Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Actually, it's not, because pretty much every new game is optimized for 60 fps in mind and it can be a gigantic pain in the rear end to get it to 120 fps

the new 3d monitors have brighter 3d than the old ones but it's still noticeably darker and it really hurts your eyes, like way way more than your eyes would hurt from playing a 3ds.

i wouldnt recommend it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

oh also a lot of 'nvidia 3d ready' titles are flat out loving lying and have all sorts of problems with the 3d

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

i like it too

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's awesome. Stop being a hater.

:fut:

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

Does it work with like 3D videos and stuff.

It does, yes, so if you're really big on 3D movies you could consider it an option, though if the 3DS has ever given you a headache be wary because the shutter glasses are way more stressful on your eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

Wormskull posted:

I never looked at a 3DS so I have no idea.

I think you need to re-examine your priorities then. What would you rather do, spend hours loving around with hardware and video settings to eek out enough fps to make 3d playable on a game that's probably going to have interface issues with the 3d, and may ultimately give you a headache? Or journey into a brand new world of gaming chock full of epic win 3ds titles? the choice is yours, gamer.

edit: oops i forgot an 'of', egg on my face :blush:

Dexters Secret fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Dec 11, 2014

• Locked thread