Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm up against a monster team this week and I'd definitely need a homerun.

Does Pittsburgh even have any CBs who can cover anymore? I feel like CLE isn't going to go nuts passing with Manziel in his first start, and he strikes me as someone who's going to throw a few picks. Personally I'd go with White.

As an Eagles homer I really, really hate saying this but I don't think they'll be able to keep Romo away from Bryant for the entire game this time.

Rolling Romo and White then. Thanks for the confirmation bias!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
4 of my best fantasy performers play Monday night in NO@CHI, need to pick 2 from these 5 for my flex spot, with at LEAST 1 TE picked (but both can be picked too, our flex includes TE):

FULL PPR

Jimmy Graham
Martellus Bennett
Mark Ingram
Alshon Jeffrey

I need only 2, and at least one TE. Help!

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Reposting earlier quandary. My opponent and I are both projected for the same score.

Cervixalot posted:

Pick 2 WRs, 1 RB and a Flex (.5 PPR)

Hill @Cle
Morris @NYG
Benjamin TB
Gordon CIN
Douglas PIT
L. Murray @ KC

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Bellmaker posted:

That's not a dream, it's a nightmare :argh:

I have to play him if he plays, it's just that hip + Starks + Buffalo is probably going to = :shepicide:

i just dont know if i see the pack scoring more than 21 points today, and can see legit downside for lacy which is why im rollin with hopkins

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Pron on VHS posted:

4 of my best fantasy performers play Monday night in NO@CHI, need to pick 2 from these 5 for my flex spot, with at LEAST 1 TE picked (but both can be picked too, our flex includes TE):

FULL PPR

Jimmy Graham
Martellus Bennett
Mark Ingram
Alshon Jeffrey

honestly i would go bennett and jeffrey given these options, you know theyll get the targets. i dont know how much i trust graham with the injury or ingram in a time share

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

FULL PPR

Jimmy Graham
Martellus Bennett
Mark Ingram
Alshon Jeffrey

Hmm, that's actually a lot tougher than it should be. Between Graham, Bennett, and Jeffery, who is the odd man out? I feel like you have to start Jeffery, as he'll get targets and yards. Then, I think I'd actually want to start Bennett since Marshall died. You'd be opening yourself up to a lot of risk if Cutler/Chicago have a bad game, though, so maybe go with Jimmy, who should have a great game too? I don't think you can make a bad choice between those three, but choosing only two is tough!

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Cervixalot posted:

Reposting earlier quandary. My opponent and I are both projected for the same score.

can you post your roster by any chance, lots of variety in these options

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

fat greasy puto posted:

can you post your roster by any chance, lots of variety in these options

Yep!

QB: Peyton, Ryan (took to block opponent)
RB: McCoy, Hill, Morris, Polk
WR: Julio, Benjamin, Gordon, Douglas
TE: Gronk, Kelce
D/ST: Lions, Bills
K: Hauschka

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Sammy Watkins v GB
Golden Tate v Min
Rashad Jennings v Was

Pick 2! Originally I had Tate in but swapped him for Watkins. Now I'm thinking maybe Tate over Jennings might be a better play?

secret 4th option: drop something for Harry Douglas if Julio isn't playing

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Cervixalot posted:

Giants run d is really bad, so I think you can start Morris again... but Washington is horrible and will probably go down big early. Hmm. I guess I'd do: Benjamin, Gordon (though if you're feeling Douglas over Gordon, that's not a bad idea to play it a little safe), Murray, and Hill. Morris for either of those last two is defensible, though.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Since I don't think Julio Jones is starting, should I slot in Mike Wallace or Martavis Bryant instead? I'm up 10 in the second week of my playoff game.

EDIT: I also need a pickup to replace Ryan Mathews, who also looks like will be sitting this week out. Darren McFadden or Pierre Thomas? I could also grab James Starks or someone like Cunningham, Sankey, Taliaferro, Gray, Hyde, etc.

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 14, 2014

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

i agree with rvp about your lineup cervixalot

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Arcturas posted:

Since I don't think Julio Jones is starting, should I slot in Mike Wallace or Martavis Bryant instead? I'm up 10 in the second week of my playoff game.

EDIT: I also need a pickup to replace Ryan Mathews, who also looks like will be sitting this week out. Darren McFadden or Pierre Thomas? I could also grab James Starks or someone like Cunningham, Sankey, Taliaferro, Gray, Hyde, etc.

starks and bryant

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Timett posted:

Sammy Watkins v GB
Golden Tate v Min
Rashad Jennings v Was

Pick 2! Originally I had Tate in but swapped him for Watkins. Now I'm thinking maybe Tate over Jennings might be a better play?

secret 4th option: drop something for Harry Douglas if Julio isn't playing

tate and watkins, jennings still isnt 100% and washington has a good run defense

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Pick 2 (PPR 1pt):

Doug Baldwin vs. SF
Percy Harvin vs. TEN
Kamar Aiken vs. JAX
Harry Douglas vs. PIT

Seattle probably won't be throwing much, Harvin is questionable, Douglas should get looks with Jones not playing, and Aiken is facing the Jags. Thoughts?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Douglas and one of Harvin/Baldwin, but definitely Harry Douglas

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
ESPN Standard Scoring. Need 3 from:

Latavius Murray
Fred Jackson
Kelvin Benjamin
Kenny Stills

Right now I'm going with Murray, Benjamin, and Stills

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

b0ng posted:

Sorry, Sr, not Torrey
In that case, I think I'd go with Senior, I think Wallace will be stranded on Revis Island, and Gordon is facing a tough pass D with a new QB. Torrey's probably going to be out or limited and I'd expect SSS to pick up the slack.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Enforka posted:

In that case, I think I'd go with Senior, I think Wallace will be stranded on Revis Island, and Gordon is facing a tough pass D with a new QB. Torrey's probably going to be out or limited and I'd expect SSS to pick up the slack.

FYI, supposedly Revis will be on Landry. I'd still rather go with Smith Sr though.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Prolly a dumb question, but Romo @PHI or Flacco vJAX?

Romo put up a three point turd last time they played and I really can't afford that this week. He's not gonna be that bad again, right?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
OK, having a bit of last minute waffling. ESPN standard, second round of the playoffs.

Defense:
Bills vs GB
Giants @ WSH

Bills have been great but Giants may be the better matchup. I've got the Bills going for now, but I keep wondering if that's the right call.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

thefncrow posted:

OK, having a bit of last minute waffling. ESPN standard, second round of the playoffs.

Defense:
Bills vs GB
Giants @ WSH

Bills have been great but Giants may be the better matchup. I've got the Bills going for now, but I keep wondering if that's the right call.

I would probably do Giants,

Pick 2 (standard scoring):

Fred Jackson @ GB
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Kelvin Benjamin vs TB.

Leaning Benjamin and Jackson, though Benjamin has had a lot of games where he gets 20 yards and a TD, so without the TD it can be kind of risky. Jackson will get work even if they are down a lot, not sure how much work Hill will get.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 14, 2014

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
Should I start Aaron Rodgers @ Buffalo or Ben Big @ Atlanta?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Pick one to sit on the bench (1 PPR, 6 PPTD):

A.J. Green @ Cle
Josh Gordon vs Cin
Odell Beckham Jr. vs Was
Mike Evans @ Car

It's hard to think about taking Green or Gordon out of the lineup but Green has the worst matchup of the four and Gordon's offense is a big question mark this week.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Chimeric posted:

A.J. Green @ Cle
Josh Gordon vs Cin
Odell Beckham Jr. vs Was
Mike Evans @ Car

It's hard to think about taking Green or Gordon out of the lineup but Green has the worst matchup of the four and Gordon's offense is a big question mark this week.

Probably Gordon, the other 3 have been good and consistent.

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004
TEs are a total crapshoot this season. That said, which one of these guys is least like to give me 0 points this week.

Jason Witten @ Phi
Larry Donnell v. Was

Thoughts:

Pro Donnell:
Donnell is ranked higher by ~3 spots on FantasyPros.
Last game against Washington, Donnell put up 3 TDs. (But this was before the OBJ)
A few weeks ago, v. Phi, Witten put up a single catch for .8 points.

Pro Witten:
The NYG/WAS game has an o/u of ~42 points whereas the DAL/PHI game is supposed to be ~54. Likely more scoring opportunities.

Currently leaning towards Donnell. Could also pick up Cameron who is a FA.

icking fudiot
Jul 28, 2006

0.5 ppr, pick 2:
Josh Gordon @ CIN
Keenan Allen vs. DEN
LeGarrette Blount vs. MIA

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!

Go Go Gadget posted:

Currently leaning towards Donnell. Could also pick up Cameron who is a FA.

I'd stick with Donnell.

Need to replace Julio in 0PPR Std Scoring.

Matthews vs Dal
Edelman vs Mia
Landry @ NE

My WR1 is OBJ. Opponent is starting CJ Anderson and Le'Veon Bell so I'm thinking I need highest ceiling here.

Disturbance
Sep 25, 2000

Pick 2:

Sammy Watkins
Josh Gordon
Harry Douglas

Espn standard

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Evi|Sycho posted:

I'd stick with Donnell.

Matthews vs Dal
Edelman vs Mia
Landry @ NE

My WR1 is OBJ. Opponent is starting CJ Anderson and Le'Veon Bell so I'm thinking I need highest ceiling here.

This is probably the right choice.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

thefncrow posted:

Defense:
Bills vs GB
Giants @ WSH

Definitely Giants. You don't start the defense playing against GB, it's as simple as that imo.

Pain of Mind posted:

I would probably do Giants,

Pick 2:

Fred Jackson @ GB
Jeremy Hill @ CLE
Kelvin Benjamin vs TB.

Leaning Benjamin and Jackson, though Benjamin has had a lot of games where he gets 20 yards and a TD, so without the TD it can be kind of risky. Jackson will get work even if they are down a lot, not sure how much work Hill will get.

Any PPR? I'd probably lean Hill over Jackson if it's standard, but definitely Jackson if PPR. I'd start Benjamin too.

korrandark posted:

Should I start Aaron Rodgers @ Buffalo or Ben Big @ Atlanta?

Hmmm. I could not bring myself to sit Rodgers, but Ben @ Atlanta is really nice. Ben struggled @ NYJ and @ Ten recently, and had a lot of poorer weeks early in the year, whereas Rodgers has almost not had a single bad week. Start Rodgers imo.

Chimeric posted:

A.J. Green @ Cle
Josh Gordon vs Cin
Odell Beckham Jr. vs Was
Mike Evans @ Car

A.J. Green has a decent chance at getting shut down again, so is a little risky. I still don't think I would sit him for Gordon, but I'd think about it!

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Two areas, standard Yahoo scoring:

1 - Rodgers/Brees/Brady - Pick 2
Should I be talking myself out of Rodgers/Brees?

2 - Stills/L. Murray/J. Hill/Edelman/Watkins/D. Jackson/Landry - Pick 2.
I've gotten burned by all of them in the past, but Edelman and Stills are getting the attempts, Jackson and Watkins are feast or famine and I'm not sold on Cincy doing well against that lovely Cleveland run defense. b

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Disturbance posted:

Pick 2:

Sammy Watkins
Josh Gordon
Harry Douglas

Espn standard
Gut says Watkins/Gordon, based solely on attempts alone. I don't like Sammy's matchup, and Josh's QB is going to be a crapshoot.

Disturbance
Sep 25, 2000

That's what I'm thinking as well. It would be more of a challenge if Jones were playing.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Take what I said with a grain of salt, I'm ruling Watkins out of my own lineup.

JiUC
Aug 3, 2004

X-ray reflectivity is a technique used to study crystalline structures. Making use of Bragg's law, λ=2dsin(θ), one can assess the thickness of a thin film by measuring the angle of total reflection, and compar

to replace Gordon:

Lafell
Moncrief
Charles Johnson
Marquess Wilson
Harry Douglas

who would you guys choose? no ppr

Go Go Gadget
Sep 24, 2004

Evi|Sycho posted:

I'd stick with Donnell.

Matthews vs Dal
Edelman vs Mia
Landry @ NE

I think you've got the right pick here for highest ceiling.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Need help picking a WR3. 1 ppr.

Charles Johnson @ Det
Crabtree @ sea
Montcreif v Hou
Marquess Wilson v NO.

Nothing great, I know.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

0.5 PPR.

Rashad Jennings vs. Washington
LeGarrette Blount vs. Miami
or
Jonathan Stewart vs. Tampa Bay

Leaning Blount slightly over Stewart since no Cam probably means a loaded box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
League 1, 0 PPR (8 Teams) - Pick 2RB, 2WR, 1FLX
RB: Mark Ingram, Isaiah Crowell, Jeremy Hill, Jonathan Stewart
WR: Dez Bryant, Calvin Johnson, Demaryius Thomas, Odell Beckham Jr

League 2, 0.5 PPR
Would you start Mark Ingram @Chi or Jeremy Hill @Cle?
Would you start Matt Ryan vPit, Philip Rivers vDen, or Eli Manning vWsh?

• Locked thread