Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut Butler

today... it is the day.... of the offering...
from the sea arises a beast of unknowable anatomy whose presence in this world reminds us mortals that nature cares not for our little lives
it cares not for our dramas, our stories, the meaning with which we infuse and enrich the day
nature hungers
the beast, ever truthful, stands astride the city as a man stands astride a chicken coop, and looks for a choice human pullet, rich in thigh meat
his gaze scans the fearful crowd, the 'offered', myself among them
in a fearful moment, the godlike creature locks his gaze to mine:

an eternity hangs in the air as it makes a choice... it rumbles closer... my breath catches in my throat, viscous like honey.... then it sees......... the hat
frowning, it bellows in a tone more felt than heard: 'MY ANACONDA DONT WANT NONE' - and with a swift action, a nearby callipygian stockbroker is swept up and swallowed, barely a scream escaping the cavernous mix-a-maw
the beast nods slowly, chewing, then turns, leaves, grants us another week of respite

grisly fortune upon me, I doff my cap and look at the embroidery upon it 'there has been blood spilled today', I say solemnly, 'but not mine.'
I remove the hasty plaster of black electric tape spatched onto the letter 'D'
'thank you, hat' - back upon my head it goes - 'thank you'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread