Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They could at least add poorly-designed new content from people who don't get how the game works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

There's a fan remake going on where they got offended by Cait Sith being goofy and made a new character called Iskariot.
You know what I like most about that? It's subtle.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Cloud is going through post-partum depression.
Cloud shares his name with the Final Fantasy III villain Cloud of Darkness, which symbolizes that the move to 3-D destroyed the series.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cyra posted:

they keep dropping the same line about how remaking 7 would be too expensive and require too much work but how is that not true for every new finakl fantasy they make
Unlike FFXV, 7 contains women characters, which are more expensive to render.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

A team of Ubisoft animators saw Tifa's breasts and they just started shaking and vomiting.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I would kill for an FF9 remake, since it's my favorite in the series.

Edit: I love FF9 and FF12, but they have the exact same problem, which is that the ATB doesn't actually work. In 9, the ATB is basically meaningless since it keeps loading during animations, and all the spell animations are really long. So what you actually have is an FFX-style queue of turns that it doesn't show you, which makes healing a little annoying. FF12 only allows one spell on screen at a time, but characters can still attack, so casting magic against a powerful physical attacker will get you killed, since it will attack through your spells, but you can get extra hits on magic-using enemies by casting a spell with a long animation and having two other characters attack the whole time. So in both cases, the ATB is totally meaningless. FFX has some issues, but at least it understood that the ATB was pointless and just made things genuinely turn-based (and showed you the turn order).

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Dec 12, 2014

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

At least on the android version of epsxe, click the back button to open the menu, then click Toggle Frameskip or whatever it's called. I assume it's also called "frameskip" rather than turbo or fast forward on the PC version.

And yeah, it helps.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thug Lessons posted:

Yeah FF9 would be way better if it had modern Square gfx and voiceovers /sarcasm
Yeah, agreed.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Thug Lessons posted:

This is the most retarded thread in the forum atm.
It's good, actually.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

Zidane: Moms are tough.
This is something Zidane would say to hit on a mom.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Because I'm mentally ill I'm going to play all the Final Fantasy games from 8 up to 13 (not counting 11) but the lack of fast-forward in the Playstation 1 games is troubling.
It helps to realize there aren't that many random encounters in FF9, there's really only a few per area. The game is slow at first but later on you'll just wreck everything, especially bosses.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Doesn't really help due to the ATB problems I discussed above (animation times).

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Is 7 actually worth playing, I only got halfway through disc 2 before I quit.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sure, that's definitely what's happening here.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Mr. Pumroy posted:

it is a truly ugly game and would benefit the most out of any ff with a remaster. i don't even like ff7 that much but i think it could seriously benefit from a remaster because it's considered such a landmark game in terms of making something big and ridiculous with psx hardware that blew folk's minds.
I hope they give it a new translation when they remaster it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Yea a new translation would be cool. Are there any good fan retranslation patches?
I would also like one for FF Tactics. I'd get the PSP version but I have l i t t l e m o n e y.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

Good news gamer - you can patch the PSX version of the game with the translation from the PSP version.
I've never found a PSX translation patch, where do I look? I'll take my answer off the air.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

It's called like FFT Complete or something and all it does is fix bugs and apply the PSP translation.
Well, I know what I'm replaying next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sub-Actuality posted:

*looks directly into camera* I'm just so sick of all these final fantasies
Kuja, blowing up Terra one tower at a time: "There's got to be a better way!"

• Locked thread