Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

.5 PPR, I need a flex and a TE

J. Matthews vs DAL
J. Landry @ NE
I. Crowell vs CIN

Fleener vs HOU
Rudolph @ DET
Cook vs ARI

I haven't made any choices yet but leaning Matthews and Cook. Cook is on the WW and I'm rostering the other two. Help me football pals.
I think the PPR format makes it lean toward Matthews. The TE position being what it is, I would ride the favorable matchup for Cook too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

89 posted:

Ryan Tannehill vs. NE
or
Johnny Manziel vs. CIN

This should be obvious...right? :shepicide:

To be fair, CIN's defense against QBs is overrated. Who are the only QBs to not hit 20 points on the Bengals?
-Matt Ryan
-Jake Locker
-Joe Flacco
-Ryan Mallett
-Brian Hoyer
-Josh McCown

Otherwise, there's been a few games they've been absolutely torched. Like Big Ben's game last week. 18 point average. Patriots average giving 19 points to QBs.

I mean, the idea is to leave Tannehill in there, hope I win, and see how Manziel does. If Manziel goes off, I use him in the championship game. But, I have to get there first.
I think it comes down to your opponent honestly. Manziel is obviously a gamble and Tannehill is a low floor type guy.

Manziel could benefit from the weak run D and run for a ton of yards, or he could struggle as a rookie QB against the good pass D. Browns coaches might call a bunch of runs to take pressure off Manziel, or a bunch of passes to take advantage of Manziel's mobility and arm, as well as Gordon. It's anyone's guess really.

If you feel overmatched, I'd go Manziel. If it's super close I would go with the steady Tannehill.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Enforka posted:

Manziel could benefit from the weak run D and run for a ton of yards, or he could struggle as a rookie QB against the good pass D. Browns coaches might call a bunch of runs to take pressure off Manziel, or a bunch of passes to take advantage of Manziel's mobility and arm, as well as Gordon. It's anyone's guess really.
On a related note, who would you rather flex:

Josh Gordon
or
Isaiah Crowell

Alternatively, I could start both and sit either Ingram or Kelvin Benjamin.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004
Repost, but pick three of these dudes, standard scoring:

Ingram @ Chi
Gordon v Cin
Benjamin v TB

Crowell v Cin

I feel pretty good about Ingram and Benjamin, but I'm having a headache trying to figure out what the Browns will do on offense. Bengals are poor at defending the run. Part of me thinks the Browns are going to run it a lot to take pressure off Manziel, the other part thinks they will be trying to stretch the field to take advantage of Manziel's scrambling ability. Thoughts? Anyone? Bueller?

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Shanahan's offense works well with a mobile QB and back in the day Alfred Morris benefitted heavily as a result. I think Crowell will have a similar situation. Also not trusting Flash until he shows he's back in the groove... no doubt he's a talent but he might not be back in the swing of things just yet.

Of course, because of this recommendation, Terrence West will get 20 carries.
Yeah, I think the logic is solid, and if Crowell were the clear starter I think it would be a lot easier. But there was a 50/50 touches split last week. I think I am leaning Crowell now, but you can see how this is a huge headache.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

fat greasy puto posted:

1ppr league with big play bonuses. I'm a pretty big dog in this game with him having Forte and Le'veon so I need some upside here
TE:
Donnell vWAS
Kelce vOAK
Reed @NYG

Flex:
Hopkins @IND
Gordon vCIN
Lacy @BUF
I lean toward Kelce as TE, I think he's probably the most talented and therefore most likely to bust out a big play.

As for the flex, I wouldn't get too cute. Lacy is a stud, and has scored in double digits since week 7. Start him.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

fat greasy puto posted:

the only thing that worries me about kelce is that he isnt really utilized until theyre trailing, and im not sure game flow would see them trailing for too long in this game. and ill take your advice on lacy i suppose, just dont like the timeshare as thats where he was from weeks 1-6 and his production suffered
The timeshare is a worrisome development, but there are things to not like about Gordon and Hopkins too. Both of those WR's face opponents with strong pass D and weak run D, and they have appealing options at RB. The quarterbacks throwing to Gordon and Hopkins are both question marks too.

Lacy's the most consistent producer out of those guys, and has just as much upside as any of them. Buffalo's pass and run D are equally good, so there's no reason to favor either the pass or the run. I think he's gotta be your guy.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

b0ng posted:

WR2 0PPR:

Gordon vsCIN
Smith vsJAX
Mike Wallace vsNE
Which Smith are we talking about here?

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

b0ng posted:

Sorry, Sr, not Torrey
In that case, I think I'd go with Senior, I think Wallace will be stranded on Revis Island, and Gordon is facing a tough pass D with a new QB. Torrey's probably going to be out or limited and I'd expect SSS to pick up the slack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

JiUC posted:

to replace Gordon:

Lafell
Moncrief
Charles Johnson
Marquess Wilson
Harry Douglas

who would you guys choose? no ppr
Honestly, I would roll with Gordon. People seem to be panicking on Gordon and saying he's a bust based on a bad game. He's only played 3 games so far, and only one was truly bad. The targets and talent are there, even if the QB and defense are tough. To my mind, he's still a better option than an unproven injury fill-in.

• Locked thread