Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

I found this little dog when i was out for a walk:

I tried to make a comfortable bed for it (pictured) in the laundry room so it can get used to it's new home.
Does anyone know anything about these? Are there any genetic things i should be aware of like with pugs and other small dogs?
Oh, and does anyone know if this breed does well with cats?
Also welcome for name suggestions!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

genesplicer posted:

I've only met a few, but every Shiba I've encountered seemed to be the canine equivalent of Jordan from "Real Genius". Is this a correct assessment of the breed?

lmao yeah you nailed it

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

That is not a pug, but rather a distant relative of pugs. If it approached you or let you wrangle it there's a 99% chance it either has rabies or wants to yiff. Or both.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

This is the most adorable thing.

Hating pugs should be grounds for sending people to concentration camps.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Do It Once Right posted:

That is not a pug, but rather a distant relative of pugs. If it approached you or let you wrangle it there's a 99% chance it either has rabies or wants to yiff. Or both.

I know its not a pug. It has too long of a face and the colors are wrong. Duh.
And please refrain from projecting your fantasies of rabid yiffing. tia.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

the humble pug

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
a fat pug; a jumbo pug

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

I know its not a pug. It has too long of a face and the colors are wrong. Duh.
And please refrain from projecting your fantasies of rabid yiffing. tia.

Please cut the snark, I'm trying my best to think of a name that suits your new dog, but isn't passive-aggressively pejorative.
Do you have a...do you have a picture where it looks different? Maybe better lighting? or a different expression?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

snubbed nosed puglet

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Why aren't there more photographs of puggles?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

Do It Once Right posted:

Please cut the snark, I'm trying my best to think of a name that suits your new dog, but isn't passive-aggressively pejorative.
Do you have a...do you have a picture where it looks different? Maybe better lighting? or a different expression?

Sorry for the snark :( i hope we can continue to be friends.

Dog at park, presumably tuckered out from having little dog adventures.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
S-O-H, that is clearly a cog - A cat-dog hybrid. Some people mistake them for dogs because of their shape and playfulness, but some people think they're cats because of their eyes, fluffiness, and weird noises, when actually they are both. The good part is that they are smarter than cats and the average dog. The bad parts are they will kill all of your chickens or other birds, and also they attract sexual deviants known as "furries". You can spot these "furries" by their non sequitur references to "kitsune" (Japanese cogs) and "yiffing" which I think is a sport played only by mascots?

Do not let them near your adorable cog.

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

Sorry for the snark :( i hope we can continue to be friends.

Dog at park, presumably tuckered out from having little dog adventures.

Of course everyone can be friends. Your pug has a very intense expression. It was difficult to parse with just a single photo: would "Oliver" be a good name?

Oliver's like a, "lol, it's a cat name, but it's not a cat but it probably won't give you rabies, except there's def some rabies."

I'm still getting a very strong little Ricky from Menudo vibe from what you've shared. Are you okay with owning a gay pug?

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

My pets are free to live as god made them without me interfering with bigotry :) (But i thought we agreed Oliver wasn't a pug? :confused:)

Suicide Sam E. posted:

S-O-H, that is clearly a cog - A cat-dog hybrid. Some people mistake them for dogs because of their shape and playfulness, but some people think they're cats because of their eyes, fluffiness, and weird noises, when actually they are both. The good part is that they are smarter than cats and the average dog. The bad parts are they will kill all of your chickens or other birds, and also they attract sexual deviants known as "furries". You can spot these "furries" by their non sequitur references to "kitsune" (Japanese cogs) and "yiffing" which I think is a sport played only by mascots?

Do not let them near your adorable cog.

We're all friends here, you can call me Six.
And don't worry, no sexual deviant in a clever costume will get anywhere near my new cog.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
pug in a forest; jungle pug

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

My pets are free to live as god made them without me interfering with bigotry :) (But i thought we agreed Oliver wasn't a pug? :confused:)

You're a true animal lover and a good parent. I didn't want to mis-species your new friend if he happened to identify as a trans-pug.
We all remember the Christina Perri fiasco...

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

woodland pugs; white water/river pugs

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
The elusive sea pug:

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

The Monkey Man posted:

The elusive sea pug:

Are you sure that's not a severely handicapped dolphin?

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
a group of sea pugs is called a keurig

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMDT-FC9_Lk

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pugs are hideous abominations and everyone that supports the awful industry that lead to these malformed, unhealthy creatures should be banned from owning animals

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Im in a gang

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

lol

Pug breeders are soulless amoral monsters. Don't tempt them - there is no grotesque genetic challenge they will not rise to, and any pain and suffering of the dogs is incidental when compared to cultivating superior breed standards.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
They have such a sweet singing voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pywLyhEXlI

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Once more into the fray...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Pug puppy tsunami:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuB72KcEUTw

Pug surprise!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nr54e0ebKis

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

This is totally cool.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

most inbred chinese abominations aren't this cute :3

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Glad you're home!

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Srstalk: People who breed and buy pugs and thus bring to the world more creatures defined by their suffering, deformities and illnesses are despicable, selfish assholes.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Pugs are the best loving dogs. They may have terrible health problems generally but mine is happy and generally healthy so gently caress the haters. Quality thread op

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

You wish your dog was as cute as mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
This slobbering, wheezing, bug eyed lump of flesh is a QT

• Locked thread