Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

gargamale posted:

Required Borderlands 2 DLC? Ive got 2 dollars beyond the price of the base game I got from trading card sales.

Assault of Dragon's Keep is unanimously considered the best (it's also the longest I think?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Honestly the best investment any PC gamer could make is to force a 2-year lag time on acknowledging PC game release dates.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Lol if you spent less than $500 during this sale.

If you've taken part in any Steam sales in the past 2-3 years then there's no reason to have spent $500 on this sale unless you're going for that lofty goal of "collecting" every single game on Steam, which is loving stupid. It's a zero-sum game because no matter how much you spend there will always be more games and they'll always be going on sale.

If I had the kind of money to where I could spend hundreds of dollars every single Steam sale I'd be using my money to collect physical things like actual arcade machines.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Well, i think a level 25 Holiday Badge is high enough. Goodbye, seasonal cards.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have like 1.50 left. I might as well make a steam badge. I'm at work though. If I buy all the cards for it can I make the badge in my browser or do I need the client installed?

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Tender Bender posted:

That's the way to go, if you fall behind on pc current releases it's easy to stay there. I picked up a bunch of 1-2 year old games to work through this year, looking forward to getting Alien, Shadows of Mordor, and Endless Legend for like $7.50 each in the 2015 sale!

:agreed: but I was smart enough to get Endless Legend from IGN for $7 months ago

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

redreader posted:

I have like 1.50 left. I might as well make a steam badge. I'm at work though. If I buy all the cards for it can I make the badge in my browser or do I need the client installed?

Seriously though, I used my leftover trading card money to buy Judge Dredd and from all the Steam reviews it looks like I've made a wise choice.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Downs Duck posted:

Amazon and Greenmangaming (for those with reward credit left) has A Story about my Uncle for 75 OFF, and a bit cheaper than on Steam, if anyone missed it previously:
http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=astoryaboutmyuncle

Just because I bought this during the sale and while it is a very nice, pleasant, fairly simple, but overall fun first person platform/puzzle game this is about the right price to pay for it unless you're interested in speed-runs and "perfect" levels. I completed two levels in just under a couple of hours and going by the achievement list (which also concerns itself mainly with speed-runs and level challenges) there's only one more level to go, unless the game surprises me. The narrative is as simple as you can get but it works well enough to move you along and it looks and sounds good despite the lifelessness in its NPC's and not-great-but-not-terrible voice acting.

Pick it up for $3.50 CDN or local equivalent and basically relax with some really easy physics platforming in a fantastical setting for 2-3 hours.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

:siren: Less than 2 hours left of the sale :siren:

You can start panic buying/gifting.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Palpek posted:

I wonder what would happen if Steam announced that there's now only a limited amount of each game available...

Downs Duck
Nov 19, 2005
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free do to anything"

Kibayasu posted:

Just because I bought this during the sale and while it is a very nice, pleasant, fairly simple, but overall fun first person platform/puzzle game this is about the right price to pay for it unless you're interested in speed-runs and "perfect" levels. I completed two levels in just under a couple of hours and going by the achievement list (which also concerns itself mainly with speed-runs and level challenges) there's only one more level to go, unless the game surprises me. The narrative is as simple as you can get but it works well enough to move you along and it looks and sounds good despite the lifelessness in its NPC's and not-great-but-not-terrible voice acting.

Pick it up for $3.50 CDN or local equivalent and basically relax with some really easy physics platforming in a fantastical setting for 2-3 hours.

Thanks for the heads-up, that sounds more than alright for the price.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Would anyone recommend jumping right into the Don't Starve Together 2-Pack, or would it be better to get the base game first to get a taste for the game?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vakal posted:

Would anyone recommend jumping right into the Don't Starve Together 2-Pack, or would it be better to get the base game first to get a taste for the game?

Start with the base game +/- RoG, then you'll get the discount on DST if you find you want it.

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

by XyloJW

Palpek posted:

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth just went from 33% off to 25% off :chickenlittle:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Arnold of Soissons posted:

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth just went from 33% off to 25% off :chickenlittle:

The sky discounts are falling!
It's the end of the world sale! :aaa:

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

You can use the marketplace through the browser, so remember to sell all your stupid cards for like a nickel apiece!

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Sucks being unemployed during a steam sale, but on the bright side: I already own over 300 games so it's not like I needed many more anyway.

:smith:

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
At the last minute I decided to grab Morrowind since I haven't played it since launch, and back then I didn't get the expansions. With the exception of Deus Ex and Vampire: The Masquerade I rarely replay old games, so this is going to be weird.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."
If you're looking to buy Nuclear Throne, make sure to check the steam trading thread instead. People, including me, are willing to trade the recently gifted copy for something else, so you'll be able to get the game slightly cheaper.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Right, I'm out. That'll do. I think that was the Steam sale where I spent the most money. I ended up with:

- Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing Family Edition (won it in the auctions)
- Transistor
- Valkyria Chronicles
- Democracy 3
- LYNE
- Valiant Hearts: The Great War
- To The Moon
- A Bird Story
- Bad Rats (already 100%'d this, gifted it to 3 friends, one of which who gifted it to 5 others. The infection spreads!)

I'm liking Valkyria Chronicles the most, and my only regret is A Bird Story, which was a pile of boring, saccharine crap; a real shame giving how great To The Moon was.

I also leveled my Steam profile up from 40 to 50 simply and only because the blue circle looks pretty. :downs:

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Jan 2, 2015

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Palpek posted:

I know that this tip will be ignored but just so you know - nobody cares or even reads those haul posts.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Blattdorf posted:

If you're looking to buy Nuclear Throne, make sure to check the steam trading thread instead. People, including me, are willing to trade the recently gifted copy for something else, so you'll be able to get the game slightly cheaper.

my friend videogames sent me his free copy because he is cool and wants me to play a cool game. if your friends have it already ask around if they have a copy.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

Schiavona posted:

You can use the marketplace through the browser, so remember to sell all your stupid cards for like a nickel apiece!

You can't anymore, actually -- the items have been removed from the market -- so at this point you can either craft a badge with what you've got, or turn them all into gems before they disappear entirely in an hour.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Hah, bet thats gonna piss off a lot of people who were planning on buying tons in the last 15-30min panic selloff.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I wanted to buy one more level and it caught me out. I'm sure it didn't do that last time.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Nam Taf posted:

I wanted to buy one more level and it caught me out. I'm sure it didn't do that last time.

Yeah this level 4 badge is going to trigger my my self-diagnosted OCD

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i had a leftover holiday card in my inventory. it has now become my first and probably only 20 gems

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Well .. it wouldn't be a steam sale if I didn't double my total spend in the closing hours snatching up 'deals' That said .. still got out of this sale for like $70 total which was RIGHT above my sale limit price of One Random AAA Console game. Not too bad.

edit: well ... I guess it's haul time.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Shovel Knight
The Banner Saga
Transistor
Hexcells Complete Pack
Endless Legend
Dungeon of the Endless

pvax fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 2, 2015

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

King Vidiot posted:

If you've taken part in any Steam sales in the past 2-3 years then there's no reason to have spent $500 on this sale unless you're going for that lofty goal of "collecting" every single game on Steam, which is loving stupid. It's a zero-sum game because no matter how much you spend there will always be more games and they'll always be going on sale.
Or you could just gift about 100 goons. That also works.

Edit:
Final Haul:

21 rides on the gift train. (And other assorted random gifts, not counting:)
110 goons with Defy Gravity (which is 1 less than I'd like, but:)
0.05$ in steam funds left.
Completely cleaned out my steam inventory, barring
1 copy of Zeno Clash and 1 copy of Bad Rats (still there for whomever wants them)

Wishlist pared down from 70 items to 37.
"I actually really want this" wishlist pared down from 20 to 10 (with only one real disappointment).

Best steam sale yet.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 2, 2015

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i could gift gearcrack arena to 100 goons for less than :10bux:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nam Taf posted:

Wait people actually level up their badges beyond the first level? Why?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

You can ask the same question about getting a badge in the first place.

Chairman Pow!
Apr 23, 2010
Two cool and oddball cheap games I just grabbed are Card City Nights and Dark Scavenger. Both are funny, loving tributes to their genres. Dark Scavenger is a JRPG/Choose your own adventure games and Card City is a funny TCG with a neat and solid game mechanic. Both are under 3$ and worth it for that amount.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

King Vidiot posted:

the picture changes and the number gets higher

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Or you could just gift about 100 goons. That also works.

Edit:
Final Haul:

21 rides on the gift train. (And other assorted random gifts, not counting:)
110 goons with Defy Gravity (which is 1 less than I'd like, but:)
0.05$ in steam funds left.
Completely cleaned out my steam inventory, barring
1 copy of Zeno Clash and 1 copy of Bad Rats (still there for whomever wants them)

Wishlist pared down from 70 items to 37.
"I actually really want this" wishlist pared down from 20 to 10 (with only one real disappointment).

Best steam sale yet.

I believe you might single-handedly funded the development of Defy Gravity 2

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Bought Don't Starve at the last minute, mostly so I can get Don't Starve Together free later on.

XOIC of Radishes
Oct 1, 2009

I planted radishes in this special dirt and they came up all weird!
:science: :ughh:
Had to get Dark Souls II at the last minute, even though I know the mastered version will come out in a couple of months. I just loved the first one so drat much I can't wait any longer.

Also picked up Retro/Grade at another's suggestion from this thread, and Dead Man's Draw, because pirates.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Aha, the new store front tells you why it's suggesting games to you. This is castigation.

vuorikissa
May 1, 2007

Xander77 posted:

1 copy of Zeno Clash

Xander77 kindly gifted me this, even though he knew it will have to go into my backlog for a while. This makes Xander77 my first favourite goon of 2015!

E: If anyone still doesn't have Defy Gravity, be the first to quote with your steam ID and I'll send you the one I have left!

vuorikissa fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Bought Total War Rome 2 DLC as my last minute buy.

Steam had my card expire 30 minutes before 10? What the hell?

Anyway, it's been another great sale.

• Locked thread