Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

gay skull posted:

FF9 would be terrific if battles didn't take a dickyear and a half for absolutely everything in them to happen

It'd be way better if I could figure out how to do turbo mode on epsxe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

At least on the android version of epsxe, click the back button to open the menu, then click Toggle Frameskip or whatever it's called. I assume it's also called "frameskip" rather than turbo or fast forward on the PC version.

And yeah, it helps.

On the PC version you can enable/disable the framerate limit but it doesn't actually do anything.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Thug Lessons posted:

Yeah FF9 would be way better if it had modern Square gfx and voiceovers /sarcasm

Yikes.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Who here played FFXIII-2...ZDR gifted it to me and I've heard it's good.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
Because I'm mentally ill I'm going to play all the Final Fantasy games from 8 up to 13 (not counting 11) but the lack of fast-forward in the Playstation 1 games is troubling.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

Doctor Goat posted:

8 is a very peculiar game. I like it, but I don't

play disc 1 and if you're not wowed throw it out the window because it's downhill from there aside from Laguna

I'm going to finish it regardless of whether I enjoy it or not.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I haven't finished 7 but the save has been abandoned for months so I forgot what I was doing.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is 7 actually worth playing, I only got halfway through disc 2 before I quit.

I like it...my only real problem with it is that it's one of the ugliest games I've ever played.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I hope they give it a new translation when they remaster it.

Yea a new translation would be cool. Are there any good fan retranslation patches?

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I would also like one for FF Tactics. I'd get the PSP version but I have l i t t l e m o n e y.

Good news gamer - you can patch the PSX version of the game with the translation from the PSP version.

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I've never found a PSX translation patch, where do I look? I'll take my answer off the air.

Its the first result on Google for it, I would've linked but the page was taking 5 million years to load.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
It's called like FFT Complete or something and all it does is fix bugs and apply the PSP translation.

• Locked thread