Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

illcendiary posted:

This league is 1 PPR. Pick one:

Fleener vs. HOU
Olsen vs. TB
Gates vs. DEN

Thoughts?

Also, pick two (also 1 PPR)

Lamar Miller @ NE
Josh Gordon vs. CIN
Mark Ingram @ CHI
Joique Bell vs. MIN

olsen, joique and miller

here's my problems for this week, both these choices are in a 1ppr league with big play bonuses. I'm a pretty big dog in this game with him having Forte and Le'veon so I need some upside here
TE:
Donnell vWAS
Kelce vOAK
Reed @NYG

Flex:
Hopkins @IND
Gordon vCIN
Lacy @BUF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
Repost, but pick three of these dudes, standard scoring:

Ingram @ Chi
Gordon v Cin
Benjamin v TB

Crowell v Cin

I feel pretty good about Ingram and Benjamin, but I'm having a headache trying to figure out what the Browns will do on offense. Bengals are poor at defending the run. Part of me thinks the Browns are going to run it a lot to take pressure off Manziel, the other part thinks they will be trying to stretch the field to take advantage of Manziel's scrambling ability. Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Somehow made it to both of my league's semis, and I'm facing an uphill battle after starting Mason on Thursday as RB2 in both.... Need some advice on both flex situations.

League 1:

L. Murray vs. KC
D. Moncrief vs. Houston

League 2:

D. Herron vs. Houston
M. Bryant vs. ATL

I originally planned on plugging in both RBs as the safer bet, but now I feel like I need more of a homerun in each league, and am starting to lean towards the receivers. Any advice?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Enforka posted:

Repost, but pick three of these dudes, standard scoring:

Ingram @ Chi
Gordon v Cin
Benjamin v TB

Crowell v Cin

I feel pretty good about Ingram and Benjamin, but I'm having a headache trying to figure out what the Browns will do on offense. Bengals are poor at defending the run. Part of me thinks the Browns are going to run it a lot to take pressure off Manziel, the other part thinks they will be trying to stretch the field to take advantage of Manziel's scrambling ability. Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

I can't justify Gordon over Crowell for myself. Cincinnati is great against the pass and poor against the run. With so much uncertainty about Manziel and how he affects the offense, I'm going to stick with the more productive player recently with the much easier match up. Gordon could have a big day, but I don't think a couple rushing touchdowns and a few long runs for Crowell are too unlikely either.

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Shanahan's offense works well with a mobile QB and back in the day Alfred Morris benefitted heavily as a result. I think Crowell will have a similar situation. Also not trusting Flash until he shows he's back in the groove... no doubt he's a talent but he might not be back in the swing of things just yet.

Of course, because of this recommendation, Terrence West will get 20 carries.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Shanahan's offense works well with a mobile QB and back in the day Alfred Morris benefitted heavily as a result. I think Crowell will have a similar situation. Also not trusting Flash until he shows he's back in the groove... no doubt he's a talent but he might not be back in the swing of things just yet.

Of course, because of this recommendation, Terrence West will get 20 carries.
Yeah, I think the logic is solid, and if Crowell were the clear starter I think it would be a lot easier. But there was a 50/50 touches split last week. I think I am leaning Crowell now, but you can see how this is a huge headache.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Benching Julio. Now what? Pick 2 WRs, 1 RB and a Flex (.5 PPR)

Hill @Cle
Morris @NYG
Benjamin TB
Gordon CIN
Douglas PIT
L. Murray @ KC

Disturbance
Sep 25, 2000

So Juilo is probably a no-go. I grabbed Douglas off waivers but also have Watkins on the bench. Also starting Mike Evans and Josh Gordon. Thoughts?

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

fat greasy puto posted:

1ppr league with big play bonuses. I'm a pretty big dog in this game with him having Forte and Le'veon so I need some upside here
TE:
Donnell vWAS
Kelce vOAK
Reed @NYG

Flex:
Hopkins @IND
Gordon vCIN
Lacy @BUF
I lean toward Kelce as TE, I think he's probably the most talented and therefore most likely to bust out a big play.

As for the flex, I wouldn't get too cute. Lacy is a stud, and has scored in double digits since week 7. Start him.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

the only thing that worries me about kelce is that he isnt really utilized until theyre trailing, and im not sure game flow would see them trailing for too long in this game. and ill take your advice on lacy i suppose, just dont like the timeshare as thats where he was from weeks 1-6 and his production suffered

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
I am thinking Jonathan Stewart is the start over any of the following:

LaGarrette Blount
Frank Gore
Stephen Jackson
Andre Williams

any insight would be great.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Goddamnit, my martavis vs Tate debacle is solved by Julio looking to be out, I guess.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

b0ng posted:

WR2 0PPR:

Gordon vsCIN
Smith vsJAX
Mike Wallace vsNE

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

fat greasy puto posted:

the only thing that worries me about kelce is that he isnt really utilized until theyre trailing, and im not sure game flow would see them trailing for too long in this game. and ill take your advice on lacy i suppose, just dont like the timeshare as thats where he was from weeks 1-6 and his production suffered
The timeshare is a worrisome development, but there are things to not like about Gordon and Hopkins too. Both of those WR's face opponents with strong pass D and weak run D, and they have appealing options at RB. The quarterbacks throwing to Gordon and Hopkins are both question marks too.

Lacy's the most consistent producer out of those guys, and has just as much upside as any of them. Buffalo's pass and run D are equally good, so there's no reason to favor either the pass or the run. I think he's gotta be your guy.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

b0ng posted:

WR2 0PPR:

Gordon vsCIN
Smith vsJAX
Mike Wallace vsNE
Which Smith are we talking about here?

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Yahoo standard 0 PPR 3 WR 0 FLEX, pick 3 WRs:

D. Bryant @ PHI
B. LaFell vs. MIA
K. Allen vs. DEN
J. Matthews vs. DAL

Leaning towards the first 3, but it is possible the DAL/PHI game could be a shootout. Help me get more than 3rd place this year goons.

Eternal Hobo
Nov 7, 2008
I keep going back and forth on Peyton or Big Ben for my qb this week. Did the Broncos just have tough match ups the last few weeks or have injuries really hurt their passing game?

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Enforka posted:

Which Smith are we talking about here?

Sorry, Sr, not Torrey

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I'm in a tough semifinal and need a high-upside play cause I'm projected to lose by a bit. What's the best defense for that? I'm leaning Seattle at the moment.

Chiefs vs OAK
Giants vs WAS
Seahawks vs SF

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5 PPR

I've got Mike Evans @ Car in WR2 and Josh Gordon v Cin in my Flex.

I also have Torrey Smith v JAX, Joique Bell v Min and Desean Jackson @ NYG. Make any changes or stand pat?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Zero_Grade posted:

I'm in a tough semifinal and need a high-upside play cause I'm projected to lose by a bit. What's the best defense for that? I'm leaning Seattle at the moment.

Chiefs vs OAK
Giants vs WAS
Seahawks vs SF

Seattle for sure. It isn't even close, they should destroy SF and the sad husk of a QB that they're trotting out. Next I'd go Chiefs, and finally Giants as the riskiest of the three (though still obviously great). Those are like three of the top five or six options this week, though!

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.

Eternal Hobo posted:

I keep going back and forth on Peyton or Big Ben for my qb this week. Did the Broncos just have tough match ups the last few weeks or have injuries really hurt their passing game?

I would probably start Big Ben because the Falcons secondary is atrocious

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
With Julio out pick a flex, yahoo standard no ppr:
Martavis Bryant @ Atl
Crowell v Cin
FJax v GB.
Harry Douglas v Pit

Leaning Bryant, but he is very boom/bust. Crowell would be my 2nd choice. I think the Packers go up early against the Bills, limiting FJax. Douglas is kind of a wild card, who could do well with Julio out.

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
With Ryan Mathews looking dubious I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation at FLEX.

Boldin @ Sea
Bush vs Minnesota

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Rorobb posted:

Somehow made it to both of my league's semis, and I'm facing an uphill battle after starting Mason on Thursday as RB2 in both.... Need some advice on both flex situations.

League 1:

L. Murray vs. KC
D. Moncrief vs. Houston

League 2:

D. Herron vs. Houston
M. Bryant vs. ATL

I originally planned on plugging in both RBs as the safer bet, but now I feel like I need more of a homerun in each league, and am starting to lean towards the receivers. Any advice?

Anyone want to take a crack at this?

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

i had a dream Eddie lacy ran for 1 yard today. now what do I do it has entered my subconscious

Edit: also jordy broke a big touchdown in my dream. Thanks for reading

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Rorobb posted:

Anyone want to take a crack at this?

If you need a home run I'd probably go with Bryant, I'm not sure about moncriefs usage but either of those guys in the first has good upside and Murray has a higher floor too

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My playoff life is on the line. :ohdear: Need a flex and a TE. NFL.com standard scoring.

Flex

Josh Gordon V. CIN
Giovani Bernard @ CLE
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Kelvin Benjamin V. TB
Jordan Matthews V. DAL

Leaning Matthews but I see some potential in Benjamin. Hill and Bernard seem to be locked in a 50/50 struggle nowadays, and Gordon will have a rookie QB in his first start throwing to him and that worries me.

TE

Antonio Gates V. DEN
Greg Olsen V. TB

Gates is a favorite target of Rivers, and I think Denver doesn't cover TEs all that well maybe?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

My playoff life is on the line. :ohdear: Need a flex and a TE. NFL.com standard scoring.

Flex

Josh Gordon V. CIN
Giovani Bernard @ CLE
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Kelvin Benjamin V. TB
Jordan Matthews V. DAL

Leaning Matthews but I see some potential in Benjamin. Hill and Bernard seem to be locked in a 50/50 struggle nowadays, and Gordon will have a rookie QB in his first start throwing to him and that worries me.

TE

Antonio Gates V. DEN
Greg Olsen V. TB

Gates is a favorite target of Rivers, and I think Denver doesn't cover TEs all that well maybe?
I'd say your flex depends on what you need. If you're just looking to make sure you get a solid 7-10 points I'd flex Hill. He's starting and the Bengals are hinting at leaning on one back(Hill). If you need home run points then I'd stick with Matthews.

At TE I don't see how you sit Olsen even with Cam out. It's almost the same situation as above. Do you need steady points or a home run?

ESPN Standard Scoring. I'm the highest scoring team in our league (4 seed) playing the 2nd highest scoring team in the league (1 seed) and I've got a couple of quandaries.

QB:
Romo @ PHI
or
Sanchez vs DAL

I'm leaning Romo here, but that Thanksgiving game was a nightmare so I'm second guessing.

WR:
White vs PIT
or
Gordon @ CIN
If White were 100% healthy here I'd feel good about this. Did I hang onto Gordon all year just to sit him during my most important game all year?

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
If Julio sits, I need to choose between:

Harry Douglas OR Travis Kelce in my flex, 1 PPR.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

0 PPR, 1 TE spot and 1 FLEX, win and I'm in playoffs:

TE
Julius Thomas vs. SD
Delanie Walker vs. Jets

FLEX
Fred Jackson vs. GB
LeGarrette Blount vs. MIA
Eric Decker vs. TEN

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'd say your flex depends on what you need. If you're just looking to make sure you get a solid 7-10 points I'd flex Hill. He's starting and the Bengals are hinting at leaning on one back(Hill). If you need home run points then I'd stick with Matthews.

At TE I don't see how you sit Olsen even with Cam out. It's almost the same situation as above. Do you need steady points or a home run?

ESPN Standard Scoring. I'm the highest scoring team in our league (4 seed) playing the 2nd highest scoring team in the league (1 seed) and I've got a couple of quandaries.

QB:
Romo @ PHI
or
Sanchez vs DAL

I'm leaning Romo here, but that Thanksgiving game was a nightmare so I'm second guessing.

WR:
White vs PIT
or
Gordon @ CIN
If White were 100% healthy here I'd feel good about this. Did I hang onto Gordon all year just to sit him during my most important game all year?

I'm up against a monster team this week and I'd definitely need a homerun.

Does Pittsburgh even have any CBs who can cover anymore? I feel like CLE isn't going to go nuts passing with Manziel in his first start, and he strikes me as someone who's going to throw a few picks. Personally I'd go with White.

As an Eagles homer I really, really hate saying this but I don't think they'll be able to keep Romo away from Bryant for the entire game this time.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

Flex

Josh Gordon V. CIN
Giovani Bernard @ CLE
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Kelvin Benjamin V. TB
Jordan Matthews V. DAL

TE

Antonio Gates V. DEN
Greg Olsen V. TB

I'd probably go with Benjamin over Matthews. Both have cooled off lately, but Benjamin has had many more great games and is going against a much softer defense. Given how poorly Cam has been playing this season, I'm not sure it will even be much of a step down in QB quality with Cam out. Hill is another good option, though I would probably put him just below Benjamin and Matthews, but there's some risk in assuming the noises being made about Hill "being the starter" are true and translate into a larger share of the workload right away. For TE, it's Olsen, you should not have any doubts about that one.

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm up against a monster team this week and I'd definitely need a homerun.

Well, if you really need a homerun, that sort of puts Josh Gordon back in the conversation. I think it's more likely he has another quiet game than a monster game, personally. But all it takes is two long receptions for touchdowns to have a monster day, and Gordon is the most likely to get that out of your options IMO. Probably Benjamin next likeliest for having a big day, then Hill, only because I still think Gio will be plenty involved, even if Hill gets the majority of the carries.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Dec 14, 2014

TheSean
Aug 6, 2004

Horvath, Janowicz, Cassady, Griffin, George...
Tre Mason's bad game put me in a hole this week. I need a RB, TE, and FLEX out of the following guys. 1 PPR.

Latavius Murray @ KC
Shane Vereen vs. Mia
Bishop Sankey vs. NYJ
Delanie Walker vs. NYJ
Larry Donnell vs. Was
Rueben Randle vs. Was

I think Murray is close to a no-brainer at RB. Donnell and Walker both have pretty good matchups. Is it crazy to start one at TE and FLEX the other over Randle/Vereen/Sankey?

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

fat greasy puto posted:

i had a dream Eddie lacy ran for 1 yard today. now what do I do it has entered my subconscious

That's not a dream, it's a nightmare :argh:

I have to play him if he plays, it's just that hip + Starks + Buffalo is probably going to = :shepicide:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

TheSean posted:

Tre Mason's bad game put me in a hole this week. I need a RB, TE, and FLEX out of the following guys. 1 PPR.

Latavius Murray @ KC
Shane Vereen vs. Mia
Bishop Sankey vs. NYJ
Delanie Walker vs. NYJ
Larry Donnell vs. Was
Rueben Randle vs. Was

I think Murray is close to a no-brainer at RB. Donnell and Walker both have pretty good matchups. Is it crazy to start one at TE and FLEX the other over Randle/Vereen/Sankey?

Donnell has been pretty awful the last few weeks, but at least he's getting targets. I would definitely start Walker and Donnell over either Sankey or Randle. Vereen is the only reasonable option, but I'd still almost certainly go with the two TEs.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001

JoeRules posted:

I've made it to the playoffs, but my last hope for a decent WR is gone with Marshall on IR. I'm playing the #1 team in the league and need a homerun here.

.5 PPR

Pick 2 WRs, 1 FLEX

Latavius Murray @ KC
Reggie Bush vs MIN
Terrence West vs CIN
Bishop Sankey vs NYJ

Doug Baldwin vs SF
Pierre Garcon @ NYG
Cecil Shorts @ BAL
Jarvis Landry @ NE
Kamar Aiken vs JAX

I'm leaning towards Baldwin and Landry, and one of West/Shorts/Aiken at the flex.

Repost from last page - thinking Aiken at the FLEX since I need something big.

TheSean
Aug 6, 2004

Horvath, Janowicz, Cassady, Griffin, George...

RVProfootballer posted:

Donnell has been pretty awful the last few weeks, but at least he's getting targets. I would definitely start Walker and Donnell over either Sankey or Randle. Vereen is the only reasonable option, but I'd still almost certainly go with the two TEs.

Thanks. It looks like Locker will probably start for the Titans, and Walker has had most of his better games with him at QB. Washington's pass defense is also really bad against TEs. With Vereen being banged up and the unpredictability of the RB situation in NE, I'd rather stay away from him.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

My first playoff game ever, with a couple hundred bucks on the line. My opponent started Tre Mason so I'm basically playing 8 on 7 now.

12-team Standard and I've gone with:

Joique over Morris
Gordon over Hopkins
Reed over Miller

Any reason to second-guess myself more than I already am?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

JoeRules posted:

Repost from last page - thinking Aiken at the FLEX since I need something big.

Definitely Murray at flex, that shouldn't be in doubt. Definitely shouldn't waste the flex on Aiken. Honestly, your WRs are all kinds of awful this week. Landry is supposed to draw Revis, but I think I'd risk it and start him. Then... I guess Shorts? Maybe Baldwin over Shorts, but really Seattle should crush SF and not throw too much.

• Locked thread