Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
Let's get the ball rolling.

My first car was a 1963 Chevy Impala.

I too had a weak (but lively) V8, though I could squeak out 19 on the highway. Brake failures and worn points were my every day. A/C? What's that? This car taught me the basics. I sold it because I wanted to get out from under the loan I used to buy it, and I wanted the car to get treated in a way I couldn't afford to . The new owner is restomodding the car.

My most recent car is a 1950 Plymouth Special Deluxe.

I have a dream of traveling the country in a classic car, and I am always looking for that car that just speaks to me. I had been craving something alien to my notions of what a car is, and this Plymouth definitely fits that desription. This one appeared to me on Ebay for a mere $2025. I won the bid, and went to Tennessee to retrieve it, despite having no knowledge of the car's condition, history, or how to drive a manual transmission at all. Took about 25 minutes to figure it out, drove it about 400 miles before the charging system betrayed its failure to me. I did get it home though. It drives very well, especially considering the odo reads 96,000+ but some of the problems to be addressed are: Body rust, mild frame rust, original bias ply tires, excesssive blow by, possible bad generator, tail lights and gauges, leaky fuel tank, suspension, and the linkage to the gas pedal needs to be adjusted so it doesn't hang up. Motor and Transmission are solid though, and hey, the tube radio still works!

As for a dream car? Man, I think after the run of slow cars I've had, I'm seeking a muscle car next. Might be new, might be old, but I feel the itch for more power and smoky tires. That new Hellcat Challenger looks pretty nice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread