Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Cocks Cable posted:

There are a few expansions and they make the game a bit better with more flavorful and challenging villains and a bigger board to explore. You really need them to make the game more palatable which is a big investment to ask.

Are there any particular ones you'd single out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

mr sad posted:

In Tragedy Looper, the protagonists have cards that say "once per loop" on them. Does this mean that each card they have can be played during a loop? or that, once one of the protagonists plays their copy, the other players set theirs aside for the rest of the loop?

The former. Each "Once per loop" card can be played once per loop, regardless of whether anyone else has played their copy or not.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
Last I heard, his stance was still "no Android anything ever"

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Robust Laser posted:

Well, as somebody whose iPad just died and now just has an Android tablet, that loving sucks.

Incidentally where's the list of board games for Android.

Here's a few off of a big list on BGG:

Ascension
BattleLore
Blood Bowl
Boss Monster
Carcassone
Catan
Dominion
Elder Sign
Galaxy Trucker
Hive
Mr Jack Pocket
Neuroshima Hex
Pandemic
San Juan
Scotland Yard
Sentinals of the Multiverse
Small World
Star Realms
Suburbia
Summoner Wars
Ticket to Ride
Xenoshyft

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe
Look into Room 25. It's a bit lighter than the other suggestions, so it might be an easier sell to a group that's just starting out with board games. It's got a hidden traitor, fits your playtime, and the theme is a straight-up ripoff of the movie Cube.

BSG is my favorite traitor game, but it definitely is a long play.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

admanb posted:

Man decides to get rid of games he doesn't play anymore. Thread shits itself to death. You do you.

This thread takes differing opinions very seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Fun Shoe

Impermanent posted:

Does Sirlin have plans for expansions beyond those envisioned in this release?

I don't know about expansions but a second edition is probably a solid bet.