Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lol the ncaa owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Wow, Jones argument snippet kicks rear end.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The NCAA is such trash.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bomani Jones owns

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

I loved the Orange Bowl so much

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Sometimes you have to make great sacrifices to get a sweet rear end homerun machine.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

i was in that crowd shot of the fsu game

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow
Watch through the credits

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I fully understand being mad at tearing down the Orange Bowl and being mad at the Marlins Stadium but I will not have them insult the Dinger Machine.

The Machine will not be pleased by these developments.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

swickles posted:

According to Lebatard this is the part of the film that is a giant middle finger to the NCAA.
LeBetard is right, gently caress the NCAA.

C. Everett Koop posted:

I fully understand being mad at tearing down the Orange Bowl and being mad at the Marlins Stadium but I will not have them insult the Dinger Machine.

The Machine will not be pleased by these developments.
It will ultimately become self aware and remember the haters.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Gotta get The Rock in there someway.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You tell them G-reg.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
6 national championships lmao that last bit owned

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

ending owned

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Oh poo poo the flag at the end.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

should have kept it at 6

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

ahahahahahah what

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I.......what was that?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
You could literally have cut those last 10 minutes into a recruiting ad with no effort.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Bomani Jones is pretty much the best talent ESPN has right now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
That show was both cool and good.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ahahaha

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Vertical Lime posted:

Dan Le Batard Show ‏@LeBatardShow
Watch through the credits

hahahahaha

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Dexo posted:

Bomani Jones is pretty much the best talent ESPN has right now.

Pairing him with Dan worked out really well for both.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Good film, but not as good as the first. Mostly because we're talking present day and lack the historical perspective, the same problem that plagued the Bama/Auburn doc, but still a good watch.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I give it a B+

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

C. Everett Koop posted:

Good film, but not as good as the first. Mostly because we're talking present day and lack the historical perspective, the same problem that plagued the Bama/Auburn doc, but still a good watch.

Well they said during the movie, the sequel is never as good as the original.

Still pretty good, gently caress the NCAA

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
GODDAMN IT I missed the post-credit stinger, what was it?

Also I write for SBNation which IIRC was started by Bomani and honestly everything about him rules.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

GODDAMN IT I missed the post-credit stinger, what was it?

Also I write for SBNation which IIRC was started by Bomani and honestly everything about him rules.

A clip from Highly Questionable that had Papi throwing up the U and shouting.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

swickles posted:

A clip from Highly Questionable that had Papi throwing up the U and shouting.

Hahaha. Awesome.

I usually dislike LeBatard but he killed it in this doc.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKL5iw1A6j0

gently caress Miami.

How does it feel to know your best days are behind you? How does it feel to know you'll never even challenge for an ACC championship, much less getting into the playoffs and trying to win a national championship?

I'd link to a picture of Average Al but I don't want to depress all 3 UM fans in the U.S. too much. Just imagine a man dressed by his mother wearing his dad's clothes and pretending to give a poo poo about wins and losses you'll be 100% accurate.

Miami locker room speech: "LET'S TEAR THE rear end OUT OF THEM GUYS! WE ARE THE U! THIS poo poo WAS PASSED DOWN TO YOU AS A CHAMPION!"

>boards bus for hour+ drive to stadium<
>9 fans in attendance<
>lose to UVA<
>lose to everyone<

Ahahahaha enjoy irrelevance you garbage dicks. We'll watch documentaries of when you used to be fearsome and talk about how cool you used to be. Just be aware you'll never be relevant again.

Imagine this is in 600,000-point bright red bold underlined font covered in flaming rabid rattlesnakes and nuclear explosions:

MOTHER-gently caress MIAMI.

Too bad you didn't get the death penalty... or did you? From your record the last couple of years I can't be sure.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

JonathonSpectre posted:

gently caress Miami.

How does it feel to know your best days are behind you? How does it feel to know you'll never even challenge for an ACC championship, much less getting into the playoffs and trying to win a national championship?

I'd link to a picture of Average Al but I don't want to depress all 3 UM fans in the U.S. too much. Just imagine a man dressed by his mother wearing his dad's clothes and pretending to give a poo poo about wins and losses you'll be 100% accurate.

Miami locker room speech: "LET'S TEAR THE rear end OUT OF THEM GUYS! WE ARE THE U! THIS poo poo WAS PASSED DOWN TO YOU AS A CHAMPION!"

>9 fans in attendance<
>lose to UVA<
>lose to everyone<

Ahahahaha enjoy irrelevance you garbage dicks. We'll watch documentaries of when you used to be fearsome and talk about how cool you used to be. Just be aware you'll never be relevant again.

Imagine this is in 600,000-point bright red bold underlined font covered in flaming rabid rattlesnakes and nuclear explosions:

Too bad you didn't get the death penalty... or did you? From your record the last couple of years I can't be sure.

hell, same

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC

JonathonSpectre posted:

gently caress Miami.

>9 fans in attendance<
>lose to UVA<
>lose to everyone<

On the bright side, I don't identify with a rapist.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Congrats, you have created the Platonic ideal of bad posting.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.

JonathonSpectre posted:

gently caress Miami.

>9 fans in attendance<
>lose to UVA<
>lose to everyone<

Miami's shenanigans are cheeky and fun.
FSU's shenanigans are cruel and tragic.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I believe to this day that the pass interference in the Ohio State game was the correct call.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

JonathonSpectre posted:

gently caress Miami.

>9 fans in attendance<
>lose to UVA<
>lose to everyone<

Somebody's mad their rival is undoubtedly cooler than they are.

Gotta find a way to watch this tonight, hearing that the Seventh Floor Crew got in (and that it includes the Shapiro stuff) makes it a must-watch.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

JonathonSpectre posted:

gently caress Miami.

Rivals-grade posting, unfit for human consumption

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I hope Davis pulls a Bill Snyder in the near future because he apparently can't get hired anywhere since UNC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

harperdc posted:

Somebody's mad their rival is undoubtedly cooler than they are.

Gotta find a way to watch this tonight, hearing that the Seventh Floor Crew got in (and that it includes the Shapiro stuff) makes it a must-watch.

I know when I think "cool" in regards to football I think of an endless series of 6-6 seasons losing to bottom-rung ACC teams and never coming close to winning even a conference championship.

The destruction of the Orange Bowl and the complete fumbling of preparation for and reaction to the loss of that stadium on the part of UM administration was the nail in the coffin for the U IMO. Not having a stadium on or even remotely loving near campus sucks. I've heard their practice facilities etc. are also pretty bad but don't really know for sure. Fan support is also abysmal (maybe because it takes an hour to get to the stadium?) which hurts pretty bad in recruiting. FSU, UF, Bama, Auburn, etc. can tell kids, "Come play in front of 80,000 screaming fans every home game!" Miami can say "We'll fill this place up... for FSU... that's about it... the rest of the time it will look like a Redskins practice."

It's kind of sad. Darth Vader turned into Anakin Skywalker. Isn't it supposed to be the other way around?

• Locked thread