Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

FactsAreUseless posted:

Cloud shares his name with the Final Fantasy III villain Cloud of Darkness, which symbolizes that the move to 3-D destroyed the series.

Largely true but FF9 has some 3D thing though and it was a good game, probably the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

gay skull posted:

FF9 would be terrific if battles didn't take a dickyear and a half for absolutely everything in them to happen

Yeah, FF9 is probably the game that legitimately "needs" a remake on this point. Or 8 if they ever feel like getting rid of the ridiculous way to instantly break the game through the card game... which would then kind of make 8 awful so that should just never happen.

And hey Metacritic says 9 is the best, so it may even be objectively the best. Sakaguchi is a wise man.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Doctor Goat posted:

Blue mage quality is how you determine the quality of a Final Fantasy game and Quina is pretty far up there.

gently caress. Yes. I like how they try to make the gender ambiguous but then break the secret by Zidane's "protect girls" ability not work on Quina. It's clearly a dude, something with that tongue can't be a chick that's just science.

I didn't really like Kimahri though, and I kinda liked FFX so I dunno. I never really used him and there was that Kimahri only battle and was quite :aaaaa:ed by it coming on all of the sudden but I don't think it was that hard anyway

Quistis is the poo poo too tho

• Locked thread