Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp

Cuniculous posted:

I have a french bulldog and everyone calls him a pug and it makes me so mad

How does this look anything like a pug

it has a short and hosed up face, so pretty similar to a pug imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013

gggiiimmmppp posted:

this is what a good dog looks like, forum poster Fajita Fiesta

thats a cute dog yes

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
can someone c/d whether german shepherds hosed up hips are entirely the result of breeders aiming for a frog dog for some reason?

no i can't do my own research

so majestic, so sloping

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

FogHelmut posted:

I need an abomination against nature to represent my artistic personality

date a tranny

Ragtime Cthulhu
Dec 11, 2014
Finally, this forum needed a PUG thread. Anybody want to playtest an Age of Rebellion scenario I wrote?

Dick Fagballzson
Sep 29, 2005
Corgis are superior to pugs and all other dogs. They are the dog master race.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

XMNN posted:

wait theres a gif of this? i had a hazy memory of some story exactly like this that someone posted on the forums, I didn't realise there was video

I searched for an hour, and all I found were some very unhappy images which weren't related.
If I'm not inventing things, it's got to be either a pug or a chihuahua with a doofy, happy expression on its face.

Fajita Fiesta
Dec 15, 2013

Dick Fagballzson posted:

Corgis are superior to pugs and all other dogs. They are the dog master race.

the queen has them as her official advisors so it cant be wrong

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gay Roads posted:

date a tranny

not sure that goes with my cardigans, mustache, and horn rimmed glasses

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Pugs

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Fajita Fiesta posted:

the queen has them as her official advisors so it cant be wrong

they had beagles back before they lost the empire and then gave the country to parliament

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oh no i'm getting a vision. this cute dog will live to the age of 6 before a combination of blindness, incontinence, and cancer robs us of his constant wheezing too soon.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pugs are small dogs, and thus inferior to larger, better dogs even before you take into account how hosed up they are

they're ok though

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

nsfw

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Yoda was a small, weird looking puppy.

He grew up to be Biggie Smalls.

He likes sleeping.

Shiba Inus make him depressed because they're more popular on the internet than pugs.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Gatekeeper posted:

Yoda was a small, weird looking puppy.

He grew up to be Biggie Smalls.

He likes sleeping.

Shiba Inus make him depressed because they're more popular on the internet than pugs.

I've only met a few, but every Shiba I've encountered seemed to be the canine equivalent of Jordan from "Real Genius". Is this a correct assessment of the breed?

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

boston terrier #1 retarded looking handsome dog

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Maldoror posted:

Pugs used to look like this:

That was only ~125 years ago.

There are some breeders in Germany that are trying to restore the pug's size and muzzle back to 19th century standards:

Sorry to poo poo the thread OP, I do like pugs, so keep posting pics of em I guess, I just like to SJW a bit on brachycephalic animal breeding because I think it's mean to the nice doggies. :gerty:

Why is it that Germans always know the most about breeding?

Seriously, though. Old pugs look great. I would easily settle for a round, squirmy pug that had a normal face, though.

In the future we will have normal-faced, restored pugs and the pure pugs which by then will have a funnel-face and be born blind from their eyes having popped out prenatally.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

FogHelmut posted:

This. But is there a dog or cat with tentacles or hooves instead? I cannot stand the constant noises of pugs struggling to breathe. I know some people think the sounds are "cute" but pugs literally have sleep apnea and awake apnea.

Also it goes without saying that Persian cats, French bulldog bullies (which are not genetically dogs anymore), and related smash-faced breeds are all horrible and people who buy them from stores and breeders should be banned from owning domestic animals for fifteen years.

So long as you're not paying money I guess it's okay to rescue them, though? Like the doctors and nurses who rescued that lady whose face was ripped off by a chimp instead of mercy-killing her which is the normal, humane, human response to someone getting their face and eyes forcibly removed by a wild animal. Some people just have big hearts for terrifying monsters which probably should not exist.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Why is it that Germans always know the most about breeding?

Seriously, though. Old pugs look great. I would easily settle for a round, squirmy pug that had a normal face, though.

In the future we will have normal-faced, restored pugs and the pure pugs which by then will have a funnel-face and be born blind from their eyes having popped out prenatally.

germans know what it takes to construct a master race

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
my friend owns a corgi. i dont know how hes raised it but its a little rear end in a top hat who barks jumps and nips and wont leave you alone. i dont visit him anymore because of the dog.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

FogHelmut posted:

Its really sick that humans would create such a thing for their own amusement.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

FogHelmut posted:

/

Kreiger-san!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Kikka posted:

my friend owns a corgi. i dont know how hes raised it but its a little rear end in a top hat who barks jumps and nips and wont leave you alone. i dont visit him anymore because of the dog.

it's funny to hold their mouths closed. you just put your hand around their snout, they try to shake you off but they can't!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my grandma cares for a seemingly infinite string of elderly german shepherds. eye goo everywhere.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

BKPR posted:

my grandma cares for a seemingly infinite string of elderly german shepherds. eye goo everywhere.

She's pretty boss. Taking care of elderly animals is just the worst. ..except maybe for people with senile dementia who look like old people but act like insane, sometimes retarded children.

Got off track there.

You grandma is a good woman. :hfive:

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdLVLPoRXR4

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

It takes a special kind of rear end in a top hat to genetically alter a creature to the point where the only way that it and countless generations of its offspring can survive is to please you enough that you might take care of the myriad of competitive shortcomings and medical issues that you've bred into it.

• Locked thread