Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

First car was a pickup: 1980 Ford F-150 Ranger XLT (back when Ranger was an option package). 351M, C6 auto, 9" rear. Standard cab, long bed. I have a picture somewhere. Options were digital clock (which even had a trip timer!), a/c, automatic, leaking heater core, AM/FM/cassette stereo, and this fancy steel cover on the tailgate that covered the normal embossed Ford logo. Baby diarrhea brown with tan two tone.

Current car

2006 Saturn Ion 3, quad coupe, 5 speed manual. The only option it has on top of the standard 3 features is OnStar (inactive), though that may have been standard on the 3. I've swapped the OnStar mirror for one from a non-OnStar car that still has the compass, auto dimming, and outside temp. Bone stock when I got it, now has a Pioneer Bluetooth + HD Radio head unit, original speakers (the fronts are actually decent coaxials), cheap Crunch amp, and a 12" Polk sub in a sealed box. Also swapped the original fog bulbs for (stock wattage) yellow bulbs. Purchased with 68k, currently at 106k.

Dream car at the moment: 73 Chevy Nova coupe hatchback with a modern LSx engine, either manual transmission or an auto matching the LSx with a shift kit, working a/c and heat, 4 wheel disc brake swap, and otherwise completely stock or restored to stock in terms of the body and interior (aside from maybe a slight drop). Finding a hatchback is like finding a unicorn though. The hatch was only available for 73-74, and I don't like how the 74 looks. It would be a daily driver. Probably have to do some subframe reinforcements to handle even a stock LSx.

Growing up, my best friend had a 73 Nova coupe (non-hatch) with a beefed up 350 (no idea what all was done to it, but it ran mid-high 12s in the 1/4 mile when it could actually get traction), TH350 with a shift kit, no idea what was done to the rear end, factory a/c, original body/paint (this was in the early 90s, paint and trim were all original, and all in decent shape), and it had a freshly redone interior when he bought it. It had all of this done when he bought it; the only thing he did to it was add a modern (for the time) stereo, mounted to the bottom of the dash, and toss new speakers + sub in. Left the original radio in to keep the dash from being hacked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread