Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Strong Mouse posted:

Who needs yuri when you have these wonderful views of people eating food?

Who needs yuri when you have LOVE!

These are both wonderful and Koufuku Graffiti is surprisingly tame considering.
I mean look at this poo poo.

Liver Disaster fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jan 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Their are not comparable. Magical school boys saving the world with the help of their pink wombat go against evil nazi school council led by a green porcupine. In the latest episode you have two instances of crotch shots. One showing their ballet teachers dick to his students and the other had one of the protagonist show his big fat bank account to a schoolmate. The all male school just happens to have occasional pretty boy because why the gently caress not? So you have the cast brain storm the most effective way to win their peers admiration.

e-thanks

Still has a way to go. Hasn't had two gigantic musclemen celebrating their reunion by pissing rainbows in another guy's mouth yet.

Maybe next episode.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i dunno man.

it's still pretty gay.

but for real, everyone should give Cute High Earth Defense Club a try.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
The other thing about Handsome Boys in Frilly Uniforms that describing the events literally doesn't tell you is that it has really good comedic timing and writing, which is something that other anime "comedies" are often really bad at.

Quad Cape
Dec 24, 2012

Gnossiennes posted:

i dunno man.

it's still pretty gay.

but for real, everyone should give Cute High Earth Defense Club a try.

Honestly I was amazed that Stallone's Over the Top got referenced anywhere outside late 1980s America.

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Over the Top shows up in anime a few times. Like in the Dirty Pair OVA.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Is there a reason there isn't a DRRR thread?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Fangz posted:

Is there a reason there isn't a DRRR thread?

Its right there dude

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693426&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Guyver posted:

Over the Top shows up in anime a few times. Like in the Dirty Pair OVA.

Man, that's surreal. I remember watching that movie when I was a kid. Er, Over the Top, not Dirty Pair. It reminds me of the Dune and Bruce Willis stuff in Hellsing.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Darth Walrus posted:

In the same season as Jojo? It's possible, I guess, but Imma need some convincing.

The latest episode reveals the Gay Agenda.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Unsurprisingly, goons read a bunch of dick jokes and gay panic as something actually queer. It's not, really. It's pretty funny tho.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

This is Extremely My poo poo.

I'd be all up for an Ultraman anime, come to think of it.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://animatorexpo.com/yamadeloid/
New short by Graphinica and it loving owns

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Ok, yeah that was pretty rad.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
That was pretty crazy in a good way.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
That was the dumbest nonsense, but I was thoroughly entertained somehow.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Really good stuff.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
In this episode of Maria the Virgin Witch:

"Pull back, Galifa! It'll scorch you with its crap!"
"Again?"

I really want to know what everyday life for a mercenary in this world is like.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

I really want to know what everyday life for a mercenary in this world is like.

Short version: drinking.

Long version: go to Ask/Tell, hit up the Military History and/or Medieval History threads for HEY GAL.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dublish posted:

Short version: drinking.

Long version: go to Ask/Tell, hit up the Military History and/or Medieval History threads for HEY GAL.

That's the real world. This one seems to involve a lot more dodging flaming poo poo from the denizens of the D&D Monster Manual.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Pretty sure it would still involve a lot of drinking though, if not more.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

boy i hope someone else gets this

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

Fereydun posted:

boy i hope someone else gets this

I get it. I totally forgot about it until the Animator Expo vid, but I remembered. I watched the poo poo out of that show as a kid.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
I hope no one has anything against Rabbit Cafes because season 2. :toot:

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

.Clash posted:

I hope no one has anything against Rabbit Cafes because season 2. :toot:

This is good news and I am happy to hear about it.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Heck yeah comfy cafe time

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I like a lot of dumb SOL stuff but I thought the rabbit show was drivel. Flashbacks to Kiniro Mosiac or whatever it was called.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nate RFB posted:

I like a lot of dumb SOL stuff but I thought the rabbit show was drivel. Flashbacks to Kiniro Mosiac or whatever it was called.

Yup. Those two are ones that just didn't do anything for me. I still watched them because I am a giant idiot, but I didn't look forward to each episode like say, Non Non Biyori.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Blhue posted:

I didn't look forward to each episode like say, Non Non Biyori.

By the way, Non Non Biyori is also getting another season!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

:monar:

Better news. Every time I see a new chapter of NNB show up on Batoto I get excited for a moment then I get sad because I realize I already saw it animated, so glad to see the translators will be even farther behind.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Best Boring News.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Rexides posted:

Best Boring News.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
The rabbit cafe show didn't really do it for me but I am SO STOKED for more Non Non Biyori and Working!.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Do we actually have an air date for this yet? I believe it was first announced practically right when the first one ended which feels like an eternity ago.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Do we actually have an air date for this yet? I believe it was first announced practically right when the first one ended which feels like an eternity ago.

Nope, they've been trickling out little bits of information every month or so. The most recent one let us know that nano.RIPE is doing the OP again, which is cool because nano.RIPE owns but please let me get hype on my own pace anime promoters!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Blhue posted:

Yup. Those two are ones that just didn't do anything for me. I still watched them because I am a giant idiot, but I didn't look forward to each episode like say, Non Non Biyori.

IMO: NNB>Kiniro Mosaic>>Rabbits
The comedy was better in Kiniro Mosaic than in GochouUsagi (or whatever its short name is) and it was more adorable.

I'd still rather have another season of Yuyushiki though.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Xelkelvos posted:

I'd still rather have another season of Yuyushiki though.

Yuyushiki had some moments that were totally transcendent.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

Great Rumbler posted:

Yuyushiki had some moments that were totally transcendent.

That show was way better than it had any right to be. I doubt we'll ever see more of it.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Non non biyori, Kiniro Mosaic and Gochiusa are all getting a second season soon? How lovely. I'm gonna stock up on diabetes medication though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Quirkk posted:

That show was way better than it had any right to be. I doubt we'll ever see more of it.

I started out not really feeling it, but somewhere along the way it grew on me. I'll harbor a little hope in my heart that it'll get S2 or at least an OVA someday.

• Locked thread