scoring, ten team league I'm trying to fill a 2nd flex. Can't decide between

Fred Jackson vs. GB or
Latavius Murray @ KC

Leaning twoards Murray because I hear Spiller is healthy now and I'm not sure how that affects FJax usage. But the Raiders are also the Raiders.

In a .5 PPR twelve team, also having a tough time picking between

Mike Wallace @ NE
Malcom Floyd vs. DEN
Chris Johnson @ TEN

for a flex spot. Losing Brandon Marshall put me in a bad way. Pierre Garcon @ NYG is also available as a free agent. I want to use Wallace but I think Revis Island is a real phenomenon, and Tannehill has been crap the last couple games. Maybe they will have to throw a lot?

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

slagmatic posted:

In a standard scoring, ten team league I'm trying to fill a 2nd flex. Can't decide between

Fred Jackson vs. GB or
Latavius Murray @ KC

Leaning twoards Murray because I hear Spiller is healthy now and I'm not sure how that affects FJax usage. But the Raiders are also the Raiders.

Spiller can't play Week 15. Play F-Jax.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

slagmatic posted:

Fred Jackson vs. GB or
Latavius Murray @ KC

Mike Wallace @ NE
Malcom Floyd vs. DEN
Chris Johnson @ TEN

for a flex spot. Losing Brandon Marshall put me in a bad way. Pierre Garcon @ NYG is also available as a free agent. I want to use Wallace but I think Revis Island is a real phenomenon, and Tannehill has been crap the last couple games. Maybe they will have to throw a lot?

I would lean Jackson and Johnson.
EDIT: Forgot Spiller isn't eligible until week 16.

Similar boat, 1PPR, pick two:

Marqise Lee (JAX) @Baltimore
Marquess Wilson (CHI) vs. New Orleans
Harry Douglas (ATL) vs. Pittsburgh
Malcolm Floyd (SD) vs. Denver

I'm leaning Lee and Douglas right now.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Gobias Ind. posted:

I would start Green over both of them despite the matchup. He's been a monster lately.

I agree completely, and will do so. It's just that after keeping AJ for the past 3 years, I've seen Haden squash him every single time.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

Competing in the toilet bowl, and having trouble committing to my lineup. Does this look reasonable? I kinda want to play VJax, but I don't want to rely on Tampa too heavily. Should I start Flacco, despite Eli's favorable matchup?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Reik posted:

Since I'm setting up shop in crazy might as well go with the JFF experiment?

I'm joining you in crazy town. Was vacillating between him and Sanchez, but Cinci defense is reeling, the coach insulted him, JFF runs/scrambles a lot, so chance of rushing TDs, and he's got Gordon at WR who's been housing DBs but getting over/underthrown by Hoyer.

Plus, like someone said in the other thread, you will be able to poo poo-talk your opponent for years if JFF goes off.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Gobias Ind. posted:

How many can you start? Two?

I'd go Stewart for sure. I'd start Jennings if it looks like he'll be back to his starting role, and Murray if not.

Yeah, two. Murray... The raiders are dumb and keep saying he won't be the workhorse.
Really hope Julio plays for me this week, cause I'm going up against Lev bell for the second week in a row. :|

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

.5 PPR, I need a flex and a TE

J. Matthews vs DAL
J. Landry @ NE
I. Crowell vs CIN

Fleener vs HOU
Rudolph @ DET
Cook vs ARI

I haven't made any choices yet but leaning Matthews and Cook. Cook is on the WW and I'm rostering the other two. Help me football pals.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

.5 PPR, I need a flex and a TE

J. Matthews vs DAL
J. Landry @ NE
I. Crowell vs CIN

Fleener vs HOU
Rudolph @ DET
Cook vs ARI

I haven't made any choices yet but leaning Matthews and Cook. Cook is on the WW and I'm rostering the other two. Help me football pals.
I think the PPR format makes it lean toward Matthews. The TE position being what it is, I would ride the favorable matchup for Cook too.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Yeah, after basically Gronk/Graham/Julius, who knows on TE? I've kinda given up predicting TEs on FanDuel and using a bunch of my budget.

Sorry guys, I never got a response on this one...

quote:

Ryan Tannehill vs. NE
or
Johnny Manziel vs. CIN

This should be obvious...right? :shepicide:

To be fair, CIN's defense against QBs is overrated. Who are the only QBs to not hit 20 points on the Bengals?
-Matt Ryan
-Jake Locker
-Joe Flacco
-Ryan Mallett
-Brian Hoyer
-Josh McCown

Otherwise, there's been a few games they've been absolutely torched. Like Big Ben's game last week. 18 point average. Patriots average giving 19 points to QBs.

I mean, the idea is to leave Tannehill in there, hope I win, and see how Manziel does. If Manziel goes off, I use him in the championship game. But, I have to get there first.

89 fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 11, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

89 posted:

Sorry guys, I never got a response on this one...

Ryan Tannehill vs. NE
or
Johnny Manziel vs. CIN

To be fair, CIN's defense against QBs is overrated. Who are the only QBs to not hit 20 points on the Bengals?
-Matt Ryan
-Jake Locker
-Joe Flacco
-Ryan Mallett
-Brian Hoyer
-Josh McCown

Otherwise, there's been a few games they've been absolutely torched. Like Big Ben's game last week. 18 point average. Patriots average giving 19 points to QBs.

I mean, the idea is to leave Tannehill in there, hope I win, and see how Manziel does. If Manziel goes off, I use him in the championship game. But, I have to get there first.

gently caress that, go with Manziel. I'm not serious about this at all, but it's what I'd do. If you have JFF, I feel you're obligated to ride the gently caress out of him, drat the consequences.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

89 posted:

Ryan Tannehill vs. NE
or
Johnny Manziel vs. CIN

-Matt Ryan
-Jake Locker
-Joe Flacco
-Ryan Mallett
-Brian Hoyer
-Josh McCown

I think it comes down to your opponent honestly. Manziel is obviously a gamble and Tannehill is a low floor type guy.

Manziel could benefit from the weak run D and run for a ton of yards, or he could struggle as a rookie QB against the good pass D. Browns coaches might call a bunch of runs to take pressure off Manziel, or a bunch of passes to take advantage of Manziel's mobility and arm, as well as Gordon. It's anyone's guess really.

If you feel overmatched, I'd go Manziel. If it's super close I would go with the steady Tannehill.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Which TE do I roll with?

Mychal Rivera @ KC
Jordan Reed @ NYG
Kyle Rudolph @ Detroit

Non-ppr.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Enforka posted:

Manziel could benefit from the weak run D and run for a ton of yards, or he could struggle as a rookie QB against the good pass D. Browns coaches might call a bunch of runs to take pressure off Manziel, or a bunch of passes to take advantage of Manziel's mobility and arm, as well as Gordon. It's anyone's guess really.
On a related note, who would you rather flex:

Josh Gordon
or
Isaiah Crowell

Alternatively, I could start both and sit either Ingram or Kelvin Benjamin.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Enforka posted:

On a related note, who would you rather flex:

Josh Gordon
or
Isaiah Crowell

Alternatively, I could start both and sit either Ingram or Kelvin Benjamin.

Similar situation here...
I have to pick 2 RBs and a Flex from

McCoy, J. Bell, Crowell, Anderson, and Gordon.

I have the first 3 in right now because I like their matchups the best but Cleveland is really difficult to figure out right now so I may just play it safe and put in Anderson.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

slagmatic posted:

Fred Jackson vs. GB or
Latavius Murray @ KC

Mike Wallace @ NE
Malcom Floyd vs. DEN
Chris Johnson @ TEN

Losing Brandon Marshall was the most clarifying thing he had done for me all season.

In short, gently caress Brandon Marshall.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

climboutonalimb posted:

Similar situation here...
I have to pick 2 RBs and a Flex from

McCoy, J. Bell, Crowell, Anderson, and Gordon.

I have the first 3 in right now because I like their matchups the best but Cleveland is really difficult to figure out right now so I may just play it safe and put in Anderson.

McCoy, Bell and gamble on Gordon.

.5 PPR, standard otherwise

(WR) M. Sanu vs Browns
or
(WR) Jordan Matthews vs Cowboys

and

(QB) Ben Roethlisberger vs ATL
or
(QB) Eli Manning vs WASH

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I would play Big Ben, WR is a toss up.

Two different leagues with a Fred Jackson question (standard scoring):

Fred Jackson vs GB
Tre Mason vs ARI

Fred Jackson vs GB
Jeremy Hill @ CLE

My thoughts on each one:
Fred Jackson sometimes gets 20 touches, other times he gets 10. They might be behind early vs GB, though GB does not have the best run defense and Jackson still gets a lot of receptions.
Tre Mason has been getting a lot of work (17 or more touches in the last 6 games), but only has more than 10 points twice. ARI is kind of good.
Jeremy Hill has been ok, but hard to tell how carries will be split between him and Bernard.

Alternative; Comedy Chris Johnson option @ bad TEN.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

STL D/ST vs ARI tonight or Baltimore D/ST vs JAX Sunday? Leaning Rams right now. lovely o-line, backup QB, backup RB, Thursday night. Seems likea perfect storm for a surging defense.

Also QB questions..

5 point per passing TD, different leagues

Romo @ Philly
Stafford vs MIN

and

Cutler vs NO
Wilson vs SF

Right now I've got Romo and Cutler in there but am not confident at all. In the league with Wilson I also own Lynch, so I've been double dipping there pretty consistently all season long.

Santheb fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 11, 2014

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

If Julio looks healthy: Roddy White or Sammy Watkins?

Clearly White if Julio is out.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Repost for a new day. Anybody?

timp posted:

Despite having a revolving door of QBs all season I've made it to the playoffs, and I need to go for big points this week to make it to the championship game. Which of these guys gives me the highest ceiling?

Matt Ryan vs. Pit
Tannehill @ NE
Mark Sanchez vs. Dal
Johnny loving Football vs. Cin
Derek Anderson (Cam's backup) vs. TB

It's JFF isn't it.

In this same league (ESPN, 0 ppr) Ellington has left me with a hole in the RB2 spot. Who's the best play?

Latavius Murray @KC
Rashad Jennings vs. Wsh
Andre Williams vs. Wsh
Alfred Blue @Ind

Right now I'm leaning L.Murray in hopes that he'll have a day like the one he had last time the Raiders played KC, plus he put up decent RB2 numbers last week. Seems like an easier choice than trying to figure out what the Giants backfield is going to look like...

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Playoffs?!

.5PPR pick 2 please:

Roddy White vs Pitt
Tre Mason vs Arizona
Vincent Jackson @ Carolina

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Must-win time. Do I have this right? Hill taking more of the carries give him the edge over Morris against Cleveland's lovely run D.

.5 PPR

Assuming Julio is playing:

RB1:McCoy
RB2:Hill
WR1:Julio
WR2:Benjamin
FLEX: Gordon

Bench: Alfred Morris, Harry Douglas, Latavius Murray

Assuming Julio isn't playing, not quite sure who to flex. Help!

RB1: McCoy
RB2: Hill
WR1: Benjamin
WR2: Gordon
FLEX: Morris, Douglas or Murray

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RCarr posted:

Which TE do I roll with?

Mychal Rivera @ KC
Jordan Reed @ NYG
Kyle Rudolph @ Detroit

Non-ppr.

Someone please help me in my time of need.

• Locked thread