Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

RVProfootballer posted:

My order would probably be Ingram, Hill, Stewart, Miller. Stewart has too much uncertainty.

Hmm yeah I'm probably being a little too harsh on Ingram. He hasn't scored in 4 or 5 weeks though, and if the Bengals are serious about featuring Hill then this seems like a game where they should learn from their disaster against the Browns earlier in the year and give Hill 25 carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Gobias Ind. posted:

they should learn from their [mistakes]

Hahaha yeah this happens a lot in football

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Gobias Ind. posted:

Hmm yeah I'm probably being a little too harsh on Ingram. He hasn't scored in 4 or 5 weeks though, and if the Bengals are serious about featuring Hill then this seems like a game where they should learn from their disaster against the Browns earlier in the year and give Hill 25 carries.

I think Hill is a good option too, don't get me wrong. I guess I trust NO to kill Chicago a little bit, and I think Ingram and Graham (:pray:) will have good games. Hill should too, though.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

There's no way I should use Shaun Hill vs Arizona over McCoy at Giants or McCown at Carolina, right?

I mean, I'm not sure which out of those three I SHOULD start, but I don't think it's Hill.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Andre Williams vs. WAS
Doug Martin at CAR

Desperation RB play, my bench has nothing. Or somebody better off the wire.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
do not start anyone from tonight's game except st louis defense, arizona defense, kickers and if you have no one else, tre mason. thanks for reading

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

MacheteZombie posted:

It's looking more and more like DeAngelo is going to sit Sunday so I'd fire Jstew for safe points. If you're looking for a player to go off for a bucket of points hopefully Graham gets it together this week. I also like L.Murray this week but it's riskier.

I was tempted to start Tre Mason this week against Ari until I read the DeAngelo news. Of course JStew will probably hurt himself on his first touch, but we will see.

Thanks. JStew bai

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Leperflesh posted:

Hahaha yeah this happens a lot in football

One can hope...:sigh:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Backed up into the semifinals against the #1 seed. Here is the enemy, 0.5PPR:

I needs to win, obviously. Already lost to this jerk twice :saddowns:

QB: Romo @PHI or Flacco vJAX

Need 2 RBs and a flex:
Lacy @BUF
Joique Bell vMIN
Crowell vCIN
Dan Herron vHOU
Jordan Matthews vDAL

I have James Starks in case Lacy can't go as well if that changes things.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fat greasy puto posted:

do not start anyone from tonight's game except st louis defense, arizona defense, kickers and if you have no one else, tre mason. thanks for reading

I hope you had someone other than Tre Mason at the moment.

The Extrapolator
Dec 14, 2006

Now what the fuck are some of these god damn questions?
First time this year I've called upon goons to make the decision for me.

For RB 2 & Flex
Latavius Murrary
Eddy Lacy
C.J Anderson
Kelvin Benjamin

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

The Extrapolator posted:

First time this year I've called upon goons to make the decision for me.

For RB 2 & Flex
Latavius Murrary
Eddy Lacy
C.J Anderson
Kelvin Benjamin

Anderson, Lacy. But keep an eye on the GB injury report. If Lacy sits, Kelvin.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Bellmaker posted:

Backed up into the semifinals against the #1 seed. Here is the enemy, 0.5PPR:

I needs to win, obviously. Already lost to this jerk twice :saddowns:

QB: Romo @PHI or Flacco vJAX

Need 2 RBs and a flex:
Lacy @BUF
Joique Bell vMIN
Crowell vCIN
Dan Herron vHOU
Jordan Matthews vDAL

I have James Starks in case Lacy can't go as well if that changes things.

Man, I think I'd go Lacy, J Bell and Matthews. That's a stacked team you have to face though. The #1 RB and WR, and the #6 RB. You're going to need some way above average games from your team to compete.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Bellmaker posted:

I hope you had someone other than Tre Mason at the moment.

i don't own him. He was a desperation play I just figured they might get some short fields

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
edit: Never mind, I'm just being dumb.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Meltathon posted:

Man, I think I'd go Lacy, J Bell and Matthews. That's a stacked team you have to face though. The #1 RB and WR, and the #6 RB. You're going to need some way above average games from your team to compete.

I could see the argument for Lacy but personally I'd go Crowell over Lacy due to the matchup. I hate sitting Lacy but these health issues and Buffalo's stiff run D, along with Cleveland's coaches saying they're wanting to reduce the chances for Manziel to gently caress up (read: run the ball a lot), I think Crowell has a bit higher upside this weekend (although West may vulture TDs like he did the last time they played Cinci).

EDIT: And if Starks plays instead of Lacy I'd definitely go Crowell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure I'm overthinking this, DSYS and all, but just want some non-biased input.

My three starting receivers are:

Demaryius Thomas
AJ Green
Josh Gordon

Haden is going to be covering AJ Green (he has owned Green his whole career), and Josh Gordon is kind of a crap shoot with JFF starting this week.

Do I sit either of them for Keenan Allen?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Buuuhhhh, Crowell or Latavius Murray???

Guaranteed workload for Murray, KC should give up a lot of yards, but he's had one flukey amazing game and one heavy workload but unremarkable game. Crowell has Cincinnati's terrible run defense to bust through, plus Cleveland should be even more reliant on the run as they ease Manziel in, but West could easily eat up half the carries and will probably at the very least take maybe 1/3 of them. The only person I'd bench so I could play both of them is Jeremy Maclin, but I am almost positive I'm not going to do that.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Buuuhhhh, Crowell or Latavius Murray???

Guaranteed workload for Murray, KC should give up a lot of yards, but he's had one flukey amazing game and one heavy workload but unremarkable game. Crowell has Cincinnati's terrible run defense to bust through, plus Cleveland should be even more reliant on the run as they ease Manziel in, but West could easily eat up half the carries and will probably at the very least take maybe 1/3 of them. The only person I'd bench so I could play both of them is Jeremy Maclin, but I am almost positive I'm not going to do that.

Latavius' athleticism is no flukey threat - it was on display for all the see the game he ran wild on only 4 carries. The unremarkable game was against the Niners, who still field a stout defense against the run - and he got the rock 23 times.

That said, I just would feel more comfortable with Crowell. CLE is clearly behind him from a coaching and volume perspective, whereas in OAK you never know who they are going to throw out there. I say they have similar games but if you need safe points, go Crowell. If you need to blow your opponent out of the water (like I do in one league with two-week playoffs) then you go Latavius.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
I've seen arguments for and against all three of these dudes and I just don't know, but maybe y'all do! Standard scoring, 0.5 PPR, need 1 flex between:

Steve Smith Sr. vs. Jags
Sammy Watkins vs. Packers

I'm mostly debating these two but it's noteworthy that I have Latavius Murray vs. Chiefs as an option (though I'm having doubts he'll outscore the other two). Is this easier than it looks, aka go with the team playing the Jags?

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Quoting myself

Atticus Finch posted:

ESPN Standard scoring, need a good defense. I have the Bengals/Browns D right now, both teams are playing each other and are unreliable. The Jets/Titans D are available to pick up and they're also playing each other. Thoughts? I'm thinking of going with the Titans D.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Atticus Finch posted:

Quoting myself

I'd go Browns D over Cinci or Titans or Jets, HOWEVER if you don't LOSE points for points allowed, I could see an argument for Titans D based on Geno turnovers OR Cinci D based on Manziel turnovers. Personally I'd still go Browns.

Bobby Cox posted:

I've seen arguments for and against all three of these dudes and I just don't know, but maybe y'all do! Standard scoring, 0.5 PPR, need 1 flex between:

Steve Smith Sr. vs. Jags
Sammy Watkins vs. Packers

I like Watkins better as I think Smith will get a TD in and then they'll just hand the ball to Forsett for the rest of the game. Who's in your other WR slots?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
WR2 0PPR:

Gordon vsCIN
Smith vsJAX

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice

Amergin posted:

I like Watkins better as I think Smith will get a TD in and then they'll just hand the ball to Forsett for the rest of the game. Who's in your other WR slots?

Calvin Johnson and T.Y. Hilton, so they're good. ESPN's player blurb mentions Orton's interceptions the past few games and that Buffalo would be wise to keep the ball on the ground but who knows if they'll actually do that. On the other side, I could definitely see that happening with Smith (and luckily I have Forsett too :getin:)

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Bobby Cox posted:

Calvin Johnson and T.Y. Hilton, so they're good. ESPN's player blurb mentions Orton's interceptions the past few games and that Buffalo would be wise to keep the ball on the ground but who knows if they'll actually do that. On the other side, I could definitely see that happening with Smith (and luckily I have Forsett too :getin:)

Green Bay's rush defense is not HORRIBLE but also not great (so everyone always thinks team will run against Green Bay to control the clock and limit the GB offense's time on the field), the problem is Green Bay's offense forces you to push your offense into overdrive. I can't imagine that when GB is up on Buffalo 28 - 10 halfway through the 3rd that they'll just start handing the ball to Jackson and going "Good luck!"

Watkins is the best target on that offense even though Woods has been great as a team WR2 with Watkins unable to deal with good coverage. You're right though - Orton is terrible, and Orton - Watkins are not Ryan - Julio, so you can't expect the same production as last week.

To me, Smith is a higher floor - lower ceiling and Watkins is the opposite. Neither is a bad play, it just depends on what you want. With TY and Megatron in, I'd say sticking with a safer option isn't a bad bet.

Amergin fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Dec 12, 2014

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Good point about Green Bay's offense, I didn't think of it like that. I guess that's why I ask these things, ha. I think I'll stick with Smith. Thanks!

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Rivers vs. DEN
Or
Sanchez vs. DAL

:shepicide:

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I'm in a fairly standard 0 ppr ESPN league with, importantly, 2 points per ten punt return yards. I need to start two of Joique Bell (vs. Minnesota,) Fred Jackson (vs. Green Bay,) and Darren Sproles (vs. Dallas.) Additionally, I need to start one of Julius Thomas (at San Diego) and Greg Olsen (vs. Tampa Bay.)

Thanks in advance!

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Rivers vs. DEN
Or
Sanchez vs. DAL

:shepicide:

Sanchez did very well on Thanksgiving, I am cautiously optimistic that he will do well again this week.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Farchanter posted:

I'm in a fairly standard 0 ppr ESPN league with, importantly, 2 points per ten punt return yards. I need to start two of Joique Bell (vs. Minnesota,) Fred Jackson (vs. Green Bay,) and Darren Sproles (vs. Dallas.) Additionally, I need to start one of Julius Thomas (at San Diego) and Greg Olsen (vs. Tampa Bay.)

Thanks in advance!

J. Bell and Olsen

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

timp posted:

J. Bell and Olsen

Thanks! Any insight into a second RB?

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

365 Nog Hogger posted:

Rivers vs. DEN
Or
Sanchez vs. DAL

Rivers is safer, Sanchez has more upside. This depends on the rest of your team and your opponent's team, but on the face of it I'd go Sanchez assuming you need to go big or go home.

Farchanter posted:

Bell and Olsen for sure. On Jackson versus Sproles, that's honestly just a crapshoot. I guess I'd go Jackson based on workload... last time Phi and Dal played Sproles only got 32 return yards. Sproles is always such a gamble and recently hasn't been paying off.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
Pick 2, standard scoring:
  • Crowell (vs Cin)
  • Miller (@ NE)
  • FJax (vs GB)
  • Jordan Matthews (vs Dal)

I feel pretty good about Crowell, but not the rest.

I like Miller as a runner, but he hasn't been getting as many carries as he probably deserves, and Miami will probably have to throw a lot to keep pace with the Patriots.

FJax may have a similar issue, with Buffalo forced to throw the ball to keep pace with the Packers. However, he usually gets more touches than Miller (assuming last week at Denver was a bit of an anomaly due to the Bronco's stout run defense).

I'm not high on Matthews because his target numbers have been down the past 2 games, including the previous game against Dallas. I'm worried he's becoming dependent on a TD for a decent fantasy week.

Also, I might need to start 3 of these guys if Lacy ends up not playing or limited. Who's the odd man out in that case?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'd play Crowell, then flip a coin on Miller and Matthews. Miller is a safer floor while Matthews is the higher ceiling.

.5ppr, +2 pts for TDs over 40 yds.
Need 1:
McCoy vs Dal
G Tate vs Min
or
J. Hill @ Cle

and I need a TE
D.Allen vs Hou
or
Donnell vs Was

I currently have McCoy and Donnell starting, but I would like to hear some other people's thoughts on the matter. I will also note I have OBJr, not that I mind stacking two ball catchers on the same team (I also have Hilton).

Edit: Here's a screenshot of my lineup and my opponents:

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Dec 12, 2014

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Need to choose my last WR. Yahoo standard + 0.5 PPR

Randall Cobb @ Buffalo
Mike Evans @ Carolina

I'm thinking Evans. Evans has cooled off a bit but is still seeing a ton of targets and seems to be a favored end zone target. Cobb is very TD dependent and his targets fluctuate from game to game. Also he's going up against a tough Buffalo defense.

Is this the right call?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I'd play Crowell, then flip a coin on Miller and Matthews. Miller is a safer floor while Matthews is the higher ceiling.

.5ppr, +2 pts for TDs over 40 yds.
Need 1:
McCoy vs Dal
G Tate vs Min
or
J. Hill @ Cle

and I need a TE
D.Allen vs Hou
or
Donnell vs Was

I currently have McCoy and Donnell starting, but I would like to hear some other people's thoughts on the matter. I will also note I have OBJr, not that I mind stacking two ball catchers on the same team (I also have Hilton).

Edit: Here's a screenshot of my lineup and my opponents:

No argument here, I'd do the same. I don't know whether Allen is supposed to play more this week, but I don't think you take the chance that Fleener keeps the bulk of the snaps.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Need to choose my last WR. Yahoo standard + 0.5 PPR

Randall Cobb @ Buffalo
Mike Evans @ Carolina

I'm thinking Evans. Evans has cooled off a bit but is still seeing a ton of targets and seems to be a favored end zone target. Cobb is very TD dependent and his targets fluctuate from game to game. Also he's going up against a tough Buffalo defense.

Is this the right call?

I'm leaning Evans as well. The Bills secondary is ranked 5th in the NFL in passing defenses and 5th overall defense. While I think GB will win this one, I'm suspecting another day of peppering Davante Adams to move the ball around the field.

I think Evans has a great matchup this week, in another "WE COULD MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BECAUSE OUR DIVISION IS SO BAD!!!!1!" game and McCown has been just chunking it his way time and time again.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
I've made it to the playoffs, but my last hope for a decent WR is gone with Marshall on IR. I'm playing the #1 team in the league and need a homerun here.

.5 PPR

Pick 2 WRs, 1 FLEX

Latavius Murray @ KC
Reggie Bush vs MIN
Terrence West vs CIN
Bishop Sankey vs NYJ

Doug Baldwin vs SF
Pierre Garcon @ NYG
Cecil Shorts @ BAL
Jarvis Landry @ NE
Kamar Aiken vs JAX

I'm leaning towards Baldwin and Landry, and one of West/Shorts/Aiken at the flex.

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
This probably isn't actually that hard of a pick, but:

Brady vs Miami
or
Rivers vs Denver?

Brady has been the better play in general but Miami sucks against the run and they're getting Brent Grimes back so I could see the pats just running the ball, while Rivers has been up and down but he's up against a much worse pass defense and he scored pretty well against them last time he played them despite throwing 2 interceptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
This league is 1 PPR. Pick one:

Fleener vs. HOU
Olsen vs. TB
Gates vs. DEN

Thoughts?

Also, pick two (also 1 PPR)

Lamar Miller @ NE