Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BerkerkLurk
Jul 22, 2001

I could never sleep my way to the top 'cause my alarm clock always wakes me right up

Lincoln's 10,00050,000 Silver Dollars in Haugan, MT.

Lincoln's 50,000 Silver Dollars, a combination gift shop, hotel, diner and western bar, the last of which features 50,000 silver dollars mounted on the walls or imbedded in the bar top. It used to only be the 10,000 Silver Dollars, but I guess that's inflation for you. We used to travel from Oregon to Montana all of the time when I was a kid and always stopped here. Lots of fun to look at all of the cheesy crap for the first 30 minutes.

The warehouse-sized souvenir shop was something else, all the Western crap you could think of and more. Clocks made out of varnished slices of trees with Indians airbrushed on it, Indian jewelry, all kinds of knives, and I remember at age 8 finding a box that said "The South Will Rise Again!" with a naked plastic hillbilly inside that had a huge erection.

Also my brother found a can of Coke II in their drink fridge years after they stopped selling it.

angelfisher posted:

Casa Bonita is in Lakewood, CO. I didn't think it actually existed when I first saw the South Park episode, but it's real and horrible according to a friend of mine from Denver.

He says it's something where you pay for the experience, not the food, but that's a difficult selling point when you have to pay like $15 for a meal for anyone over 2. The food is seriously the worst ever.

(A picture of someone's plate from the Yelp reviews.)

The experience on the other hand is apparently a crappy arcade, high schoolers jumping from cliffs, and extremely campy dinner theater.

I have never been there, but I would love to hear anyone's horror stories about it.
Don't forget the unlimited sopapillas and the mariachi music! The food is terrible, though. It's not easy to screw up basic Mexican food but this is one place that does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread