Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lesbian baphomet

My insult-free feedback is that Ralp should not be giving funny posters 1-week probations, even if they broke a rule. Because by his own admission, he wants fyad to prosper and be good.

In fact, I don't believe he should be allowed to probate people in he first place, but that seems like it would be a fruitless argument to make in Ralp's own home forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qnqnx

ArfJason posted:

I am one of the biggest loving retards on this site, my comedic stylings most comparable to a grieving 9/11 widow, yet you outpace me at such a rate at being a tremendous human being that I shudder to think what demon you made a deal with to be such a homo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

As long Ralp is here, you will never be the gayest.

qnqnx

My mod feedback: close QCS if you're too much of a baby to accept that the mod and admin team is hosed up and most probations and bans here are pure bullshit.

Keg

ArfJason posted:

I am one of the biggest loving retards on this site, my comedic stylings most comparable to a grieving 9/11 widow, yet you outpace me at such a rate at being a tremendous human being that I shudder to think what demon you made a deal with to be such a homo.

My moderator feedback is that you should stop probating people for making jokes

lesbian baphomet

In light of additional probations here since my last post, I'm going to go ahead and make that argument anyway: Ralp should not be permitted to do probations on the SomethingAwful Forums, as he has repeatedly and consistently demonstrated poor judgement and a weak moral character.

lesbian baphomet

Hopefully that didn't come across as too insulting; my intent here is to be purely factual.

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Jokes are welcome if they're not detracting from or interfering with the thread. It doesn't make sense to go into Pet Island and start posting funny political cartoons, or your top 100 favorite puns in TFR. There are even forums on this site where you can post whatever you want all the time, so I don't buy this weird argument that someone can post anything anywhere as long as there's a joke included or even if he or she has just made funny jokes elsewhere in the past.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat
My mod feedback is that Ralp needs to grow a loving skin.

Ralp, the jokes, in making points about the site's moderation, constitute feedback, however coarse.

And why is ArfJason probated for a week for calling out a post that's worthless by your own standards? Is lovely, lovely non-feedback OK if it's about how sexy Ralp is? Is Ralp the only one with the right to disparage it?

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Dec 11, 2014

Rannos22

Everything's the same as it always is.
I think ralp should no longer be an admin also admins shouldn't be able to approve their own probations because it seems to more often than not result in them probating funny posters that make them angry for a week.

PERPETUAL IDIOT

Ralp posted:

Jokes are welcome if they're not detracting from or interfering with the thread. It doesn't make sense to go into Pet Island and start posting funny political cartoons, or your top 100 favorite puns in TFR. There are even forums on this site where you can post whatever you want all the time, so I don't buy this weird argument that someone can post anything anywhere as long as there's a joke included or even if he or she has just made funny jokes elsewhere in the past.

In my opinion, funny jokes don't detract or interfere with threads even if they are off topic. If someone posted their favorite puns in TFR, and all the TFR posters laughed at the puns and thought they were good, why should the poster be probated?

lesbian baphomet

Ralp posted:

The idea is that people who are not probated are able to make more jokes, while people who are not allowed to post cannot say jokes anywhere. So the way for the forums to have jokes is to not probate known jokesters for extended periods of time.

Rannos22

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

In my opinion, funny jokes don't detract or interfere with threads even if they are off topic. If someone posted their favorite puns in TFR, and all the TFR posters laughed at the puns and thought they were good, why should the poster be probated?

Because it's against the rules and they're the cornerstone of this internet rules forum.

client

Legalize jokes

bitch

Breadallelogram

Mod feedback: You've been doing this poo poo constantly and posters are still defying you and none of the QCS threads are what you want them to be. Your punishments are not working.

Vulich the Subtle

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
I get concerned when I see funny posters banned or probated.

My feedback is I think Ralp means well and I wish I could speak to him to perhaps talk him down from the inevitable meltdown from internalizing but not understanding the criticisms of his administration. The bottom line is that I think the best way to administrate FYAD is not through gimmicks, it's through letting funny people post.

PM me, Ralp. I can give you a big ol' lurker analysis of what you can do better because no one's happy right now.

Ammat The Ankh

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ralp posted:

Would you seriously probate a dude for posting puns in TRF?

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lesbian baphomet posted:

The idea is that people who are not probated are able to make more jokes, while people who are not allowed to post cannot say jokes anywhere. So the way for the forums to have jokes is to not probate known jokesters for extended periods of time.

Ok. It seems like maybe the best way to maximize one's joke output is to post them in the appropriate places, of which there are many. Really seems like the sort of project that could benefit from some cooperation.

Breadallelogram

Ralp posted:

Ok. It seems like maybe the best way to maximize one's joke output is to post them in the appropriate places, of which there are many. Really seems like the sort of project that could benefit from some cooperation.

Mod feedback: I've seen you post essentially this time and time again for months, and nothing has changed. Nobody is listening to you. Nobody is doing what you want them to do.

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Would you seriously probate a dude for posting puns in TRF?

I would probably just move the thread somewhere else. It wasn't an example of a probation, just an inappropriate forum choice that came to mind.

Rannos22

Ralp posted:

I would probably just move the thread somewhere else. It wasn't an example of a probation, just an inappropriate forum choice that came to mind.

IMO people should be allowed to attempt humor in all forums even if it is pun based.

trying to jack off

the best place to post jokes in on the something awful comedy forums

stuntwaffle

I wish Starbound was a dick so I could put it in my ass and mouth!
ralp gay. so what

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Breadallelogram posted:

Mod feedback: I've seen you post essentially this time and time again for months, and nothing has changed. Nobody is listening to you. Nobody is doing what you want them to do.

The vast majority of posters have no problem understanding or accepting simple forum rules; the people who have a problem with it are QCS retards like you. Don't ever post in this forum again please.

Sex Robot

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

What you are doing is not working and people just hate you more.

The Flying Fish posted:

the best place to post jokes in on the something awful comedy forums

Rannos22

Ralp posted:

The vast majority of posters have no problem understanding or accepting simple forum rules; the people who have a problem with it are QCS retards like you. Don't ever post in this forum again please.

How would you know this? Was there a poll somewhere I missed where the silent majority all voted that what you were doing was good?

lesbian baphomet

Ralp posted:

What if instead, the entire forums really were a place where humor is acceptable. Can you imagine that sort of scenario? The power to make it happen is still in your hands, if you just allow it to be true.

Also, what co-operation are you talking about? If people post jokes in the appropriate places, then in return you.....? Choose not to probate them since they're following your rules? Go into fyad and ban well-respected posters for seemingly no justifiable reason? Even assuming people upheld their end of this agreement you're suggesting, how would you reciprocate to make that a co-operative experience rather than just a guy who might not hurt people so long as they do what he tells them to

Surprisingly Dope

Lope burgs again
I think everyone should stop trolling.

ChickenOfTomorrow

god damn it, you've got to be kind

*ralp does thing*

everyone: thing is not working

*ralp does thing more*

everyone: ralp, seriously, thing is not working, please stop thing

*ralp bans everyone, wakes up in empty YOSPOS hospital, does thing*

Salt Fish

My constructive feedback is that I think the probation system was a step backwards and that the old system of taking no feedback ever and banning people for any rule infraction was way better. Also I've never seen a group of people as desparately whiny as the posters on the last few pages which I only have read because of my previous suggestion that I wanted to make because who in their right mind would spend time reading the suggestion forum unless they actually had a suggestion to make much less complaining that someone got a probation for a week for calling a moderator gay I mean think about it that is the mildest punishment ever to the point that it is almost absurd to call it a punishment.

Plutonis

Ralp can you honestly point anything that people pointed on the other Mod Feedback thread, either jokingly or not, that the SA staff actually took to heart? Do you still ask to yourself why the general forum user attitude to you and the staff is either dismissive or sarcastic?

Rannos22

Salt Fish posted:

My constructive feedback is that I think the probation system was a step backwards and that the old system of taking no feedback ever and banning people for any rule infraction was way better. Also I've never seen a group of people as desparately whiny as the posters on the last few pages which I only have read because of my previous suggestion that I wanted to make because who in their right mind would spend time reading the suggestion forum unless they actually had a suggestion to make much less complaining that someone got a probation for a week for calling a moderator gay I mean think about it that is the mildest punishment ever to the point that it is almost absurd to call it a punishment.

Gee, I wonder whose alt this is

Oh Long Johnson

Salt Fish posted:

Fag.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

trying to jack off

Salt Fish posted:

it was another poster that was called the fag actually

yeah actually they will

Ralp posted:

It doesn't make sense to go into Pet Island and start posting funny political cartoons, or your top 100 favorite puns in TFR.

I'll accept that challenge

That DICK!

My question/suggestion is why doesn't Ralp just leave for say, three weeks, stop doing everything that he's doing currently, and if the quality of the website goes down like we're told it will he could come back? Surely this damage is not irreversible.

Salt Fish

Rannos22 posted:

Gee, I wonder whose alt this is

I've been here longer than ralph which would technically make him my alt.

pog boyfriend

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

*ralp does thing*

everyone: thing is not working

*ralp does thing more*

everyone: ralp, seriously, thing is not working, please stop thing

*ralp bans everyone, wakes up in empty YOSPOS hospital, does thing*

his hands are tied... some as old as spring i guess.

Vulich the Subtle

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

Salt Fish posted:

My constructive feedback is that I think the probation system was a step backwards and that the old system of taking no feedback ever and banning people for any rule infraction was way better. Also I've never seen a group of people as desparately whiny as the posters on the last few pages which I only have read because of my previous suggestion that I wanted to make because who in their right mind would spend time reading the suggestion forum unless they actually had a suggestion to make much less complaining that someone got a probation for a week for calling a moderator gay I mean thing about it that is the mildest punishment ever to the point that it is almost absurd to call it a punishment.

On the one hand, you have a point that a week long probation is small in the scheme of things.

On the other, those posts are really funny and get straight to the heart of the issue without mincing words.

Ralp, you need to utilize the social concept of reflexivity regarding your administrative style. Our feedback has content, even if you disagree with it! Something is going wrong.

Dexters Secret

My administrator feedback is that Ralp is not improving the forum. He is in fact, doing the opposite of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
I actually made the poll about ralp in GBS a while back and i think about 70% of people wanted him to go away.

• Locked thread