Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Lamebot posted:

has anyone done a high resolution remake of all the backdrops. i feel like there's enough obsessed fans out there to collaborate and do it.

There's a fan remake going on where they got offended by Cait Sith being goofy and made a new character called Iskariot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

FactsAreUseless posted:

You know what I like most about that? It's subtle.

Cloud is going through post-partum depression.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you manipulate the last part of the title, you get Final Fantasy IIV, which isn't a real roman numeral, which signifies Cloud's status as a false entity.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Blue mage quality is how you determine the quality of a Final Fantasy game and Quina is pretty far up there.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
PSX emulation is really bad. If you need fast forward and don't care about it being keyboard only or care to set up antimicro, it's in the GPU settings of GPU plugins for ePSXe/PCSX

pSX has it in the the option and i think it defaults to tab

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Thug Lessons posted:

Yeah FF9 would be way better if it had modern Square gfx and voiceovers /sarcasm

Zidane: Moms are tough.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
8 is a very peculiar game. I like it, but I don't

play disc 1 and if you're not wowed throw it out the window because it's downhill from there aside from Laguna

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1799/

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
there's an ff8 romhack but it's not actually fun

it still uses weird scaling but it's ~kaizo~ so all enemies use their max level movesets and bosses are at set levels so president deling ate zell in one attack before even transforming

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Excels posted:

FF8's only redeeming factor was that it led to that Leovinus LP, which is tragically lost to the sands of time now.

Him naming Angelo Vaginal was the only thing that sticks out in my mind for it because I have an advanced mature sense of humor and "Vaginal Cannon" was hilarious to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
If you happen to have a form that you can run on a computer of the PSP version there's also a patch that fixes the slowdown because it turns out all spell animations are forced to 15fps or 7fps or something stupid like that.

• Locked thread