Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 243 days!)

We've had a similar thread to this long ago, and it seems to be lost to the archives. Just to get a better feel for your fellow car nut enthusiast, lets share a bit of our past, present, and hopeful future of automobile ownership.

My first car was a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

* Not actual car picture. Mine still had all of the chrome along the bottom

This was my first car, and it seemed normal to me to have a weak V8 rumble at low RPMs, with mileage to match. What is a turning radius? You mean, you want this to flip the other way? Uhh.. well.. I suppose ANYTHING is possible. I actually drove that tank through NorCal, and even found ways to park her in the late 90s dotcom panflash. CARB wasn't good to her, and eventually she just was sold for a couple hundred bucks to somebody who promised to repair (pre-donk era, mostly).

My most recent purchase isn't even a car. It's a drat truck. 1997 Chevy 2500

* Click for post in "New Rides" before it was vandalized

This is my latest purchase. It isn't a bad truck- and looks drat good for having almost 210k on the odo. It was given the basic redneck tuneup (plugs, wires, ignition coil (was kind of flakey), and some various 'burn the crud off the injectors' means. Runs perfectly. I repainted the wheels, then decided to plastidip them since I started dipping the trim (so it would match). Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Someone tried prying the door open and caused a bit more damage to it. I've got it mostly taken care of, but I just don't really feel like doing anything when it is 30 degrees outside.

Dream car:

1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 W-30

You can take the boy out of the woods, but you can't take the woods out of the boy. :banjo: It drives me crazy that these were affordable in the 90s (when I had no money), and have gone about 1000% up since then for one that is in decent condition. Hell, when I got the Oldsmobuick above, these were only a few grand. drat IT.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
First car: 2003 BMW 525i. It was my sister's car, and was handed down to me after she needed something less conspicuous to drive around campus in. I don't know why my mom didn't do the sensible thing and buy her a 3 series instead. I almost immediately traded it in for a BMW with a manual.

Most recently purchased car: 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS. Total snoozefest, but I'm having some title issues with my 2011 WRX (as in, I don't have a title and can't get one) so I needed something else to drive around. Since it was babby's first time financing a car, I was pretty limited in what I could buy -- literally, it was the ONLY car on our lot that I could buy.

Dream car: E46 M3 Touring swap, or an M5 Touring, or maybe a 2002 Turbo. I don't know, I'm not that picky as long as it's an interesting BMW. I want a whole stable full of them.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Let's get the ball rolling.

My first car was a 1963 Chevy Impala.

I too had a weak (but lively) V8, though I could squeak out 19 on the highway. Brake failures and worn points were my every day. A/C? What's that? This car taught me the basics. I sold it because I wanted to get out from under the loan I used to buy it, and I wanted the car to get treated in a way I couldn't afford to . The new owner is restomodding the car.

My most recent car is a 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe.

I have a dream of traveling the country in a classic car, and I am always looking for that car that just speaks to me. I had been craving something alien to my notions of what a car is, and this Plymouth definitely fits that desription. This one appeared to me on Ebay for a mere $2025. I won the bid, and went to Tennessee to retrieve it, despite having no knowledge of the car's condition, history, or how to drive a manual transmission at all. Took about 25 minutes to figure it out, drove it about 400 miles before the charging system betrayed its failure to me. I did get it home though. It drives very well, especially considering the odo reads 96,000+ but some of the problems to be addressed are: Body rust, mild frame rust, original bias ply tires, excesssive blow by, possible bad generator, tail lights and gauges, leaky fuel tank, suspension, and the linkage to the gas pedal needs to be adjusted so it doesn't hang up. Motor and Transmission are solid though, and hey, the tube radio still works!

As for a dream car? Man, I think after the run of slow cars I've had, I'm seeking a muscle car next. Might be new, might be old, but I feel the itch for more power and smoky tires. That new Hellcat Challenger looks pretty nice...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
First car? 1986 Subaru DX Hatchback

Recently Purchased Car? 2002 Volve V70XC

Dream Car? Audi Quattro S1 Sport

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008
1982 Datsun/Nissan Maxima 5 speed, RWD, loaded, rusted to poo poo, $500, lasted 2 years.
2015 Mazda 6 Touring, it's better than any other midsize sedan in the $25k range.
1969 Camaro fully done up Pro Touring style.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
1981 cutlass supreme. 307 slow as a tank. took out many fence poles and allowed a young dude to get lucky somewhere not at home. Thank you bench seats.
1997 accord. boring broken boring
1988 thunderbird turbocoupe.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
first: 92' VW fox
last: 92' Mercedes 190e
Dream car: Series Rover or RRC(which I've owned 4 of).

I've had 57 cars, 1 bus, and 6 bikes. I have problems...

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
First: '72 Nova sedan
Most recent: '71 Nova sedan
Dream: Changes nearly daily. It tends to come back to some flavor of muscle car with a high revving V8, six speed, and full pro touring chassis.

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
First: 72 super bug w/fiberglass rolls Royce hood
Most recent: 2008 Saab 9-5 wagon
Dream car: 2009+ Maserati Quattroporte
Fun to dream anyway.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
First: 1990 Honda Civic hatchback. Unfortunately don't have any pictures that don't include my goony rear end fixing it, but I had a lot of fun with that car. It was taken from this world too early at 21 years old by the tinworm.

Most recent: 2003 Subaru WRX wagon:

Both the best car, and the least reliable car I've owned to date. Lesson for life: no matter what it looks like, a used turbo car has been beaten on and badly maintained. Soon to be replaced as most recently bought with a 2015 WRX (Arrives in the US this weekend! Only a couple more weeks of waiting and I won't have to commute in the aroma of fresh gas and hot oil!)

Dream Car: 1967-1971 TVR Tuscan V8:

Modern cars that work reliably and don't try to kill their owners are far too boring.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
First Car: 1996 Volkswagen Jetta
Most Recently purchased car: 2010 Volkswagen GTI
Dream Car: Porsche 918, but more realistically a Boxster/Cayman within the next 2-3 years. :)

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

First car: 2002 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS

Most recent: 2003 Subaru Legacy L SEP

From this:

To this:

Dream car: same lovely 2002 Impreza 2.5RS, but with more of a budget to do more races

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
First: '01 Cavalier

Latest Purchase: '97 Miata

Dream Car: Alfa Romeo Montréal. I have brain troubles.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

cursedshitbox posted:

I've had 57 cars, 1 bus, and 6 bikes. I have problems...

Sounds pretty good to me.

First car : 1978 Toyota Corolla with a wheezy 1.2l engine

Last car : 2010 Holden Commodore V8 SSV with a distinctly NOT wheezy 6 litre engine

Dream Car : Ferrari F40.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
First Car: 2000 Buick LeSabre. AC broke, windows broke, had only a tape player, but goddamn that thing was built like a tank. I firmly believe you could submerge it in the ocean like what Top Gear did to that pickup and it would still run without an issue. Got all of my accidents out of my system with that car.

Most Recently Purchased Car: 1986 Nissan 300ZX with a turbocharger. Finicky electricals, but goddamn, this thing is a blast to drive.

Dream Car: Lotus Elise.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
1st car: 1983 Datsun 280zx, non-turbo, 5 speed. Shouldn't have sold it, it was in too good of shape.

Newest purchase: not including a parts car, 1998 540i 6 speed. Fun to drive, stupidly well equipped, leaks almost every fluid (less so now), and looks like a grampa car. It's begging for an exhaust and m5 bumpers.

Dream car? Pfff. I can't narrow it down. I have a big bucket list of cars I WILL own. Attainable? 1989 Porsche 911 turbo guard's red, 6 speed manual. Or a Mercedes 560sec with amg bits and a manual swap.

Why I should start playing the lottery: Pagani Zonda Cinque or a Ferrari F40 Competizione would tickle my fancy.

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007
First car: 1981 Volvo 245. What Volvo people don't tell you is that 240s are only reliable after you replace everything, including the drivetrain. This is how I learned.

Latest purchase: 2000 Volvo V70R. It needs some work but 260HP is a lot of fun in this chassis.

Dream car is a BMW Z4M, roadster or coupe.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum
First: Hand me down Peugeot 504 or a Lancia Beta the first car i bought.

Most recent: 2006 BMW 530xiT; haul that baby, sit in that traffic.

Dream: I dunno but I think a Morgan +4 would keep me entertained for a while.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

First car: 1992 Dodge Dakota LE. 318 V8, 4wd, extended cab. It was loud, and a hand-me down from my parents that I bought for the cost of fixing it up and getting it running, which ended up being about $80. I loved that truck, but totalled it out after 2 weeks of owning it because the back tires were worn out and, me being an idiot, I never checked them. Went to drive to my friend's one night, was taking it easy because it was raining, but I still lost control and rolled it after hitting an embankment. I miss that drat truck every day :(

Most recent: 2001 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

I always post about it, it's my baby. Probably gonna make some people laugh, but a retired police cruiser has always been a dream car of mine. There's something I really like about them, and I genuinely think the Whale generation of Vics look pretty good. I'm pretty sure watching Blues Brothers so much as a teenager is what convinced me I had to own an old cop car one day.

Dream car: Really hard to settle on just one. Buick GNX, Buick GSX Stage 3, GMC Typhoon, Porsche 997 GT3 RS, Chevy Monza Spyder... There's a fuckton I'd love to own. Most practical? I want a short bed, single cab, V8 Dakota of the same generation as my old one.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
First car I drove: Mom's 2003 VW Passat
First car I bought: 1983 Toyota Pickup that my dad ended up stealing from me kinda
Most recent car: 1991 BMW 318i. This car will be the death of me and my wallet, but my corpse will hopefully have a decent car.
Dream car: BMW 2002 or 2000CS, maybe a Bavaria. OLD UND BAVARIAN is the guiding theme. Maybe a Datsun 510 wagon, too.

Sinestro fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 11, 2014

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
First: 1978 Holden Torana. It felt fast at the time, but now I realise that feeling was just terror.

Latest: Fiesta ST. For this point in my life, this feels like the perfect daily drive for me

Dream: A single dream car is hard to come up with, but a Singer 911 sure would be nice

sadnessboner fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 11, 2014

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
First car is a hand-me-down 94 Honda Accord with 116k miles from my mom in 1998.

Actual pic of the car with my old '98 era digital camera. Check the sweet hood bra.

Most recent purchase is a '99 Grand Cherokee 4x4 V8. (still have my '14 Fiesta ST)

There are a lot of dream cars, but the one I always fall back on is a 68 Charger R/T

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
First car: 1987 Volvo 240.

It's a bit up there in years and miles. The odometer seized sometime before I got it at 159,000 miles. Previously owned by a man who drove ships in Vietnam. It ran fine, it continues to run fine, and it has never left me stranded. Still in the family, and being driven by my dad. Has some sort of old aftermarket exhaust that makes it quite a bit zippier in the low end than it has any right to be. Crumpled slightly by a hit-and-run driver, but it adds character (or so I tell myself).

It took me safely on an adventure on a windy mountain road in a windstorm that involved having a friend hoist fallen trees up and then me driving under them. It makes squealing noises if you take a very sharp curve at 45 mph. It's not a sports car, but I drove it sort of like one and imagined it was one.

Current car: 1994 Volvo 940 Turbo.

I bought this while planning a road trip. I took said road trip 3 months later and it performed admirably until I took it up to 110 mph at which point the previous owner's ill-advised "boost controller" consisting of a hole poked in a section of tube stuck in the wastegate hose made itself apparent in the form of the EGR pipe blowing off of the exhaust manifold. I limped from Tonopah to Las Vegas to Bakersfield back to the Bay Area, keeping it out of boost and dreading what I thought was horrible (rod or detonation) knock or a damaged turbo.

It hasn't left me stranded, but it wasn't very well maintained, so it's had significant downtime while I diagnose and repair or replace the EGR tube and the water pump and the heater hose and the brake pads and the brake rotors and the oxygen sensor and the crank position sensor and the coolant temperature sensor and the turbo coupler hose and the vacuum hoses and (soon) the fuel pump and the transmission mount.

I added sway bars and fancy tires and can drive it like a bat out of hell (or so I tell myself, never having driven a car with more than 200 hp).

Dream car: Volvo 850 Turbo or T5-R or R wagon daily driver, with a side of Volvo 242 Turbo project. ENTIRELY COINCIDENTALLY I have had both of these bought out from under me in the past week. :smithicide:

One is practical, gets good gas mileage, holds plenty of groceries, doesn't stand out, and you can sleep in it on road trips. It also happens to be very fast, (it will smoke most other things on the road given nothing but an ECU reflash), and handles quite well with not too much modification.

The other one is an impractical turbo coupe from the 80s that was built as a homologation special (although almost none of them actually got homologation equipment, except the ones in the front row when they showed them to the FIA inspectors). It's fast, handles decently (much better with not too much modification), surprisingly lightweight for a brick, looks amazing, and it has mechanical fuel injection.

Edit: I'm sensing some sort of trend in my car choices here

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE
First car was a hand me down from my Grandmother. A 1980 something Buick Centry. Being as I was 18 I prompty wrecked that car and ended up driving a 1985 Caprice Wagon for most of my living-at-home-poor years.

The most recent car I bought is this guy (stock). A 2001 Mazda Miata. I'll be running it in PTE next year.

Current dream car?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
First car was a crappy notchback '89 240 like this:

Current car:

Dream car:

(here's hoping Chrysler pulls through on that one)

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

First car was a pickup: 1980 Ford F-150 Ranger XLT (back when Ranger was an option package). 351M, C6 auto, 9" rear. Standard cab, long bed. I have a picture somewhere. Options were digital clock (which even had a trip timer!), a/c, automatic, leaking heater core, AM/FM/cassette stereo, and this fancy steel cover on the tailgate that covered the normal embossed Ford logo. Baby diarrhea brown with tan two tone.

Current car

2006 Saturn Ion 3, quad coupe, 5 speed manual. The only option it has on top of the standard 3 features is OnStar (inactive), though that may have been standard on the 3. I've swapped the OnStar mirror for one from a non-OnStar car that still has the compass, auto dimming, and outside temp. Bone stock when I got it, now has a Pioneer Bluetooth + HD Radio head unit, original speakers (the fronts are actually decent coaxials), cheap Crunch amp, and a 12" Polk sub in a sealed box. Also swapped the original fog bulbs for (stock wattage) yellow bulbs. Purchased with 68k, currently at 106k.

Dream car at the moment: 73 Chevy Nova coupe hatchback with a modern LSx engine, either manual transmission or an auto matching the LSx with a shift kit, working a/c and heat, 4 wheel disc brake swap, and otherwise completely stock or restored to stock in terms of the body and interior (aside from maybe a slight drop). Finding a hatchback is like finding a unicorn though. The hatch was only available for 73-74, and I don't like how the 74 looks. It would be a daily driver. Probably have to do some subframe reinforcements to handle even a stock LSx.

Growing up, my best friend had a 73 Nova coupe (non-hatch) with a beefed up 350 (no idea what all was done to it, but it ran mid-high 12s in the 1/4 mile when it could actually get traction), TH350 with a shift kit, no idea what was done to the rear end, factory a/c, original body/paint (this was in the early 90s, paint and trim were all original, and all in decent shape), and it had a freshly redone interior when he bought it. It had all of this done when he bought it; the only thing he did to it was add a modern (for the time) stereo, mounted to the bottom of the dash, and toss new speakers + sub in. Left the original radio in to keep the dash from being hacked up.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
First: 2003 Mini Cooper S
Most recent: 2002 Honda S2000
Dream: FD RX7 (aside from S2K)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
First car: 1986 Celica GT

Latest purchase: 1996 855 Turbo (sorry, atomicthumbs)

Dream car: loving impossible to nail down, but I'd love to have a ST165 Celica AllTrac/GT4 some day.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I think I will be the dork with the trifecta:

First car: Volvo 122s

Most recent purchase*: Volvo 122s

Dream car: Volvo 122s (Same car, slowly morphing into dream car)

I've always told people that I was pretty lucky to have my dream car as my first car. And I'm literally a couple hours labor away from starting my engine swap thread, it's killing me. I promised myself I wouldn't start it till the old motor was out, so as not to blueball y'all with a lame false start.

*My C70 does not count because it was simply an involuntary replacement of my previous identical C70.

LloydDobler fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Dec 11, 2014

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
First car that I purchased and owned for any amount of time was a an 89 240SX that I rallycrossed and beat the unholy piss out of. I was about to do a 5.0 swap when I lost my job in 2010 :(

Most recent purchase is my 2014 Mazda 3. Great chassis :unsmith: great on gas :unsmith: no power :smith:

I have a bunch of dream cars, but I really want a 70's Z and a 240SX with a V8 (which is in progress).

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Terrible Robot posted:

Latest purchase: 1996 855 Turbo (sorry, atomicthumbs)

:mad:

Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
My first car was a 2001 Ford Focus Zx3, bought new as a first car. I did a bunch of boltons and eventually turbo'ed it a few years later. No ricer cosmetic changes other than the front plate to hide the hitch stamp someone gave me and the sweet rear end antenna cactus.

Pic before shortly before I sold it

Most recent car purchase would be the miata I destroyed for the exocet since my truck is still a couple days out.

dream car I'm not sure on. I can't fit in many dream cars so I will go with a fleet of random 80's shitboxes with mods. Or maybe a LS swapped 8 series BMW.

Trocadero
Aug 23, 2012
First and so far only car - 2010 Suzuki Swift Sport. Rides is a little rough, because the suspension is very hard, but when I find a nice twisty road I cannot help but grin like a maniac, throwing it around. 10/10, would buy again.

Dream car:

Because who needs sanity when you can have TVR instead.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.
First and last are both Mazda hatches (the only two Mazdas I've owned, the rest were Hondas and Nissans)

First was a 1987 Mazda Familia

(except mine had no side skirts and simpler graphics, same wheels and colour though)

Last is a 2008 Mazda 3 MPS

Specifically bought this shape as I prefer both the interior and exterior to the next model

Dream car I have no idea on - perfectly happy with the little Mazda for now

Llyd
Oct 9, 2012
Welcome to Eurocommieland !
(pictures not mine)

First driven: My parents' Renault Clio 2 Mk1 1.2.

Not even ABS on this one. A revvy little 4 with a marvelously precise 5 manual. I was young and learned a lot. I did a 360 on a highway shoulder with it because of a punctured back tire, saved it with a good dose of handbraking. I never have been prouder after making GBS threads my pants.

First owned: 2007(?) Renault Twingo 2 Mk1 1.5 Dci.

Bought from my parents, family price. The little diesel pushes about 65hp, but the car's light, and the 5 manual makes the most of it. Zippy as hell, practical (let me tell you about the sliding backseats), will cruise at 150-160kph without filling your heart with fear while doing 42mpg. Will do 50+ mpg if not driven by a young rear end in a top hat.

Most recently purchased: Renault Twingo 2 Mk1 1.5 Dci, because :belgium:.
All my cars after the Twingo have been company cars, we get them easily to alleviate our 50%+ tax rate. Can't wrench on them, but everything's paid for.
Current one is a 2013 Audi A3 1.6 tdi 6 manual.

Had an Alfa Mito before and this is way better. If I had one word for it, it would be effortless. Everything works, and it's a pleasure to drive. The 1.6 110hp tdi is quite nice, and surprisingly will start pushing at ~1100rpm, instead of ~1700rpm on the diesels I've driven before.

Dream car: Changes every other day. I'd say a NA Mx-5 with a turbo on top to have fun with, but thanks to our laws, that's unlikely to happen.

Fievel Goes Bi
Dec 8, 2008

First car was a 1973 El Camino (which I miss every day that hunk of poo poo was awesome.)

Current car is a 08 C300 with a stick

Dreams car varies day to day but always comes back to a W123 Wagon worked over by AMG

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
First car: 1994 Saturn SC2

(Not my car, just an example)

Current car: 2013 BMW 335i xDrive with handling package & manual transmission

Dream car right now probably the new Carrera 4 GTS, or a 1965 Corvette Stingray with the factory fuel injection option. Or maybe the new Mustang GT350 we're getting. Or...

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

First car: 2002 Toyota Prius with 120k on the clock. Could get it up to time-travel speeds on the highway, but the backend would get preeeeeetty loose at that speed.

Current (and dream): 2015 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack (9.5 weeks from order to delivery, just got here last week)

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
First car courtesy of my parents was a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville, purple with purple interior. Grenaded the transmission after one too many neutral drops. No pictures because this was forever ago.

First car purchased with my own money (because lol if they were going to pay for another car with the way I treated the bonnie) would be my 1988 300ZX Shiro Special, found hanging out under a tree in bumfuck New Hampshire. Had to sell it a year or two ago as it was just hanging out in a barn back east waiting for me to ship out here. Love love hate loved that car.

Most recent purchase is a 97 XJ Cherokee that has a bunch of minor poo poo that I'm slowly fixing up so we can have it as a funtruck and go camping, currently my DD when I don't feel like taking the SV650.

Dream car? This honestly fluctuates from time to time, but realistically it'd be an E39 M5 or an E30 M3. Preferably a 930 Turbo though.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

First car - this is the oldest pic I can find, probably from 2003 or so:

1970 GMC C1500, now using a LS1 and 4L60E to keep my garage floor from escaping.

Most recent purchase:

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 4.7HO with Quadradrive. Slowly trying to figure out how to actually get around offroad.

Dream car: I have to pick just one? I think I'd have to go with a Singer 911.

• Locked thread