Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

Big McHuge posted:

So this week I've decided to take on a challenge. Recently, I had a chance to play the X-Wing miniatures game. I was a bit underwhelmed, and I couldn't exactly describe why. For some reason it just didn't have that certain something that I was looking for. I'm not willing to dismiss it outright, since a friend was teaching he gave me a predetermined group of ships and pilots and I think that some of the fun of the game is constructing that sort of stuff on your own.

In what would seem like completely unrelated news, some friends of mine ended up with 3 copies of the new D&D Attack Wing game for the holidays. They're going to return one copy and keep the other two, and they also have a very nice selection of the ground units and expansion packs. I was watching them play last week and it looked alright, but then it hit me.

TIE FIGHTERS VS DRAGONS

I mean, why *wouldn't* you try to combine these things? So, I'm going to borrow spare copies of both rulebooks and attempt to figure out a way to mesh the two games.

You're going to have some issues. The armor stat and spells in Attack Wing make for some pretty difficult interactions with the X-Wing mechanics, unfortunately. At least, this is what I've gathered from making fun of a couple of friends for giving WizKids money again after getting burnt on the Star Trek game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU