Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

At least on the android version of epsxe, click the back button to open the menu, then click Toggle Frameskip or whatever it's called. I assume it's also called "frameskip" rather than turbo or fast forward on the PC version.

And yeah, it helps.

On the PC version you can enable/disable the framerate limit but it doesn't actually do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

Yeah FF9 would be way better if it had modern Square gfx and voiceovers /sarcasm

Yikes.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
This is the most retarded thread in the forum atm.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thug Lessons posted:

Yeah FF9 would be way better if it had modern Square gfx and voiceovers /sarcasm
Yeah, agreed.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Who here played FFXIII-2...ZDR gifted it to me and I've heard it's good.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Thug Lessons posted:

Zidane: Moms are tough.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thug Lessons posted:

This is the most retarded thread in the forum atm.
It's good, actually.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Zidane: Moms are tough.
This is something Zidane would say to hit on a mom.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Because I'm mentally ill I'm going to play all the Final Fantasy games from 8 up to 13 (not counting 11) but the lack of fast-forward in the Playstation 1 games is troubling.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Because I'm mentally ill I'm going to play all the Final Fantasy games from 8 up to 13 (not counting 11) but the lack of fast-forward in the Playstation 1 games is troubling.

8, 9 and 10 are all good but the rest get a gamer thumbs down.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It helps to realize there aren't that many random encounters in FF9, there's really only a few per area. The game is slow at first but later on you'll just wreck everything, especially bosses.

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

it's good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
8 is a very peculiar game. I like it, but I don't

play disc 1 and if you're not wowed throw it out the window because it's downhill from there aside from Laguna

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1799/

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Doctor Goat posted:

8 is a very peculiar game. I like it, but I don't

play disc 1 and if you're not wowed throw it out the window because it's downhill from there aside from Laguna

I'm going to finish it regardless of whether I enjoy it or not.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doesn't really help due to the ATB problems I discussed above (animation times).

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there's an ff8 romhack but it's not actually fun

it still uses weird scaling but it's ~kaizo~ so all enemies use their max level movesets and bosses are at set levels so president deling ate zell in one attack before even transforming

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I haven't finished 7 but the save has been abandoned for months so I forgot what I was doing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is 7 actually worth playing, I only got halfway through disc 2 before I quit.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I like it...my only real problem with it is that it's one of the ugliest games I've ever played.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's 90% of the whole game.

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

FAU is an extremely deadly troll and I recommend you do NOT engage him.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sure, that's definitely what's happening here.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

i have and recommend it

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
FF8's only redeeming factor was that it led to that Leovinus LP, which is tragically lost to the sands of time now.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Excels posted:

FF8's only redeeming factor was that it led to that Leovinus LP, which is tragically lost to the sands of time now.

Him naming Angelo Vaginal was the only thing that sticks out in my mind for it because I have an advanced mature sense of humor and "Vaginal Cannon" was hilarious to me

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

i hope they eventually get the ps1 classics working on ps4

agree

even though i have a ps3 i dont want to insert my brave fencer musashi disc... i gotta play it online, on teh ps4

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

THE PENETRATOR posted:

agree

even though i have a ps3 i dont want to insert my brave fencer musashi disc... i gotta play it online, on teh ps4

tomba needs to be playable forever

i want tomba on ps16

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

elf help book posted:

tomba needs to be playable forever

i want tomba on ps16

agree

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
i have tomba on disc but passed up tomba 2 and i'm freaking sad, now that i cant find it any more, and i want it on the ps4

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Doctor Goat posted:

there's an ff8 romhack but it's not actually fun

it still uses weird scaling but it's ~kaizo~ so all enemies use their max level movesets and bosses are at set levels so president deling ate zell in one attack before even transforming

george bush goin ape

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I like it...my only real problem with it is that it's one of the ugliest games I've ever played.

it is a truly ugly game and would benefit the most out of any ff with a remaster. i don't even like ff7 that much but i think it could seriously benefit from a remaster because it's considered such a landmark game in terms of making something big and ridiculous with psx hardware that blew folk's minds.

personally the snes ff2/ff3 games were my favorite but i don't want a remake because i feel like snes sprites have an enduring quality to them that allows them to stand up to scrutiny even to this day as not necessarily cutting edge graphics, but graphics that do a good job of conveying what is happening. ff7's blocky characters do not do that. when cloud is being anally penetrated in a hot tub, i want that to be communicated clearly.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it is a truly ugly game and would benefit the most out of any ff with a remaster. i don't even like ff7 that much but i think it could seriously benefit from a remaster because it's considered such a landmark game in terms of making something big and ridiculous with psx hardware that blew folk's minds.
I hope they give it a new translation when they remaster it.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope they give it a new translation when they remaster it.

Yea a new translation would be cool. Are there any good fan retranslation patches?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Yea a new translation would be cool. Are there any good fan retranslation patches?
I would also like one for FF Tactics. I'd get the PSP version but I have l i t t l e m o n e y.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would also like one for FF Tactics. I'd get the PSP version but I have l i t t l e m o n e y.

Good news gamer - you can patch the PSX version of the game with the translation from the PSP version.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Good news gamer - you can patch the PSX version of the game with the translation from the PSP version.
I've never found a PSX translation patch, where do I look? I'll take my answer off the air.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never found a PSX translation patch, where do I look? I'll take my answer off the air.

Its the first result on Google for it, I would've linked but the page was taking 5 million years to load.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
It's called like FFT Complete or something and all it does is fix bugs and apply the PSP translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's called like FFT Complete or something and all it does is fix bugs and apply the PSP translation.
Well, I know what I'm replaying next.

• Locked thread