Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fruition
Feb 1, 2014

Gothmog1065 posted:

Here's the problem with that: I already know I can quickly outgrow my space at the house. ON top of that my wife isn't too keen on having people coming to the house all the time, and a LOT of the customers from the other place really prefer to have an actual shop to go to, and they've made mention of that many times.

There are other plans in the works as well, but that will require a bit of steady money first.

Sorry if you already mentioned, but what do average rents look like for a small shop in your area? I'm all for starting out lean, no employees, lowest possible costs with the highest customer satisfaction. If you really think you can do a better job then start your own business and follow through on advertising and brand-building. Eventually you'll acquire his clients who'd rather take their business to someone who's serious and not just dicking around as a hobby. If I were you I wouldn't dump $50k into this guy's lap just for a client list...and who's to say they won't stick with him after the fact as he moves shop down the street after selling to you?

Computer janitoring isn't a growth business but there are plenty of technologically-retarded older people who will gladly pay a wizard to take care of that drat Obama-made popup virus for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread