Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SeventhUncle
May 1, 2014
I was in the USSR for a few weeks in the early '90s.
One day they took our group to a club. I was in high school at the time and didn't like alcohol so I went up to the bar and tried to order a Pepsi.

Me: I'd like a Pepsi please.
Bartender: One vodka and Pepsi coming up.
Me: No. I just want a Pepsi. No vodka.
Bartender: That's what I said. One vodka Pepsi.
Me: Let's try this. Give me a vodka Pepsi. Just leave out the vodka.
Bartender: I don't understand.
Me: OK How about this. I'll have 2 vodka Pepsis. Put all the Pepsi in one glass and all the vodka in the other glass and keep the glass of vodka. I'll pay for both of them.
Bartender: Ohhhh. I see. In that case there's no charge.

Pepsi had some sort of exclusive deal with the USSR. You couldn't get Coke but Pepsi was available. We would call it nenc because the Cyrillic for Pepsi looks kind of like nenc.
Those vodka Pepsis were served in what looked like a highball glass and about half of it was vodka.
I remember thinking it was strange that I got my Pepsi for free since it was actually more expensive than vodka, by a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread