Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got 3600 something gems.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I could probably get another few thousand if I played all these games I never even opened up for a couple hours but I mean come on.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The one nice thing this did is made me learn about the Quake Live badges I need to make that they added.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ehh...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The QL backgrounds are like 20 dollars on the market. Good poo poo...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

This is more like it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Unguided posted:

Let's do some effortpost math on gem values.

Skyrim booster packs cost 750 gems to craft. They sell for fifteen cents each, thirteen if you subtract Valve's trading fees.

Using that as a metric, someone's paying $1040 for CS:GO

Easier math is a sack is 1000 gems and they are selling for 0.03.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

gay skull posted:

So do people on Steam like going through insanely roundabout ways to buy games without ever slapping down a stack of cash for them or something? Like would the world explode if I bought a PC game at full price or what

There's probably a lot of 10-15 year olds who don't have other ways of getting stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I got a foil grunt card. Just need 10 more and I can make a foil QL badge. Very epic.

• Locked thread