Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside
One day in March, many years ago, I was in a high school Social Studies class and the teacher was discussing the final years of Stalin's reign, including the lingering effects of his brutality. The vice principal of the school, who happened to be Ukrainian, walked by the classroom while my teacher was lecturing. My Social Studies teacher called for him to come in the room and, without prompting, asked, "what's today?" My vice principal replied, "it's the happiest day of the year, March 5th." "Why is it the happiest day of the year?" asked my teacher, and the VP replied, "because Stalin died today in 1953!" and then walked away. It was a pretty fantastic example of how these things can linger on in the consciousness of a people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread