Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 229 days!)

We've had a similar thread to this long ago, and it seems to be lost to the archives. Just to get a better feel for your fellow car nut enthusiast, lets share a bit of our past, present, and hopeful future of automobile ownership.

My first car was a 1985 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme.

* Not actual car picture. Mine still had all of the chrome along the bottom

This was my first car, and it seemed normal to me to have a weak V8 rumble at low RPMs, with mileage to match. What is a turning radius? You mean, you want this to flip the other way? Uhh.. well.. I suppose ANYTHING is possible. I actually drove that tank through NorCal, and even found ways to park her in the late 90s dotcom panflash. CARB wasn't good to her, and eventually she just was sold for a couple hundred bucks to somebody who promised to repair (pre-donk era, mostly).

My most recent purchase isn't even a car. It's a drat truck. 1997 Chevy 2500

* Click for post in "New Rides" before it was vandalized

This is my latest purchase. It isn't a bad truck- and looks drat good for having almost 210k on the odo. It was given the basic redneck tuneup (plugs, wires, ignition coil (was kind of flakey), and some various 'burn the crud off the injectors' means. Runs perfectly. I repainted the wheels, then decided to plastidip them since I started dipping the trim (so it would match). Fast forward to a few weeks ago. Someone tried prying the door open and caused a bit more damage to it. I've got it mostly taken care of, but I just don't really feel like doing anything when it is 30 degrees outside.

Dream car:

1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass 442 W-30

You can take the boy out of the woods, but you can't take the woods out of the boy. :banjo: It drives me crazy that these were affordable in the 90s (when I had no money), and have gone about 1000% up since then for one that is in decent condition. Hell, when I got the Oldsmobuick above, these were only a few grand. drat IT.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 229 days!)

BlackMK4 posted:

AI hates stance cars, riced cars, brotrucks, trucks used for commuting, bicyclists, and the Murano convertible. Everything else is fair game. :v:

..unless it is a 70s/80s domestic (truck) layin' frame. Then we get into fights about it.

West SAAB Story fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Dec 16, 2014

• Locked thread